General Sports thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone watch the Netball World Cup semifinal between Australia and Jamaica last night. The Jamaca GS never missed a shot. A strongly built woman, The game seesawed with Aus winning just. They play the Grand Final against England.

I was surprised with the large Aussie support in Cape Town. I turned ion last night and thought they were playing in Australia. it was that loud.

The final, which will start at 2am Monday (AEST) on Fox505. Not sure if its free to air.

I missed it, but a good bounce back after our loss to England in the previous game.

Not sure what World Netball was thinking putting a World Cup on at the same time as the FIFA Women's World Cup.

I missed it, but a good bounce back after our loss to England in the previous game.

Not sure what World Netball was thinking putting a World Cup on at the same time as the FIFA Women's World Cup.
I don't know what airtime it's getting. Normally would be huge.

Congrats to the Diamonds on being world champions again :)

Having been either winner or runner up every single world championship since they began is an incredible record.
They hammered the English girls in the end. The English girls choked. The loss in the earlier match and the scare against Jamaca certainly toughened our girls.
I watch the last 1/4 of the Jamaca/NZ game. They are a good team and would have stretched Australia.

Last edited:
Rained about 2 hours—so that was that…

Never rains even for half a day here

2 hours straight is about as long as I have experienced in SV

Dad brag time…I know, I know..

Still, kid had a nice couple days this week (he is on the right below, a sophomore-15yrs)

IMG_1564.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AmericanCrow sorry but my Dad brag time, my lad just made the SAPSASA State Carnival in the 100m relay team! Never done any athletics training in his life, rocked up to the District trials yesterday and got 3rd in the 100m so he's part of the relay team!

AmericanCrow sorry but my Dad brag time, my lad just made the SAPSASA State Carnival in the 100m relay team! Never done any athletics training in his life, rocked up to the District trials yesterday and got 3rd in the 100m so he's part of the relay team!
That is outstanding

And the follow up happened today, his relay team ran an amazing race finished second in their heat and third overall in the metro state champs today. He's pretty excited!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back