USA George "Costanza" Santos

Remove this Banner Ad

Representative George Santos, the embattled first-term Republican from New York, told his colleagues on Tuesday morning that he would temporarily recuse himself from sitting on his congressional committees, the first crack in his defiant stance as he faces multiple investigations and calls from members of his party to resign.
Mr. Santos, who since being elected in November has admitted to fabricating parts of his résumé and is under scrutiny for what appears to have been a yearslong pattern of deception, was named this month to serve on the committees on small business and on science, space and technology.
His decision to step down from his committees came after he met privately with Speaker Kevin McCarthy on Monday night. Mr. McCarthy told reporters on Tuesday that Mr. Santos had brought up the idea and that it was an “appropriate decision” for now, “until he could clear everything up.”
So ol' George Whoever is going to recuse himself. What a country when maybe the biggest, boldest liar since DJT has more ethics than a SCOTUS justice. :confusedv1:

[SMH]

Okay, I know sometimes I come under fire on here for voicing unpopular opinions, so I’ve no doubt this will go down badly.

But I’m a fan.
Nah, not unpopular. Just that you overlook 'the other side' for doing the same things.

Anyway here is a bit more of Georgie and possible problems, this is good read.

... treasurer, Nancy Marks, whose resignation was made public on Tuesday in letters...

On Tuesday night, the Santos campaign filed a year-end report bearing the signature of a new treasurer, Andrew Olson. But the filings offered little detail beyond his name, and the campaign has not yet filed paperwork designating Mr. Olson in that role.

Ms. Marks’s letters said that she had resigned on Jan. 25 — the same day that the Santos campaign committee, as well as several affiliated financial committees, filed paperwork stating that Ms. Marks was being replaced as treasurer by Thomas Datwyler.

But Mr. Datwyler, a veteran campaign finance consultant affiliated with a number of Republican committees, said that he had told Mr. Santos’s team that he was not interested in assuming those duties. His lawyer, Derek Ross, sent a letter to the F.E.C. saying that Mr. Datwyler “did not file or authorize” the new campaign paperwork and that he did not authorize the forms “to be signed on his behalf.”
The lawyer also suggested that the F.E.C. “refer this matter to the appropriate law enforcement agency to determine whether a crime has occurred.”

If someone else falsely filed and signed paperwork on Mr. Datwyler’s behalf, that could be seen as a violation of federal law that prevents people from knowingly filing false information with the government, campaign finance experts have said.

The lack of clarity over who is operating as Mr. Santos’s treasurer has already caused confusion. Ms. Marks’s signature was on various year-end campaign finance reports filed on Tuesday — including a joint fund-raising committee associated with Mr. Santos that filed paperwork to end its operations — even though she said she had resigned as the committees’ treasurer the week before. If someone else were to have filed the reports using Ms. Marks’s credentials, that person could be in legal jeopardy.

Okay, I know sometimes I come under fire on here for voicing unpopular opinions, so I’ve no doubt this will go down badly.

But I’m a fan.
I'm having a "Free George Santos!" T shirt made up for when he is inevitably arrested. Shall I order an extra for you?

What a dog! No not the one who died, I mean Santos!

According to Politico, federal authorities are now probing Santos’ involvement in the alleged GoFundMe scheme, which allegedly defrauded disabled Navy veteran Richard Osthoff from money collected for treatment for his service dog Sapphire.

FBI investigating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giving a clearly compromised Congressman access to classified material is a bit bizarre when you remember the fuss over Clinton's emails.

Wait, there is more... .:D

My favourite part is when he says: 'he is just a simple minded folk'. Now that is true.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, 1.58, 3.9, .28, 7.04 and 8.15 are the good bits.

2023-02-12_124221.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back