Gippsland Cricket Thread Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

If Alphie doesn't fire Moe should win in a canter, Tazzie to best mate Dan
Siddle once again.

The bowling attack of each team seems pretty even.

Evans, Halkett, Bloomfield and Wells Vs. Tazzie, Price, Long, Clarke.

Am thinking it will come down to Moe's only 2 known batsman in Philip and Phoenix to get enough runs.....

If Alfie fires, game over......

Am thinking it will come down to Moe's only 2 known batsman in Philip and Phoenix to get enough runs.....

Alfie Langer?

Moes attack has more fire power, Latrobe just bowl tight.

Any idea if Matt Clarke will make an appearance? Who will be stepping aside? Plenty of bowlers in the side..... Mathison or Price may have to make way for Clarkey's 8th Flag.......

Chad Williamson will probably make way, we played against Moe B grade on Saturday and Matt said he was being rested so he was fresh for the GF.

Very exciting GF between Maffra and Bundalaguah over the weekend with Maffra snatching victory from the jaws of defeat - it looked all over at 8/160 chasing 235 but partnerships of 29 for the 9th wicket and a heart stopping 47 for the 10th wicket between Heath Shingles and Nathan Magnuson saw them pull off a memorable victory. Shingles hit the winning runs in the final over sparking scenes of jubilation from the Maffra players and supporters and utter devastation for the Bundy boys.

Very exciting GF between Maffra and Bundalaguah over the weekend with Maffra snatching victory from the jaws of defeat - it looked all over at 8/160 chasing 235 but partnerships of 29 for the 9th wicket and a heart stopping 47 for the 10th wicket between Heath Shingles and Nathan Magnuson saw them pull off a memorable victory. Shingles hit the winning runs in the final over sparking scenes of jubilation from the Maffra players and supporters and utter devastation for the Bundy boys.

From all reports, it was one of the best grand final victories in a long time!! Well done to the Maffra boys!

Plenty of talk of player movements for this time of year. The rumor mill is running hot!!! Apparently Stuart Anderson is on the move from College and is undecided at this stage as to exactly where he will play. Brad Knowles back in the area seems to have generated a lot of talk and innuendo. Common sense tells us that he will return to Raiders, however apparently a couple of SMCA sides are having a pretty big crack at him and the decision is yet to be finalised. Raiders preso night tonight, so all may well be revealed there. Brad Wright back to Churchill is another one being bandied around.

Interesting to read in the Bairnsdale Advertiser the fact the Bairnsdale Oval sprinklers came on at 2pm during the A grade grand final wetting the wicket and surrounding areas!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone looking to Capt/Coach an A Grade side? If so, the mighty Traralgon Imperials Cricket Club are seeking the services of a quality cricketer to fill one or both of those roles. Anyone interested can email impscc@hotmail.com
Dine out on some popgun bowling attacks in the TDCA.

Anyone else looking for a game at any level, or any info on the club can also email.

You might be the best option.

I'm guessing the comment on Toongabbie and Gormandale being the only two decent teams in the TDCA was posted before last season. I think that there are a few teams that would debate that statement. Glengarry are the team to watch in the next few years, if there young players stick together I think you'll find they will be the benchmark of the comp. If CATS can hold on to their quality pick ups from 2011/12 then they will also be very strong in the coming year. Churchill and Centrals both have well balanced sides but I can't see them improving a lot from where they are currently at...

I'm guessing the comment on Toongabbie and Gormandale being the only two decent teams in the TDCA was posted before last season. I think that there are a few teams that would debate that statement. Glengarry are the team to watch in the next few years, if there young players stick together I think you'll find they will be the benchmark of the comp. If CATS can hold on to their quality pick ups from 2011/12 then they will also be very strong in the coming year. Churchill and Centrals both have well balanced sides but I can't see them improving a lot from where they are currently at...

Brad Wright's probably going back to Churchill, won't be at Imps.

I reckon your half right. Not sure he'll end up at Churchill though. If i was a betting man i'd say Ex-Students.

As for the previous comment about Churchill and Centrals not improving, Centrals improve out of sight if Nat Freitag plays and he is back bowling. He's an absolute superstar.

Ex Students have been after him for close to a decade and i've heard Lee Stockdale has gone back there. They'll look after him financially you'd reckon.

I reckon your half right. Not sure he'll end up at Churchill though. If i was a betting man i'd say Ex-Students.

As for the previous comment about Churchill and Centrals not improving, Centrals improve out of sight if Nat Freitag plays and he is back bowling. He's an absolute superstar.
Yeah you make a valid point. Nat is the key for Centrals. Jarryd Allen is a very handy cricketer but the rest of their side is fairly ordinary.
Heard of any other teams picking up players?

Glengarry are the team to watch in the next few years, if there young players stick together I think you'll find they will be the benchmark of the comp.
Got to be kidding - they've only just scraped into the finals due to the weather over the past two years, then they've been absolutely pulverised!
I'd be keeping an eye on CATS to be consistently better, and Ex-Students who (from talking to other clubs from the league) were the second best team all year but unluckily didn't make finals due to the weather. However Gormy should win again without question.

Got to be kidding - they've only just scraped into the finals due to the weather over the past two years, then they've been absolutely pulverised!
I'd be keeping an eye on CATS to be consistently better, and Ex-Students who (from talking to other clubs from the league) were the second best team all year but unluckily didn't make finals due to the weather. However Gormy should win again without question.
I'm guessing you didn't watch the finals series?
Glengarry were a lot more competitive then CATS against Gormandale.

Glengarry played CATS (at CATS) twice in the season last year and defeated them both times...

And the bulk of Glengarry's best players are aged between 18-24. They could only get better right?

Yes, Ex Students have a very strong side. They will definitely be up there in the top few sides next year no doubt.

Gormandale need to make hay while the sun shines, 'cause they have nothing in reserve. btw, Burgiel made appx $18 per run last season......
And i'd rate some of their bowlers a lot more valuable than Lehner!

Gormandale need to make hay while the sun shines, 'cause they have nothing in reserve. btw, Burgiel made appx $18 per run last season......
And i'd rate some of their bowlers a lot more valuable than Lehner!

I would imagine only a select few at Gormy and Burgiel himself would know exactly what he did or didn't get paid. Just because someone who "is in the know" sprouts off about what they think he would be getting, doesn't make it right.

I doubt whether someone with a case of syphillis would be privilige to such information.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back