Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Swet jesus...how did we lost that? We're only winning anything by Steph's grace, but his crunch time ball this year has been awful.

Our composure in tight situations has completely disappeared, and with it goes the Warriors aura.

Kerr talking about tightening up rotations...I think the rooks and JK are going to be on rations from here on in.

Swet jesus...how did we lost that? We're only winning anything by Steph's grace, but his crunch time ball this year has been awful.

Our composure in tight situations has completely disappeared, and with it goes the Warriors aura.

Kerr talking about tightening up rotations...I think the rooks and JK are going to be on rations from here on in.

Reason why we need to grab Vucevic and Caruso

Kuminga, Wiggins and Looney will be enough

Reason why we need to grab Vucevic and Caruso

Kuminga, Wiggins and Looney will be enough
I don't think the 5 is our issue...our team defence has dropped numerous rungs, and we don't have any consistent offensive production behind Stef. Not easy fixes.

Dray's ego keeps tripping him up, Klay can't stay in front of anyone, and Wiggs is a wet lettuce leaf.

Kerr has too much invested in the old guard, and I hope both parties realise that come contract time. Moody hasn't put a foot wrong in recent memory and Kerr didn't even have him in the rotation tonight. What message does that send?

Kerr has been a great coach. He's not the right coach for our current situation.

Would love Caruso...like 29 other teams.

And Saric is better than any vet min in recent years not named David West.

Last edited:
I don't think the 5 is our issue...our team defence has dropped numerous rungs, and we don't have any consistent offensive production behind Stef. Not easy fixes.

Dray's ego keeps tripping him up, Klay can't stay in front of anyone, and Wiggs is a wet lettuce leaf.

Kerr has too much invested in the old guard, and I hope both parties realise that come contract time. Moody hasn't put a foot wrong in recent memory and Kerr didn't even have him in the rotation tonight. What message does that send?

Kerr has been a great coach. He's not the right coach for our current situation.

Would love Caruso...like 29 other teams.

And Saric is better than any vet min in recent years not named David West.

Mate, Looney is a batller. He was non-existent yesterday as he was in foul trouble early. Fox had 20 FTs which means we are too small.

I agree with Dray. He is almost tradable but it will never happen. Klay's defensive attributes are no longer and it is showing. Wiggins is also non-defensive minded for a guy who has decent reach.

Kerr will be gone next season. Being Team USA Coach will be his priority close to Olympics. Iggy for the job?

This is the Dubs final dance; they have to sell Kuminga and anyone with value for those pieces which will help for one last ring for the Trio.

Vucevic and Caruso would be a great addiction, Siakiam is also a target

Saric has been our best all season. He will get a better deal next season at another team no doubt.

No composure.

We got the rough end of the whistle, but still way too many fouls even taking that into account.

Wigs was good.

Moody needs more minutes.

Thats last 58s were embarrassing

Curry panicking with a soft double and then Dray passing the ball to the bench when Klay was coming around him.

Also, i had noticed that Curry shot the ball with 3s left and an open Klay on the wing

Mate, Looney is a batller. He was non-existent yesterday as he was in foul trouble early. Fox had 20 FTs which means we are too small.

I agree with Dray. He is almost tradable but it will never happen. Klay's defensive attributes are no longer and it is showing. Wiggins is also non-defensive minded for a guy who has decent reach.

Kerr will be gone next season. Being Team USA Coach will be his priority close to Olympics. Iggy for the job?

This is the Dubs final dance; they have to sell Kuminga and anyone with value for those pieces which will help for one last ring for the Trio.

Vucevic and Caruso would be a great addiction, Siakiam is also a target

Saric has been our best all season. He will get a better deal next season at another team no doubt.
Absolutely he's a battler...no shame in that. And at $6m per season he's extraordinary value and allows us roster flexibility...the only thing Vuc does better per 36 is score the ball at less than stellar efficiency. We don't need a $20m centre who needs touches to be effective...not unless we are uprooting the entire system.

Steph - A I still love you (Previous A+, A)
Klay - D Magic is gone (C, C-)
Wiggins - D Very slow start (D, D+)
Green - D Dropped in ranking due to stupidity, not play (C, D)
Looney - C+ Solid (B, B-)

Paul - B Still what we need off the bench (B, B)
Kaminga C+ Showed some signs (B-, C+)
Moody B+ I have a lot of time for him (B, B+)
Payton NR Injured (B, B)
Saric B+ Excellent addition (B+, B+)
Jackson-Davis NR Out of rotation (B, B-)
Pod B+ I like him a lot (NR, B)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TJD going to get Looney benched the way he's going.

Also Kaminga has looked much more under control in the last few weeks.
Who can get a read on this team?

Kuminga was god awful. Now looks a legit starter.

Moody was Iggy lite. Now at the far end of the bench.

TJD all of a sudden playing like prime Faried.

Looney regressed back to his pay grade.

Klay was cooked, now cooking. Last 10 at better than career averages.

Kerr is all if a sudden dishing out minutes based on merit.

Only constants are Stef being Stef and Saric being solid gold off the bench.

No composure.

We got the rough end of the whistle, but still way too many fouls even taking that into account.

Wigs was good.

Moody needs more minutes.

Is Moody GSW best player??

I think he could be a future hall of famer, maybe I am putting on a little mayo, but I think he is very underrated and it would not surprise me if he was a shooting star going forward and is a sleeper at the moment

Clearly GSW needs to be built around TJD, Kuminga and Moody, Steph can hand around and see what happens.

There are too many shoots to ignore the youth and development, Kerr needs to move on from the old guard focus

I also think Kuminga will develop into a more small forward guard type who just happens to be able to dunk and jump like a madman around the ring

If push comes to shove I would be trading Draymond and Klay wanting something good back with a youth component. I know some think that is heresy and some think differently in US but to me that makes sense for me. Gotta think forward because I think Steph could last longer than people think

Last edited:
Yeah, hall of fame does seem a fair way off from end of bench rotation piece.
Nah he is better than that.

I would trade Steph out to as well now, they can start again with the youngsters and might get something decent back from Steph, Dray and Klay, In fact if they trade those out may as well trade Wiggins out to

Looks like ground hog day to me at the moment in slow motion. Watching this in slow motion is very boring and would never happen in the AFL

Hire Brown as coach and start the process at GSW, with Kuminga, Moody, Pods, TRD, a few others and some draft picks and other youngsters.

You know I am no expert, many on here are armchair neville nobody's but to me Kerr has a real bias against the youngsters and their development. To me this is not a good trait for any coach in a high performance environment and would be impossible to succeed in such a way in the AFL. He seems to lack great range, multiple dimensions and great capability to adapt. Kerr seems to rely on his one wood all the time, which is great if it works but even then can be boring, stagnant and create dips in performance I think for the group. If Kerr still losing but mixing it up it would be different but to me, and I know I am not alone, there seems to be a problem and Moody and Kuminga really are getting the wrong end of the stick and I know my perspective is not alone. It would not surprise me some players, let alone the fans, would be suffocated under such a operation from a lack of opportunity, ability to grow and incentive to develop and improve creating non positive dips or even more

You know Kerr makes Clarkson looking like the doyen of developing young talent. Kerr has to be moved on I think regardless

Last edited:
what?

Pods, Kaminga and TJD have all been staring games in the last few weeks. They played 19, 21, 28 minutes last night. I'm not sure how many minutes you are expecting them to be playing.

Moody is out of the rotation at the moment, but you can't play everyone.

Steph - A- Still amazing, but has dropped off a little (Previous A+, A, A)
Klay - C- Improved, but very inconsistent (C, C-, D)
Wiggins - C- Better off the bench (D, D+, D)
Green - NR Idiot (C, D, D)
Looney - C- Been okay, but we now have better options (B, B-, C+)

Paul - B- Going to be missed (B, B, B)
Kaminga B Been good (B-, C+, C+)
Moody NR Been out of the rotation but not due to form (B, B+, B+)
Payton NR Injured (B, B, NR)
Saric B+ Excellent addition (B+, B+, B+)
Jackson-Davis B Been great (B, B-, NR)
Pod A- I like him a lot (NR, B, B+)

There is no easy fixes...the only known is that Steph is currently good enough to be number one.

That's it.

Klay? Indeterminable value. Not a number 2.
Dray? Eh...
Wiggins? Non factor outside contract year
CP3? A very expensive, and now injured luxury.
Looney? Regressed
GP2? Perma-injured
Saric? Very likely a one year wonder
Kerr? The shine has long worn off

The kids are all good enough...as rotation or trade pieces.

Add in we're no longer a desirable destination, and there is a line up of teams with better assets for any pieces of note.

Hard road to hoe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back