Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

To me they need to do a rebuild.

Steph is still going okay, I know they think of legacy but if something great young can come in return why not??

will not happen but I would be trading Steph, Dray and Klay as well as Paul for picks and youngsters
Build around Kuminga, Moody, JTD, Pod and others and keep Wiggins and see what happens

Part of it is other teams are getting better and are younger, cannot see another ring for Steph at GS no matter what happens

Who cares, they've earned the right to make their own decisions (particularly Steph).

That is a interesting dynamic if true.

I would have thought the owner would have the most pull.

In AFL, I assume because a teams is 18 players plus the bench, plus other reserves, stars and the best players cannot command that type of pull, especially when older. The collective and unit simply is more important with more players I guess

I love what Steph has done, but if I was running GSW I would do a rebuild. That is not having a crack at the big 3 necessarily, it seems time to me and the best thing for GSW is a rebuild with TJD, Kuminga, Moody, Pod and a few others and go with any new players, young talent/draft picks They went okay the other night without Steph.

Steph was and is a great player but I do not see him as a cannot do without player anymore in the sense GSW has to have Steph to win rings going forward. Could Steph win a ring at another team? Absolutely. Would that hurt his GSW legacy?? I think not but I cannot speak for others

I think you are underestimating Steph's value to the city and team. The teams value has increased from $450M to $8B since 2010. Steph is a huge reason for that. Warriors are a world wide brand because of him.

He is the reason they have 4 Championships in 8 years. They probably (by the odds) won't win 2 championships in the next 50 years.

If that means riding it out for a couple of seasons of mediocrity so be it. He deserves it. And as far as I know he wants Klay and Green around. I'm not sure you get much value for either of them anyway.

I think you are underestimating Steph's value to the city and team. The teams value has increased from $450M to $8B since 2010. Steph is a huge reason for that. Warriors are a world wide brand because of him.

He is the reason they have 4 Championships in 8 years. They probably (by the odds) won't win 2 championships in the next 50 years.

If that means riding it out for a couple of seasons of mediocrity so be it. He deserves it. And as far as I know he wants Klay and Green around. I'm not sure you get much value for either of them anyway.
I think your overestimating it.

I agree it did not happen without Steph but the competition has changed, opposition have adjusted and teams have copied the Warriors to a degree especially regarding outside shots.

I think you are living in the past, Steph is special but he still is human, no one beats father time, no one, even Jordan.

This type of mentality underestimates the importance of the likes of Kuminga and Moody to GSW going forward.

A lot of GSW value is built up branding and resources not just Steph and they are not far from Silicon Valley

Damn straight Stef gets to write his own ending. Charlotte may have had some appeal if they weren't a perpetual basket case, but I'd be 99% sure he joins Dirk, Kobe and TD among the best modern day one club players. He has earnt the ownership billions, and will continue to do so after he retires. Millions of fans globally follow Stef first, Dubs second.

I think we could find homes for Dray and Klay if we really wanted to shake things up, but MDJ appears even less inclined than Bob to do that. Detroit may want some of Dray's competitiveness, smarts and hometown appeal to mould their young squad. Thunder and Kangz may work too.

Cleveland and Orlando are both in dire need of 3pt shooting and playoff experience. Klay could work well in both situations. MDJ won't send them somewhere they don't want to go though.

Lakers would love either...especially Klay.

But Stef does whatever the hell Stef wants to do. End of.

I predict we try to move Wiggins but baulk at the offers, and Moody goes for SFA just so we appear to be doing something.

Last edited:
Damn straight Stef gets to write his own ending. Charlotte may have had some appeal if they weren't a perpetual basket case, but I'd be 99% sure he joins Dirk, Kobe and TD among the best modern day one club players. He has earnt the ownership billions, and will continue to do so after he retires. Millions of fans globally follow Stef first, Dubs second.

I think we could find homes for Dray and Klay if we really wanted to shake things up, but MDJ appears even less inclined than Bob to do that. Detroit may want some of Dray's competitiveness, smarts and hometown appeal to mould their young squad. Thunder and Kangz may work too.

Cleveland and Orlando are both in dire need of 3pt shooting and playoff experience. Klay could work well in both situations. MDJ won't send them somewhere they don't want to go though.

Lakers would love either...especially Klay.

But Stef does whatever the hell Stef wants to do. End of.

I predict we try to move Wiggins but baulk at the offers, and Moody goes for SFA just so we appear to be doing something.

Fair enough but I do not identify with that. I follow teams and I do not worship players.

"Moody goes for SFA just so we appear to be doing something." sounds silly and not in the interest of many at all

I simply have no problem with Steph, Klay and Dray playing well for other teams if it helps them win as well as others. I prefer a winning mantra than longevity and camp settings.

Honestly, I am not a diehard but Steph, Dray and Klay is getting a little boring and repetitive or stale for me, especially when it means they do not provide a winning formula. I do like success. I guess I can say this because I do not care, the less interest I have I watch something else or do something else more meaningful, simples really

The trio are not married to each other, they are not supposed to be together forever as basketballers

Last edited:
Fair enough but I do not identify with that. I follow teams and I do not worship players.

"Moody goes for SFA just so we appear to be doing something." sounds silly and not in the interest of many at all

I simply have no problem with Steph, Klay and Dray playing well for other teams if it helps them win as well as others. I prefer a winning mantra than longevity and camp settings.

Honestly, I am not a diehard but Steph, Dray and Klay is getting a little boring and repetitive or stale for me, especially when it means they do not provide a winning formula. I do like success. I guess I can say this because I do not care, the less interest I have I watch something else or do something else more meaningful, simples really

The trio are not married to each other, they are not supposed to be together forever as basketballers
Well, I suppose what you identify with matters about as much as what I believe will happen.

But boring? I'll go out on a limb and say you aren't really appreciating this era for what it is. How did you go in the 12 year drought?

Well, I suppose what you identify with matters about as much as what I believe will happen.

But boring? I'll go out on a limb and say you aren't really appreciating this era for what it is. How did you go in the 12 year drought?
I do not watch GSW for Steph per see, it is more about a combination of things, I did not want to be LA, and I liked how they did things differently, but others have adjusted and GSW should do things differently I think

I can just as easily watch Kuminga and the youngsters. I get more pissed off when they do not make good list decisions so they can win more rings in the future.

If Kuminga was not playing watching GSW would be boring for me. I am more interested in watching Kuminga play and see him develop. Watch a lot of other teams, they respect the outside shot more like Memphis today with youngsters coming through. GSW needs to evolve or perish I think and if they cannot develop and adapt they will not last.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will sound controversial but to me JK is the franchise player of Golden State, even though Steph is still terrific. So if I was running the show I am building the team around JK, not Steph, going forward. As Leigh Mathews said I think, you are only as good as your last game

I was think 6 months ago Kuminga could be the next K Leonard.

Now I am thinking JK can be the next Jordan. Obviously not quite his airness, every player is different but JK could be a player that can do things as close to Jordan for a long time especially as his jumper is improving and he has always had the athletics. No pressure, but the sky is the limit

Last edited:
Steph - A- Still amazing (Previous A+, A, A, A-)
Klay - C- Improved, but very inconsistent (C, C-, D, C-)
Wiggins - C Improving in the last handful of games (D, D+, D, C-)
Green - C Different team with him (C, D, D, NR)
Looney - C- Been okay, but we now have better options (B, B-, C+, C-)

Paul - NR Injured (B, B, B, B-)
Kaminga A- Our second best player at the moment (B-, C+, C+, B)
Moody NR Injured (B, B+, B+, NR)
Payton NR Injured (B, B, NR, NR)
Saric B- Minutes have been cut lately (B+, B+, B+, B+)
Jackson-Davis C Out of the rotation. Okay when playing (B, B-, NR, B)
Pod B+ I like him a lot (NR, B, B+, B+)

Kuminga's form looking more like a trend than a blip. Last 10 at 20+ points on great shooting clips and rebounding well. Keep unless bowled over by an offer.

No point shuffling deck chairs before the deadline. This year is shot to s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back