Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I had the impression we were going with Gay, but holding off on filling the spot to save a few bucks.

I wanted Noel last year, but he's absolutely toast. Dedmon probably ticks the skill set box, but if he couldn't work in the Heat system he likely doesn't work in ours.

I come back to Dwight...let's get a bit older and a bit weirder see what plays out.

Holmgren currently tearing us a new one...none of them are staying with him.

Yeah, out of Gay and McGruder for $$$ purposes

For the 5 spot, Dray and Saric will take those mins

Player ratings (based on performance weighted with expectations)

Steph - A+ I love you
Klay - C Still finding his footing to start the year
Wiggins - D Very slow start
Green - C Still looks good, but has missed a few games
Looney - B Solid as ever

Paul - B He's been great outside some poor shooting
Kaminga B- He's been okay, but still seems to have some of the same issues as last year
Moody B I think he's been really good, but his court time has been fluctuating
Payton B Great player to have on the bench and continues to fill any defensive gaps
Saric B+ Really happy with how he's settled in
Jackson-Davis B Gets inclusion here even with limited minutes, as I like him off the bench.

Aaand back in the .500 dance. Still, probably take that given the tough start.

Need some reliable offence behind Steph. Wiggins has taken a running jump off a cliff...his shooting clips are atrocious. Klay not quite as concerning, but still not the #2 punch we need.

And it must be said...for all the hype about Paul 'unlocking' Kuminga, he's doing pretty well everything outside of free throws at significant career lows.

Aaand back in the .500 dance. Still, probably take that given the tough start.

Need some reliable offence behind Steph. Wiggins has taken a running jump off a cliff...his shooting clips are atrocious. Klay not quite as concerning, but still not the #2 punch we need.

And it must be said...for all the hype about Paul 'unlocking' Kuminga, he's doing pretty well everything outside of free throws at significant career lows.

Wiggins time as a Dub is coming to an end very fast.

Need a consistent scorer to help Steph as Klay is too sporadic and our bench crew will never get 20+ points individually.

Wiggins and 2026 First for OG Ananoby & Otto Porter?

Klay is drinking his own bathwater. Slower, shooting is continually dropping and GSW can't win anything more with the top 3.

Steph Elite 5
Dray Very good, but still stupid
Wiggs - No zeal for the game
Loons- getting slower

Maybe require some picks if we have any left

Flip Wiggs and Klay for :
Bulls - Lavine, Derozan (just $1m more)
Raptors - Siakim, Anunoby ( but maybe Porter) to equal the price or is it that next season

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Klay is drinking his own bathwater. Slower, shooting is continually dropping and GSW can't win anything more with the top 3.

Steph Elite 5
Dray Very good, but still stupid
Wiggs - No zeal for the game
Loons- getting slower

Maybe require some picks if we have any left

Flip Wiggs and Klay for :
Bulls - Lavine, Derozan (just $1m more)
Raptors - Siakim, Anunoby ( but maybe Porter) to equal the price or is it that next season

Klay's shooting is dropping?

Shot fine last year.

Won with this big three only 18 months ago.

Over-reaction to a few losses. We've lost all our games by single digits with a pretty difficult schedule to date.

I like our bench more than the last two years.

Wiggins needs to get his arse into gear though.

They are not 20s they are mid 30s.
Klay will be 34 in Feb and his D fluctuates in games, decision making is not good. You can't think that all is going to work out is just pipe dreams. His demeanour off court has even mellowed more. Thinking and doing are very different things.

I think Klay is who he is now, and that's OK, so long as his new contract reflects that.

The issue is no one stepping up to share the load. Many had Wiggins as our second most important player during the chip year...I'm not sure he'd be the second most important at Santa Cruz this year. This might just be what Andrew Wiggins with a long contract looks like. 15% from 3 on high volume? Puke.

Kuminga hasn't really grown his game from day one. Can't shoot, can't pass, can't defend in a system. I doubt he finishes the year in a dubs uniform.

Next three games with Stef and Dray sitting for some and/or all will tell us a lot about where we are.

Agree with Fid that the bench is good...potentially great. Podziemski looks like a baller.

Wiggins time as a Dub is coming to an end very fast.

Need a consistent scorer to help Steph as Klay is too sporadic and our bench crew will never get 20+ points individually.

Wiggins and 2026 First for OG Ananoby & Otto Porter?
We would bite the raps hand off...which is to say that doesn't get it done.

Wiggins is becoming a concern
Dray behaviour is nearly and breaking point
Klay form and the fact he is wanting a max deal is also an issue

Steph - A I still love you (Previous A+)
Klay - C- Still finding his footing to start the year (C)
Wiggins - D+ Very slow start (D)
Green - D Dropped in ranking due to stupidity, not play (C)
Looney - B- Solid (B)

Paul - B He's been great outside some poor shooting (B)
Kaminga C+ He's doesn't fit our team (B-)
Moody B+ I have a lot of time for him (B)
Payton B Injured (B)
Saric B+ Excellent addition (B+)
Jackson-Davis B- Gets inclusion here even with limited minutes, as I like him off the bench (B)
Pod B Has some skills (NR)

Steph - A I still love you (Previous A+)
Klay - C- Still finding his footing to start the year (C)
Wiggins - D+ Very slow start (D)
Green - D Dropped in ranking due to stupidity, not play (C)
Looney - B- Solid (B)

Paul - B He's been great outside some poor shooting (B)
Kaminga C+ He's doesn't fit our team (B-)
Moody B+ I have a lot of time for him (B)
Payton B Injured (B)
Saric B+ Excellent addition (B+)
Jackson-Davis B- Gets inclusion here even with limited minutes, as I like him off the bench (B)
Pod B Has some skills (NR)

I think Kuminga is just too small at the 4 - 6'6'' with no real aggression. Will be trade bait soon

I reckon a package of Kuminga and Wiggins will be floated around soon

Think we've finally hit the wall. Just too many good teams in the west for us to climb over.

As long as Steph is playing we'll have a puncher's chance, but I have us as play-in cannon fodder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back