GMHBA Stadium (Kardinia Park, Geelong)

Remove this Banner Ad

The sign on the top of the hickey stand says ‘Kardinia Park Stadium.’ What kind of name is that.

The tarps don’t look as bad as I thought on tv.
ICC don't allow stadium sponsorships for their licensed events. Not sure why they threw the 'Stadium' in after Kardinia Park though.

Optus Stadium in Perth will be referred to as its original 'Perth Stadium' name, and will have all Optus Stadium logos covered up at the stadium during the World Cup.

ICC don't allow stadium sponsorships for their licensed events. Not sure why they threw the 'Stadium' in after Kardinia Park though.

Optus Stadium in Perth will be referred to as its original 'Perth Stadium' name, and will have all Optus Stadium logos covered up at the stadium during the World Cup.
311414658_1633843613762702_8839290984576635453_n.jpg

They got the name correct on the covered over cat logo…

I wonder whether they went as far as covering up all of the Geelong paraphernalia throughout the concourses? No wonder they need access to the stadium for weeks prior to the comp.
They did according to twitter.

Yeah, when the ICC come to town, they come to town.

My mother is a volunteer at the MCG library; under no circumstances, the MCC were told, were the volunteers allowed to report to work during the tournament.

Pretty nit-picky.

Yeah, when the ICC come to town, they come to town.

My mother is a volunteer at the MCG library; under no circumstances, the MCC were told, were the volunteers allowed to report to work during the tournament.

Pretty nit-picky.

Most global sporting events/international tournaments are quite pedantic about what can and can't be shown during their tournaments - right down to not displaying the brands of beer on beer taps if they're not an official partner.

Most global sporting events/international tournaments are quite pedantic about what can and can't be shown during their tournaments - right down to not displaying the brands of beer on beer taps if they're not an official partner.
When the AFC came to AAMI park, all the beer fonts had no labels and we had to explain to every customer what beers we had on tap. Shitshow.

Oh, and the fridges had plastic bags covering the windows because we couldn't display the drinks.

When the AFC came to AAMI park, all the beer fonts had no labels and we had to explain to every customer what beers we had on tap. Shitshow.

Oh, and the fridges had plastic bags covering the windows because we couldn't display the drinks.
I assume it'll be the same for the FIFA WWC next year too

The women's T20 world cup at the G they were only selling Bira91 and some other stuff.

Things like crust and red rooster were covered up despite it being the exact same product.

yeah i been working at the cricket this week. all the ford signs gone. the cats change rooms had new floors laid and huge black curtains put up. the cats shop is hidden. the catering staff have sticky tape over their jackets covering the catering companies name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is the new stand due to be done?
Thanks to the genius decision to import cheap steel from Qatar, of all places - which, of course, turned out on installation to be totally defective and unsafe and subject to collapse - the new stand, which was meant to be finished by the end of May, will now not be completed until 2024 -

Thanks to the genius decision to import cheap steel from Qatar, of all places - which, of course, turned out on installation to be totally defective and unsafe and subject to collapse - the new stand, which was meant to be finished by the end of May, will now not be completed until 2024 -

Mate, everything we use today is made out of cheap Chinese crap.
Bit rich to be complaining about something you will barely ever experience.

Mate, everything we use today is made out of cheap Chinese crap.
Bit rich to be complaining about something you will barely ever experience.
Too right "Professor Knowall" has a right to complain, because we are ALL living the experience of being forced to buy cheap and questionable quality Chinese products as our only alternative.

We should NEVER use Chinese steel or metals in anything. The Navy got caught out in 2021 when the new Navy Patrol Boat Builder - Hendersen's Shipyards in WA imported cheap Chinese aluminium which simply wasn't up to spec and the whole consignment had to be sent back. If you want to learn more about how corrupted Chinese builders and suppliers try to cut costs and rip off their customers with shoddy building materials I strongly recommend that you look at some of the videos on "Tofu Dreg" construction on Youtube. I promise you that you will never look at that cheap GWM ute, Hisense refrigerator or Xiaomi mobile phone the same way again. Then of course there's the videos dedicated to "Gutter Oil" used in cooking. Yes Gutter Oil is a thing and used in about 40% of cooking in mainland China.

"Tofu Dreg" Youtube footage features videos of new apartments literally crumbling apart, high rise buildings toppling over or outright collapsing. Road and rail bridges buckling or collapsing. There's no legal accountability over there because CCP officials are for the most part in on the corruption and regularly sweep things under carpet. It will totally change your mindset about using anything Chinese in any construction process. There are videos dedicated to the shoddy construction and materials used in their "Belt and Road" construction projects in Africa and South America, and let's not forget that Dan initially wanted them to build Melbourne's Suburban Rail Loop under the "Belt and Road" program. At least we can all thank ScoMo for saving Victorians from that. Yes the SRL would have cost half the money and would be a quarter built by now, but by the time the Chinese finished it, it would have been decaying and falling apart.

I pity the poor buggers who are rushing to buy cheap Chinese electric cars and utes ATM. There are whole videos dedicated on Youtube to BYD Blade Battery fires and BYDs and LDV utes that are not properly rust treated during their manufacture. I further ask, have any of you ever bought a packet of Chinese made screws or nails from Bunnings? How many do you break, bend or shread when completing a project? Yet builders use this rubbish in the construction of our houses.

As the saying goes, "you get exactly what you pay for" and "Professor Knowall" was totally right to point that out.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back