Oppo Camp Garlett watch

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of us, including me, were very keen to pick up Garlett, super talented player who was always going to be a challenge to weed the 'boy' out of his character.

Interesting article about why he wasn't picked for their Hawks game vs the Brisbane schoolgirl outfit.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/21416339/why-garlett-has-been-grounded/

Thewest.com.au understands the Hawks have already warned Garlett about several off-field issues, with the club's lead-ership group forced to step in and speak to him.

There is a lot of Carospeak in the article so hard to say.

Do people think he is a stallion that can be broken? Will breaking him destroy the flair which is a big part of his game?

not sure if true or not but if so what an idiot. Since we are on opposition watch lets add Betts to the list, he was close to coming to north

People who aren't interested can **** off out of the thread rather than post whiny shit.

Your entire thread is based whiny shit "Boo hoo, why didn't we get Garlett, boo hoo, I'm having a sook".

We didn't get him because he's a crackhead, that's why.

Where's the David Swallow watch..... surely more relevant than the players we didn't get.

There is a post draft thread floating around somewhere about David, if you are interested, not sure he represents much of a need for us, seems to be very similar to players we already have and wont come cheap.

Your entire thread is based whiny shit "Boo hoo, why didn't we get Garlett, boo hoo, I'm having a sook".

We didn't get him because he's a crackhead, that's why.

Read my post and indicate where I was 'sooking' about us not drafting him?

It was reported that we were one of the clubs that were following his progress and were keen on him, just not as keen to pay what Hawthorn was, don't even know if we would have drafted him or not if he was available later on.

I don't really care we didn't take him, just curious about his progress and if he will make it as a footballer or not. A lot of opposition fans are interested if Daw will make even though they all passed on him as well. If you are not interested just don't shit the thread up for other people.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Garlett will make much of an impact in the AFL. He doesn't have it in him IMO.

I may be wrong, and even if I'm right, I don't think it will be much skin off Hawthorn's nose.

He will be kicking himself in 15 years time when he's selling solar hot water units door-to-door and thinks back to when he could have set himself up for life in the AFL. He just doesn't see it yet.

I don't wish ill on anyone and hope I'm wrong. It's a great tragedy for top end talent in any field to go to waste.

People who aren't interested can **** off out of the thread rather than post whiny shit.
If you want to discuss a player that North eventually put a line through then expect a fair bit of :rolleyes:

My understanding is that if it were a choice between Garlett and Kanye at the last pick in the rookie draft that we would have taken Kanye. Says it all.

If you want to discuss a player that North eventually put a line through then expect a fair bit of :rolleyes:

My understanding is that if it were a choice between Garlett and Kanye at the last pick in the rookie draft that we would have taken Kanye. Says it all.

I am not interested how good a footballer he may or may not become, everyone knew he had a fair bit of natural talent. This is about if he is going to survive the off-field battle to become a footballer or not. McAdam for us was insanely talented but he had off-field issues he couldn't come to terms with and it killed his career prematurely.

I don't really know if or when we would have taken him or if at all, don't really care tbh. As for Kanye, I like the way he goes about it, despite his girlish physique he plays with the kind of intensity I would have hoped was the benchmark for professional footballers. I hope he can put the weight on and continue to play the way he does.

I am not interested how good a footballer he may or may not become, everyone knew he had a fair bit of natural talent. This is about if he is going to survive the off-field battle to become a footballer or not. McAdam for us was insanely talented but he had off-field issues he couldn't come to terms with and it killed his career prematurely.

I don't really know if or when we would have taken him or if at all, don't really care tbh. As for Kanye, I like the way he goes about it, despite his girlish physique he plays with the kind of intensity I would have hoped was the benchmark for professional footballers. I hope he can put the weight on and continue to play the way he does.

Looking more and more likely the answer is no...

Further confirms my thoughts that he is an absolute waste of talent and an imbecile. I'd have given my left nut at his age to have the talent he possesses.

Professional footballer > Facebook selfies, cruising Northbridge in my holden, smoking with ma boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back