Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Question for all

My irons are 1/2" longer shafts than STD
4iron to PW
Been that way on my last 4 sets of Mizuno irons.

My wedges are stock standard length off the shelf

Anyone running extended shafts in their wedges?

Do you hit full shots with your wedges? Even then, it probably doesn't matter.

Do you hit full shots with your wedges? Even then, it probably doesn't matter.
Absolutely I do

Fullshot range

My Mizuno PW is my 120-130
My Titleist 52 degree is my 110-120
My Titleist 56 is my 100-110
My Titleist 60 degree is 75-85

PGA planning a golf ball roll-back to limit distance on tour.

They say it won't affect amateurs but that remains to be seen from ball manufacturers. Probably means increased costs to the consumer too.

I think bifurcation (different balls used on tour) would have been a far better solution for the 99.9% of world golfers that are the blood of the game.

I think bifurcation (different balls used on tour) would have been a far better solution for the 99.9% of world golfers that are the blood of the game.
The ball manufacturers howled that down mate. And they effectively run the game.

Either way the effect for the 95mph driver weekend player will be negligible and no one will stop playing the sport as a result.

Picked up some new cobra wedges

I'm sure this wedge is the same difficulty to hit as my last one, but looking down at the grooves going all the way to the edges and no big scuff or chip marks I was brimming with confidence

20231205_155646.jpg

Pretty happy with them. Only hitting off a mat onto a minefield with ratty range balls but they felt nice (56 & 60)

I haven't really consumed much content surrounding the golf ball rollbacks but it seems mind boggling that they would do it when its only going to cost the average elite player 9-11 yards. If a golf course has been made obsolete from distance gains then 9-11 yards isn't really going to change that.

I just don't get the point of it at all if its such a minor change. Surely equipment changes would have been better? Driver shouldn't be the easiest club in the bag to hit.

Attachments

• avg-distance-effects-1.jpg
    avg-distance-effects-1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 24
I haven't really consumed much content surrounding the golf ball rollbacks but it seems mind boggling that they would do it when its only going to cost the average elite player 9-11 yards. If a golf course has been made obsolete from distance gains then 9-11 yards isn't really going to change that.

I just don't get the point of it at all if its such a minor change. Surely equipment changes would have been better? Driver shouldn't be the easiest club in the bag to hit.
I read something today that drivers would be next. So I'm guessing it's more of an accumulative effect. I reckon they have something like 300 yards as a distance they want to keep things to.

It’s course dependent. A drop of 9-11 yards will bring some hazards into play on some courses.

The solution is a combination of levers, primarily the ball and drivers.

Ball is the easiest thing to change mate.

What's important is the fact that they get started on the rollback. They can keep dialling it back further as need be from there. None of this is going to come into force for 5 years so who knows where we will be by then.

Apparently a competitor flew a driver 283m yesterday at Cathedral Lodge so it's only going to get worse.

Still advocating that they need to consider looking at changes on tour that don't affect the amateur level in every case. Perhaps have some equipment as tour approved and then keep everything else open for the rest.
Titleist and Callaway killed that option off.

The governing bodies were all about brokering a deal that avoids lawsuits. And the non-negotiable for the OEMs was that the equipment and ball must be the same for the all levels of the game. No bifurcation.

Titleist and Callaway killed that option off.

The governing bodies were all about brokering a deal that avoids lawsuits. And the non-negotiable for the OEMs was that the equipment and ball must be the same for the all levels of the game. No bifurcation.

If only we could make balata balls compulsory for pro tours. Those were the days. Balls sucking back hard on greens and mis-hits spinning off the planet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I would throw this question in here.

I have been a member of Future Golf in the past and the membership expires which will make my GA handicap not active. If I choose not to go with FG again, my number remains yes? Just need to reactivate it with another club or online membership? Not really going to spend money on FG as I have played most of their courses and can't really get out and about on the weekdays to use it when its value.

I have been a member of Future Golf in the past and the membership expires which will make my GA handicap not active. If I choose not to go with FG again, my number remains yes? Just need to reactivate it with another club or online membership? Not really going to spend money on FG as I have played most of their courses and can't really get out and about on the weekdays to use it when its value.
Cant comment on the ga number (but youd think it stays as yours for a certain period of time)

Join Howlong

$120 or $130

Maintain GA and lots of reciprocal rights

Correct. You need to be paying a fee to GA to keep your handicap active.

Happy Xmas fellow golfers

413974999_775309607969385_5117395840550687986_n.jpg

Does anyone collect anything from courses they play?

I try and get ball markers from all the courses I've played last 2 years.

Kingston Heath very clean.

Sandy and Gardiners run though... 🤢
View attachment 1878457
I just started about six months ago. Have the Marsh (obviously), Vic, Yarra, Glades, Palmer (same one at both courses unfortunately), Curlewis and 13rd.

A modest haul, but you got to start somewhere.

Does anyone collect anything from courses they play?

I try and get ball markers from all the courses I've played last 2 years.

Kingston Heath very clean.

Sandy and Gardiners run though... 🤢
View attachment 1878457
Never even thought of this lol.

Guessing only the decent courses would have their own markers?

Can't see the suburban local publics having them haha.

Cool idea though, might start next time I see one in a proshop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back