Gippsland Cricket Thread Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys are exactly right about not knowing what he is on in the TDCA 'amateur, against the laws of the association to pay players' league, and absolutely not knocking a mans right to earn some dollars from doing something he is obviously good at. In fact, i'd say goodluck to him and compliment him on his abilities!
This whole forum is made up of opinions and hearsay, most of which is garbage, with maybe the odd bit of 100% accurate information. What i heard may be incorrect, it may be truth, it may be 80& truth - only a few people would know.
However the forum is here to voice our opinions, concerns and whispers, which it has done in the past and will continue to do in the future.

You guys are exactly right about not knowing what he is on in the TDCA 'amateur, against the laws of the association to pay players' league, and absolutely not knocking a mans right to earn some dollars from doing something he is obviously good at. In fact, i'd say goodluck to him and compliment him on his abilities!
This whole forum is made up of opinions and hearsay, most of which is garbage, with maybe the odd bit of 100% accurate information. What i heard may be incorrect, it may be truth, it may be 80& truth - only a few people would know.
However the forum is here to voice our opinions, concerns and whispers, which it has done in the past and will continue to do in the future.

garbage is your middle name i think, i know what he got paid so you can keep guessing and listening to the crap you get told or make up clown!!

No s**t their bowlers are more valuable. I mentioned Swoop and Lehner as they are at the age where you might give it away, but Bash and Barbour are 10 years away from retirement.

Money is the great divide in the TDCA. Its the reason why the likes of Students and Gormy will be strong, but the bottom 4 clubs will never win a flag. No idea what Burgiel was on, and couldn't give a stuff really, but if you are going to accept coin, then i reckon 700 runs and a ton in the Grand Final is a pretty good return on whatever the investment was. I'm just jealous as we are one of the clubs that would have a snowflakes chance in hell of affording him.

who's your club??

Anyone willing to predict a top 4 for next season at this stage?

My guess would be Gormy, Glen, CATS and Students in no particular order...

Pumpter stop your carrying on how can u say your club cannot compete with the clubs that have more money your club was on the right side of a couple of recruits from inside the comp who were on 100k + over at the desal not long ago, your clubs problem is no good players want to play there or come back ala warne, cause your club sucks!
So stop complaining because I'm sure your club was in a more powerful position 2 years ago to attract blokes like a Burgiel ( with the desal) but they would play for less at clubs like Gormy, toon, exstudents, cats because they are run better and more professional..
Use got jock and wrighty who were never gonna stay longer then there time at the desal..
My top 4
Gormy
Ex students
Cats
Raiders

underestimate knowlesy at your own peril, batted 3,4,5,6 in district cricket so i recon capable of 500+ and if hes knee is ok with the ball he could take easily 40+ wickets bowling at over 130 ks.
plus with jock mcfarlance back who can make runs and there young kids will improve with the experience knowles brings,
they will be in the 4 in my opinion

i think its really good that the tdca have been able to get some real outstanding players back in the competition regardless of whether they are getting benefits or whether they are doing it for next to nothing who cares! brad knowes is a first class cricketer, adrian burgiel has been the best player in the area for some time now and had experience at one of the premier clubs, lee stockdale back after 4 or 5 years at fitzroy- doncaster.

they are going to be massive players for there clubs and the competition and then if you include nat freitag if he continues at centrals is a fine player, michael warne at ex students, kent hammond still a big game player

there is some real quality around especially when you have possibly 5 guys that played over 20 games in the top grade in melbourne plus a hammond who could have!
2012/2013 will be interesting to see how all these big names go i recon

Any word on where Rob Phoenix will be this year? Having decided to hand over the captaincy, surely someone is having a bid for him? Surely Students have enough in the wallet for his services.....

Hello everyone,

Some of you will know of Shaun Anderson who used to play cricket in the Sale Maffra League. Shaun is currently in the UK with his girlfriend and plays cricket for a team in Hamshire in the south of England. By all accounts he is doing very well and is a great bloke. Probably playing a bit below his standard, however, the different wickets get some getting used to as does the warm beer!

I am from a rival team in the middle of the New Forest National Park whose first team play in the same league as Shaun's club - do you guys have any idea where we could start in trying to finding a young aussie who fancies a long holiday in the UK or perhaps a working holiday?

We can't afford to pay a player - we are thinking perhaps we could put him up for free etc during the cricket season and might be able to help with flights, kit or beer etc. It would be a great experience for a youngster to play a season in England - the cricket is serious but the social life is pretty full on.

In fact ideally, we would like to establish links with an Oz Club so we could send youngsters out as well. My sister lives in Melbourne, so I thought I would start my hunt in Victoria...

Any ideas much appreciated.

A
Hello everyone,

Some of you will know of Shaun Anderson who used to play cricket in the Sale Maffra League. Shaun is currently in the UK with his girlfriend and plays cricket for a team in Hamshire in the south of England. By all accounts he is doing very well and is a great bloke. Probably playing a bit below his standard, however, the different wickets get some getting used to as does the warm beer!

I am from a rival team in the middle of the New Forest National Park whose first team play in the same league as Shaun's club - do you guys have any idea where we could start in trying to finding a young aussie who fancies a long holiday in the UK or perhaps a working holiday?

We can't afford to pay a player - we are thinking perhaps we could put him up for free etc during the cricket season and might be able to help with flights, kit or beer etc. It would be a great experience for a youngster to play a season in England - the cricket is serious but the social life is pretty full on.

In fact ideally, we would like to establish links with an Oz Club so we could send youngsters out as well. My sister lives in Melbourne, so I thought I would start my hunt in Victoria...

Aurisch???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello everyone,

Put an advert on the following website. We've fielded a Pom for the last 7 seasons, and this is where i've generally found them, but UK Clubs also use it to find Aussie players.

http://www.play-cricket.com/exchange/Exchange_Search.asp

Agree with the GF prediction, with Ex-Students and Centrals making up the top 4. Rovers will almost certainly be last, as they've lost Lachy Curtis from last year. JK will win Churchill enough games off his own bat after Xmas for them not to be in the bottom 2. At a guess i'd say T West will struggle again this year.
I've heard pretty much all of Churchill A grade team are gone. JK is injured (shoulder?) so is only coaching, seems to change a bit though, but they've lost a lot of players

Another ton on the weekend as well.
Loves a ton almost as much as he loves taking a hanger in front of the deck on gf day at tgon and then going back, slamming one thru and giving the crowd a little celebration to make sure they're getting their money's worth.

First time here guys, so take it easy on me! Looking forward to reading the local gossip, opinions & predictions on the local cricket.

Is anyone looking to Capt and/or Coach an A Grade cricket side in 2013/14? If so, the mighty Traralgon Imperials Cricket Club are seeking the services of a quality cricketer to fill one or both of those roles. Non-playing Coach would be considered also. Anyone interested can email impscc@hotmail.com Dine out on some popgun bowling attacks in the TDCA. Surely someone out there with some cricketing ability has some ambition to lead a side.

Anyone else looking for a game at any level, or any info on the club can also email.

Any interest yet?

Very commendable for trying this avenue pumpter..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back