• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 41 22.4%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 54 29.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
You can tell you don't even believe what you're saying.
Yeah I do, that’s what happened. It’s ok we know you overlooked that fact, that’s what happens when you don’t take into account any other factor but the names on the list.

I thought you would’ve learned that after 08 but clearly not.

Yeah I do, that’s what happened. It’s ok we know you overlooked that fact, that’s what happens when you don’t take into account any other factor but the names on the list.

I thought you would’ve learned that after 08 but clearly not.
So to get this straight, you rate Richmond 2017-2020 ahead of Hawthorn 2013-2015 because Richmond 2013-2015 beat them?

So really you are just saying Richmond 2013-2015 was a better side than Hawthorn's dynasty side at the time.

And Collingwood was worse than Hawthorn in 2023, and so on.

You really do take stupid to whole new levels on a daily basis.

So to get this straight, you rate Richmond 2017-2020 ahead of Hawthorn 2013-2015 because Richmond 2013-2015 beat them?

So really you are just saying Richmond 2013-2015 was a better side than Hawthorn's dynasty side at the time.

And Collingwood was worse than Hawthorn in 2023, and so on.

You really do take stupid to whole new levels on a daily basis.

Yep, they don’t match up well against us. So in a game I’m backing the dynasty team with the best MCG win streak ever and a system that counters their style.

If they couldn’t handle baby Dusty and Vickery, prime Dusty and Riewoldt would tear them a new one.

You are in fact a fool for not taking any of these other factors into account and treat teams like it’s SuperCoach. I’m surprised you don’t follow the Dogs, they seem right up your alley.

Yep, they don’t match up well against us. So in a game I’m backing the dynasty team with the best MCG win streak ever and a system that counters their style.

If they couldn’t handle baby Dusty and Vickery, prime Dusty and Riewoldt would tear them a new one.

You are in fact a fool for not taking any of these other factors into account and treat teams like it’s SuperCoach. I’m surprised you don’t follow the Dogs, they seem right up your alley.
I thought H&A games are meaningless. You beat the Hawks in a H&A game during their threepeat yet when finals came along they went on a roll and the Tiggs managed as followed:

2013: Finished 5th, became the first team ever to lose to a team that came 9th in an elimination final
2014: Finished 8th, got spanked by Port to the tune of 57 points in the infamous 'Trent Cotchin kicks into the wind' match
2015: Finished 5th, got knocked out in the first round for the third straight time by North Melbourne

Richmond 13-15 were a funny joke, far be it for me to back up the Hawks but even for you to compare the two is ludicrous.

I thought H&A games are meaningless. You beat the Hawks in a H&A game during their threepeat yet when finals came along they went on a roll and the Tiggs managed as followed:

2013: Finished 5th, became the first team ever to lose to a team that came 9th in an elimination final
2014: Finished 8th, got spanked by Port to the tune of 57 points in the infamous 'Trent Cotchin kicks into the wind' match
2015: Finished 5th, got knocked out in the first round for the third straight time by North Melbourne

Richmond 13-15 were a funny joke, far be it for me to back up the Hawks but even for you to compare the two is ludicrous.

Hawks are lucky they didn’t play Richmond 13-15 in a final. Matchup matter, you should follow footy a bit more so you can understand.

lol. This is how people who never watch (or play) sport think.

Why didn’t they beat us 3-0?

Did they deliberately throw the games?

I’m not saying we were a overall better team than them. I’m just saying the matchup favoured us and so would our dynasty teams.

Hawks are lucky they didn’t play Richmond 13-15 in a final. Matchup matter, you should follow footy a bit more so you can understand.
Based on 13-15 Richmond's 0-3 record in finals, everyone who didn't get to play them should consider themselves unlucky.

p.s. why wasn't GOAT Martin carrying his side to victory?

Based on 13-15 Richmond's 0-3 record in finals, everyone who didn't get to play them should consider themselves unlucky.

p.s. why wasn't GOAT Martin carrying his side to victory?

He was young.

And thanks for the logic.

We can finally stop talking about Geelong with the true dynasty teams. They lost too many finals when it mattered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was young.

And thanks for the logic.

We can finally stop talking about Geelong with the true dynasty teams. They lost too many finals when it mattered.
2014-2015 Martin was the same age as Ablett 2007-2008, who was a clear BOG in three finals and near BOG in two others.

Martin was not in the best 8 players on the ground in any of his 2013-2015 finals.

Matchups is the main reason.

Everybody has bogey teams. It was not a 1 off game it was 3
You didn't win 3 though, just 2. Using such a miniscule sample size is also pretty funny.

And I love that you think matchups is the main reason for an upset. Nothing to do with preparation, coaching, conditions, players available on the day. It's all just about "matchups".

Cool stuff bro.

You didn't win 3 though, just 2. Using such a miniscule sample size is also pretty funny.

And I love that you think matchups is the main reason for an upset. Nothing to do with preparation, coaching, conditions, players available on the day. It's all just about "matchups".

Cool stuff bro.
Yep so over 3 games. Teams usually play once a year you know.

3 of what 9 finals. That’s his prime too, pathetic.
5 out of 6 finals BOG or near-BOG. Maths has never been your strong suit.

His peak started at 23. Martin's started at 27. That is a very late start for someone who hasn't been strong in their 30s. Yikes.

(try not to get personal or emotional after this..."you are sick" etc)

5 out of 6 finals BOG or near-BOG. Maths has never been your strong suit.

His peak started at 23. Martin's started at 27. That is a very late start for someone who hasn't been strong in their 30s. Yikes.

(try not to get personal or emotional after this..."you are sick" etc)
Oh thought you meant 07-09. That’s still shocking.

Now compare that to Martin prime and take a seat.

GAJ isn’t even in the top 20 finals players of the last 50 years as per that Age article. Everybody just remembers him choking 08.

Oh thought you meant 07-09. That’s still shocking.

Now compare that to Martin prime and take a seat.

GAJ isn’t even in the top 20 finals players of the last 50 years as per that Age article. Everybody just remembers him choking 08.
But but but you just said Martin was poor in finals 2013-2015 because he was "young". Ablett at the same age was the best player in the comp and dominating finals on the way to two premierships, 2nd BOG (check the Norm Smith votes...so much for choking) in the other grand final that didn't result in a flag.

PS Cleansweep17 if you think it is "shocking" to be in the best 2 players on the ground for 83% of finals - then you are essentially saying you don't rate any period of finals for players in the AFL era. Because you are so desperate for it to be Martin's thing and Martin's only. Not a footy fan, in other words. Just a sycophant for one of your club's players.

But just out of interest, who are your top 20 finals players of the AFL era (1990 onwards)?

PS Cleansweep17 if you think it is "shocking" to be in the best 2 players on the ground for 83% of finals - then you are essentially saying you don't rate any period of finals for players in the AFL era. Because you are so desperate for it to be Martin's thing and Martin's only. Not a footy fan, in other words. Just a sycophant for one of your club's players.

But just out of interest, who are your top 20 finals players of the AFL era (1990 onwards)?
Yeah it’s shocking, maybe because I’m spoilt and we had Dusty who from 17-20 went:

BOG, BOG, BOG

BOG, N/A

BOG, N/A, BOG

N/A, BOG, BOG, BOG

So a whopping 9/12 or 75% BOG rate

3/3 Finals MVP

3/3 NE

3/3 Flags

GAJ isn’t fit to tie Dustys boots in finals.

I’ll give you my ranking later. I need a little time. But I answered some of it previously with the top 11 from 07-10 in the other thread.

But but but you just said Martin was poor in finals 2013-2015 because he was "young". Ablett at the same age was the best player in the comp and dominating finals on the way to two premierships, 2nd BOG (check the Norm Smith votes...so much for choking) in the other grand final that didn't result in a flag.
Do you want me to add all of GAJ finals at his second stint at Geelong. That BOG would plummet to almost nothing.

Back