GMHBA Stadium (Kardinia Park, Geelong)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks choose to sell their home games to tassie so you can wipe them out. Tigers and Pies may have to play one or two home games at marvel, but they are supplemented “away” games against Geelong, Carlton and Essendon who are either not a mcg tenant or a half/half tenant.
If you're a home game member (which most are), where you play your away games are irrelevant. The only truth is no Vic club gets 11 home games at the their preferred home ground.

Anyway I expect you will end up with 10 games at Kardinia, and play Hawks on EM and then Essendon or Collingwood in the off years.

If you're a home game member (which most are), where you play your away games are irrelevant. The only truth is no Vic club gets 11 home games at the their preferred home ground.

Anyway I expect you will end up with 10 games at Kardinia, and play Hawks on EM and then Essendon or Collingwood in the off years.

The blues got their 5(mcg)/6(marvel) split.
The bombers got their 4(mcg)/7(marvel) splitwith a bonus away game against Geelong at the mcg.
The Hawks got 6(mcg)/4(utas), yes they got one at marvel, but they got a away game against the blues at the mcg. So they play a away game against a team that plays less games at that ground then them.
The demons 10 mcg home games with their 1 tio park match.

Do I need to continue? Also the membership packages is on the club. I know Geelong have Melbourne based packages that gives access to away mcg games.

The blues got their 5(mcg)/6(marvel) split.
The bombers got their 4(mcg)/7(marvel) split with a bonus away game against Geelong at the mcg.
The Hawks got 6(mcg)/4(utas), yes they got one at marvel, but they got a away game against the blues at the mcg. So they play a away game against a team that plays less games at that ground then them.
The demons 10 mcg home games with their 1 tio park match.

Do I need to continue? Also the membership packages is on the club. I know Geelong have Melbourne based packages that gives access to away mcg games.
Sorry I mean to clarify the full MCG tennants.

So when you end up playing 1 or 2 home games at the MCG in the future you'll only be screwed the regular amount. Richmond and Melbourne have only had 11 home games at their home twice (1998/99).

Sorry I mean to clarify the full MCG tennants.

So when you end up playing 1 or 2 home games at the MCG in the future you'll only be screwed the regular amount. Richmond and Melbourne have only had 11 home games at their home twice (1998/99).
Maybe if they stopped selling home games it would occur more often.

Melbourne sell their games to avoid Docklands. Richmond have sold 3 games interstate. Doesn't explain the other 47 seasons.
That’s awesome. What relevance does that have to Geelong? Can Geelong sell games to country Victoria…. Like maybe Geelong to get 11? Or if we do play the mcg how about it be against a non Victorian side.

Looks as if they have moved the wicket at KP to the normal footy oval position
mackenzie-harvey-of-the-renegades-and-tom-oconnell-of-the-stars-pose-picture-id1433006223

kardinia-park-stadium-trust-ceo-gerard-griffin-christine-couzens-mp-picture-id1433006213

Looks pretty ordinary…not sure why they’ve tried to cover it.

Also it seems as though they’ve put signage in front of the players benches. One of my pet hates of short form cricket is when they use temporary plastic chairs instead of something integrated and designed. There’s no reason why they can’t use the afl benches???

Looks pretty ordinary…not sure why they’ve tried to cover it.

Also it seems as though they’ve put signage in front of the players benches. One of my pet hates of short form cricket is when they use temporary plastic chairs instead of something integrated and designed. There’s no reason why they can’t use the afl benches???
I think they are using the AFL benches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sign on the top of the hickey stand says ‘Kardinia Park Stadium.’ What kind of name is that.

The tarps don’t look as bad as I thought on tv.

Last edited:
The sign on the top of the hickey stand says ‘Kardinia Park Stadium.’ What kind of name is that.

The tarps don’t look as bad as I thought on tv.
The tarps are fine, in fact the whole ground looks a picture. It certainly doesn't look out of place in a cricket world cup, Geelong should be so proud to have a world class stadium like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back