Opinion Foodie Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ham and cheese is edible add tomato and you would have to throw it in the bin.

Nah pineapple on pizza is awesome. Everyone pretends not to like it but when pizza day is on the hawaiian always goes first.

Tomato is to toasties what Ken Hinkley is to Port Adelaide.

Toasted sandwiches. Let me just say I love them and when done exactly how the eater likes them done, they rock.

So for a bit of foggy morning controversy here goes.

Try ham and cheese, but with a twist. Moderately aged Cheddar, Parmesan and Swiss/Gouda/Havarti. 2 varieties of cheese minimum. Little bit of cracked black pepper.

Or the same, with 1 variety of cheese, preferably aged Cheddar or good quality Parmesan, or more if you like. But one seems to work better. Then add very finely chopped raw onion and finely chopped pineapple. Little bit of sweet chili sauce.

Delicious.

And potentially controversial:devil:

Or the same, with 1 variety of cheese, preferably aged Cheddar or good quality Parmesan, or more if you like. But one seems to work better. Then add very finely chopped raw onion and finely chopped pineapple. Little bit of sweet chili sauce.

Delicious.

And potentially controversial:devil:
Wtf I'll pass on this one 🤢🤮🤣😂

While I'm soaking in your dislikes with my unpopular food opinions, you know what else is s**t? Laksa. Apparently I'm the only one that thinks an otherwise delicious bowl of noodles isn't improved by pouring a couple of bottles of stocky water over it. It's like eating pasta straight out of the saucepan without running it through a sieve first.

Don't want to be that guy...

But it's because you live in Adelaide that you have not had good laksa or raman in your life

Don't want to be that guy...

But it's because you live in Adelaide that you have not had good laksa or raman in your life

Yeah you are being that guy. There's plenty of good Asian food joints places in Adelaide.

Given what Schulzy has divulged, it appears he has a very basic and child like palate. Whilst these people are annoying to go out with, plenty exist.

If anything indicates having a 'child like palate' it's eating the mush that laksa/ramen turns an otherwise good noodle dish into.

Next time you're in Melbourne, go to Shujinko on Russell St. It's open 24/7.

For supermarket cheese mainland vintage is pretty good there butter is also tops.
Sack Hinkley
20220712_152950.jpg

Cape Seed Loaf-Bakers Delight
Lashings of butter, never margarine or 'blend'
Beerenberg Tomato and Black Pepper Relish
Good quality ham-Romeos
Parmesan and cheddar cheese

Having a bit of a spring clean, found some paper plates, which the toasties are on.
Just thought I'd get in before accusations* of 'lazy kampaigner' come my way

*accusations may or may not be true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since this is now the Foodie Thread, I got to attend one of Tasting Australia's events at Vic Park Social Club last Friday night. Rob Paglia is the chef and the food was mind-blowingly good. 5 courses paired with local wines. Amazing.

Also got to sample some of the Hoff's wine (Baby Face) which was surprisingly drinkable.

Since this is now the Foodie Thread, I got to attend one of Tasting Australia's events at Vic Park Social Club last Friday night. Rob Paglia is the chef and the food was mind-blowingly good. 5 courses paired with local wines. Amazing.

Also got to sample some of the Hoff's wine (Baby Face) which was surprisingly drinkable.
5 courses sounds like a sleepover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back