Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did a set of 10 @ 80 for squats, and then got 9 for 85KG but lost form at the end and was not the best reps. Using too much of the glutes and hamstrings.

I'm thinking it's time to shorten down to 5 rep sets and go 90,95,100 for next workout. Try and build up to 120kg.

Question for everyone. If I work up to say 120KG will the sleeves help much. Do they make a lot of difference.

If I work up to say 120KG will the sleeves help much.

Depends on the sleeves.
I hated my Kono(?) sleeves and squatted more without them.
I’ve heard people comparing modern, high end, sleeves to knee wraps and saying they’re getting 2-3% out of them though.
On the other hand I would also argue that unless you’re pursuing bigger numbers then doing something to inherently make a given kg easier doesn’t have a great amount of value.

Last edited:
Did a set of 10 @ 80 for squats, and then got 9 for 85KG but lost form at the end and was not the best reps. Using too much of the glutes and hamstrings.

I'm thinking it's time to shorten down to 5 rep sets and go 90,95,100 for next workout. Try and build up to 120kg.

Question for everyone. If I work up to say 120KG will the sleeves help much. Do they make a lot of difference.
Doing better than me mate, I only got up to 3 x 8 @ 75.

Doing better than me mate, I only got up to 3 x 8 @ 75.
I'm doing a Squat focus right now. 3 days a week.

Deep squats, paused until It gets real hard.

Started this week at 80KG. The first week is really tough because of the high volume and you have to back off other workouts too maintain it. Also need to have a calorie surplus to get the most out of it.

I'm doing a Squat focus right now. 3 days a week.

Deep squats, paused until It gets real hard.

Started this week at 80KG. The first week is really tough because of the high volume and you have to back off other workouts too maintain it. Also need to have a calorie surplus to get the most out of it.
Watched a guy work up to a set of paused squats at 100kgs tonight

I am trying to keep the same weekly routine.

Week 1: 4 x 10 x 100
Week 2: 4 x 10 x 102.5 (I am here)
Week 3: 4 x 10 x 105
Week 4: 2 x 10 x 107.5
Day 1: very easy warm up builds to 3X5 at 75%
Day 2: Volume with 10 sets building to 65%
Day 3: pyramid building to 75% and back down for volume at 50%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the paused squat it's significantly more difficult especially deep, but with a squat focus program it really helps later on. The workout I'm doing I've done multiple times with bench and it is single handedly the best workout I've ever done.

It's hard to tell because the volume is difficult in itself. I think next week after my first rest it should be easier.

HAHA, that's nothing. Guy at my gym was doing 200KG tonight, his mate is benching 185KG. I've never seen that much benched before.
You at a powerlifting gym those are big numbers

I'd be happy with 100kg squats

Nah, just a couple of guys that are ******* strong. Another smaller guy is doing sets of 5 for 150 on squats which is impressive also.

I've done 110X2 before. I'd like to get to 130 X 5 but don't want much more than that.
I follow a lady on Insta who does 160KG which is insane.

At my gym I reckon I only see someone squat anything at all like once every 2 months...
This is the lady I follow. ******* amazing

IF you put in constistent effort, 100KG is very doable. but it depends on how big you are. There's a girl at my gym who does 90KG for sets and she's smaller than me. I've worked up to 100 multiple times but never kept up with it to go further. It all comes down to how big you are aswell. I think my lean weight at 10%bf would be 60KG. I think a 150-160KG squat would be possible without wraps but then again, why would I bother, it's not worth the effort.

This girl weighs 56KG and heaps of guys were accusing her of doing steroids so she weighed herself in a video, but so ******* natural and hard working. Does 145KG squats.

I'd be concerend with the people who are massive and ripped as being juiced but she's really small.

Nah, just a couple of guys that are ******* strong. Another smaller guy is doing sets of 5 for 150 on squats which is impressive also.

I've done 110X2 before. I'd like to get to 130 X 5 but don't want much more than that.
I follow a lady on Insta who does 160KG which is insane.

You occasionally run into people like that.
Can remember when I was living in the States a couple of girls (I say girls but they were both late 30s) joined our training crew. They squatted with us and 1 in particular I was like holy s**t what was that. Checked online and she had squatted 10kg over the WR at that time with a safety squat bar to a low box. Few weeks later she broke the all time record in the 60kg class.
Just checked online now and in the 60kg class she’s squatted over 200, benched 120 & deadlifted 227.5kg. In September she totalled 545kg at 47 years old weighing 65kg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back