Toast Fremantle's 1st Rookie Pick: Matthew Uebergang

Remove this Banner Ad

OK well I'm I guess this is the time I break the news.

I don't play computer games. Never owned a play station or an X box. Never owned any console and probably never will.

I just don't enjoy it.

Computer games suck!

I'm on the other side of that coin JMT :p In my teens I was a hardcore gamer and ran a large clan (over 2K members). Some of the skills learnt have been transferable to business, so I appreciate the lessons of the time.

I'm on the other side of that coin JMT :p In my teens I was a hardcore gamer and ran a large clan (over 2K members). Some of the skills learnt have been transferable to business, so I appreciate the lessons of the time.

Yeah man its true I don't care for video games but I don't really think you guys are noobs or geeks. It's just not for me.

I wonder if your 2K Clan could out muscle my 10 man street gang :p

As long as gaming doesn't get in the way of uber gangs footy then all good.

OK well I'm I guess this is the time I break the news.

I don't play computer games. Never owned a play station or an X box. Never owned any console and probably never will.

I just don't enjoy it.

Computer games suck!
It's OK, society still has a place for people like you.

It's called a nursing home.

Yeah man its true I don't care for video games but I don't really think you guys are noobs or geeks. It's just not for me.

I wonder if your 2K Clan could out muscle my 10 man street gang :p

As long as gaming doesn't get in the way of uber gangs footy then all good.

We'd zerg you ;)

Most of the heavy gamers I know have addictive personalities. Takes one to invest that much time into a game. Especially when you're at the point of building mods, immersed in communities, doing statistical analysis of game mechanics, developing tactics, etc. all to be the best

If Matt is the same, and he applies that same singular focus to his footy - you'll know he won't be left wondering. As long as he always considers it a challenge to beat.

We'd zerg you ;)

Most of the heavy gamers I know have addictive personalities. Takes one to invest that much time into a game. Especially when you're at the point of building mods, immersed in communities, doing statistical analysis of game mechanics, developing tactics, etc. all to be the best

If Matt is the same, and he applies that same singular focus to his footy - you'll know he won't be left wondering. As long as he always considers it a challenge to beat.

You lost me at zerg.

I was always into RPG and strategy games growing up (FF franchise, Blizzard games), then family life/kids came along and ruined everything.. But i'm just starting to get back into little bits of it now. Witcher 3 was good, and i'm damn well looking forward to the FF VII remake.

Last edited:
I was always into RPG and strategy games growing up (FF franchise, Blizzard games), then kids came along and riuned everything.. But i'm just starting to get back into little bits of it now. Witcher 3 was good, and i'm damn well looking forward to the FF VII remake.

What is your opinion on FF7 being real-time based rather than the classic turn based?

Blizzard reference ... "Pot of Gold" and "There can be only one" ;)

What is your opinion on FF7 being real-time based rather than the classic turn based?

Blizzard reference ... "Pot of Gold" and "There can be only one" ;)
I understand it's gonna get a lot of negative feedback and just generally panties in knots etc, but the time of the static turn-based combat system just doesn't stand the test of time, it'd just hold the overall progress and development of the game back IMO. I like that it's going to be real-time based and look forward to the challenge of learning the game all over again. :)

You lost me at zerg.

Check my post, I had linked to a definition for you, just in case :p

I was always into RPG and strategy games growing up (FF franchise, Blizzard games), then kids came along and riuned everything.. But i'm just starting to get back into little bits of it now. Witcher 3 was good, and i'm damn well looking forward to the FF VII remake.

I love RPG/strategy games as well :) FF7, Baldurs Gate and Diablo were all seminal games.

I'm playing a bit of ESO at the moment, but mindful of not investing too much time and energy. Before you know it, you're getting pissed off at tanks who don't know how to manage aggro. Why do that when I can be here calculating the statistical performance of the club as it relates to it's drafting compared to peers... oh hold on.

I understand it's gonna get a lot of negative feedback and just generally panties in knots etc, but the time of the static turn-based combat system just doesn't stand the test of time, it'd just hold the overall progress and development of the game back IMO. I like that it's going to be real-time based and look forward to the challenge of learning the game all over again. :)

There's a lot of nostalgia there on games being faithful to the mechanics that were groundbreaking at the time. I remember when they did a remake of UFO: Enemy Unknown and switched to real-time combat from the turn-based, it lost something. I think it's the fact you're powerless at the point it's the AI's turn - so you make the most of every move. Real times games become more about skill than pure strategy

Last edited:
Did you raid as a feral Druid called Nickos on Frostmourne by any chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love RPG/strategy games as well :) FF7, Baldurs Gate and Diablo were all seminal games.

I'm playing a bit of ESO at the moment, but mindful of not investing too much time and energy. Before you know it, you're getting pissed off at tanks who don't know how to manage aggro. Why do that when I can be here calculating the statistical performance of the club as it relates to it's drafting compared to peers... oh hold on.
I've gotta say I never played Baldurs Gate, but I did give all the Diablo games a hammering back in the day, including the 3rd. But I'm with you on the time investment topic. I'm very reserved when it comes to buying new games as the way I see it - there's no point buying them if I don't have time to play them. Case in point: I was a huge Starcraft fan growing up but I still haven't bothered with no. 2 yet. But it's not going anywhere fast so i'll get around to it one day. :)

There's a lot of nostalgia there on games being faithful to the mechanics that were groundbreaking at the time. I remember when they did a remake of UFO: Enemy Unknown and switched to real-time combat from the turn-based, it lost something. I think it's the fact you're powerless at the point it's the AI's turn - so you make the most of every move. Real times games become more about skill than pure strategy
Yeah that's completely understandable. I think Squaresoft of whatever they're called now have been on the real-time bandwagon for a while now and have used it in many of their games in the not so recent past, so I trust that they'll invest wisely in the development to make it fight just right for #7. I guess what i'm getting at is - i'm not too hard to please. I'll buy it and play it regardless. :p

Check my post, I had linked to a definition for you, just in case :p

Time to actually get back into Skyrim and finish to the stupid game :)

Oh, me neither then :$.

Did you ever roll horde on Blackrock?

Time to actually get back into Skyrim and finish to the stupid game :)

You can always ask FUS_RO_DAH for advice

I've gotta say I never played Baldurs Gate, but I did give all the Diablo games a hammering back in the day, including the 3rd. But I'm with you on the time investment topic. I'm very reserved when it comes to buying new games as the way I see it - there's no point buying them if I don't have time to play them. Case in point: I was a huge Starcraft fan growing up but I still haven't bothered with no. 2 yet. But it's not going anywhere fast so i'll get around to it one day. :)

Yeah that's completely understandable. I think Squaresoft of whatever they're called now have been on the real-time bandwagon for a while now and have used it in many of their games in the not so recent past, so I trust that they'll invest wisely in the development to make it fight just right for #7. I guess what i'm getting at is - i'm not too hard to please. I'll buy it and play it regardless. :p

I'm the same. I haven't picked up Witcher yet - i'm mindful of the timesink. I'd rather spend my free time on here with you boys (although sometimes I wonder why)

Last edited:
No issue with difficulty. My gaming OCD means that I have finish every possible side story before continuing with the story. Which means, I am only in Act 1 when I lost interest in the game.

Fellow completionist ;)

In honour of Uebergang we should set up a gaming thread in the other board. Would stop Righteo having a seizure here, and it would be nice to run around with some of you fellows in-game.

Last week I downloaded Baldur's Gate II on my phone. I have a Samsung Note 5 so the stylus pen comes in handy. One of the best RPG games I ever played as a kid. Spent 100's of hours playing as a kid.

Haven't been able to devote nearly that much time now that I have kids but it's great if I get stuck waiting
somewhere with nothing to do.

If the old Command and Conquer games/Red Alert/Age of Empires show up I'll definitely be laying down some coin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back