Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair. reasons for your no vote?

Doesn’t really do much
Constantly have to think about it being up for manoeuvring
Constantly have to duck under the umbrella to push
Just annoying in general

I wear a water proof jacket and focus on keeping my hands dry. When I use to use an umbrella, I found the thing that got my hand wet was fiddling with the umbrella putting it up and down!
yes.

good point about touching the umbrella and getting the hands wet.

When theres precipitation i enjoy chucking on the wet weather pants which keep me warm on cold mornings down the coast in winter. the jacket also useful.

i chuck the brolly into the mgi brella holder which addresses the issue of getting teh hands wet. but when the winds up it becomes a sail.

If anyone wants to do it, go for it.
might do it tomorrow!

I also have a Titliest rain bucket hat. It's pretty good for passing showers or if you HAVE to play in wind AND rain. Umbrellas are useless in wind. Also being a bag carrier, if there's a chance of a shower, the hat is great. I've got a different set up for heavy rain. The buggy and water proof bag come out.

On a whim purchased a couple of ex-demo Vokey wedges from the pro shop. 52 & 60 degrees so will need to fill the gap.

Thought it was a low risk purchase given the average age of members (I think 67) means the clubs probably haven’t copped much.

The poor assistant pros on the other hand. They cop it from the over 67s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What are everyone's thoughts on off the rack vs fitted irons for a social 26 handicapper?

These are a ridiculously good price for a quality iron. Fitted these would cost like $1000+ more

View attachment 1916639
Have you been fitted before and has your swing/swing speed changed? If the answer is yes and no and the specs on these irons are similar to your preference, go for it.

Have you been fitted before and has your swing/swing speed changed? If the answer is yes and no and the specs on these irons are similar to your preference, go for it.
Swing probably changes month to month, I'm a tinkerer :D

Swing speed would be consistent, between 75-80, so I know my fitted shaft is regular, it was a KBS Tour Lite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swing probably changes month to month, I'm a tinkerer :D

Swing speed would be consistent, between 75-80, so I know my fitted shaft is regular, it was a KBS Tour Lite.
If they’ve got regular shafts, I’d just go for it. If you don’t like them, put them on eBay for $750 and you’ll pretty much get your money back.

Toowoomba QLD

No they are at the Golf Clearance Outlet, I will go and try and check them out this weekend if they're still available
At least you would not be missing an important iron from your set up. And they will be heaps better than your current ones. That Hybrid suited you. If it was reg...just get reg irons. Some irons the can be bent to your lie angle...I don't think it is too expensive. Forged ones.

Last edited:
What are everyone's thoughts on off the rack vs fitted irons for a social 26 handicapper?

These are a ridiculously good price for a quality iron. Fitted these would cost like $1000+ more

View attachment 1916639
Great value

Buy them NOW

View attachment 1916639
Last time I bought new irons, I got my pro to put the new heads on my old shafts because they'd been fitted for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back