Opinion Foodie Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy is a caveman I reckon tomato on his cheese toastie would be too sophisticated.
I'd be with him on that, tomato on cheese toasties is baffling to me. Why would you want the inside of your toastie to be wet?

While I'm soaking in your dislikes with my unpopular food opinions, you know what else is s**t? Laksa. Apparently I'm the only one that thinks an otherwise delicious bowl of noodles isn't improved by pouring a couple of bottles of stocky water over it. It's like eating pasta straight out of the saucepan without running it through a sieve first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm soaking in your dislikes with my unpopular food opinions, you know what else is s**t? Laksa. Apparently I'm the only one that thinks an otherwise delicious bowl of noodles isn't improved by pouring a couple of bottles of stocky water over it. It's like eating pasta straight out of the saucepan without running it through a sieve first.
Are you a meat and three veg kind of guy?
Another country bumpkin in disguise 😂

There is nothing worse than looking forward to a nice toastie that you can comfortably hold in your hands only to find after biting into it that the tomato inside it has rendered it hotter than the surface of the sun and you can now no longer taste or enjoy the rest of it.
I actually lift the bread up for a few seconds and let the hot steam out and to help reduce tomato from being so soggy you can just lay the pieces of tomato on some paper towel before putting in toasty. A cafe worker told me about that and then i use baking paper in the toasty press to make the clean up super quick.

Raman > Laksa but good Laksa is pretty delicious.

Last edited:
Sack schulzenfest! Ham and cheese is a 5/10 add tomato it's a 9/10
Ham and cheese is edible add tomato and you would have to throw it in the bin.

Tomato is to toasties what pineapple is to pizza. I will die on this hill.
Nah pineapple on pizza is awesome. Everyone pretends not to like it but when pizza day is on the hawaiian always goes first.

Tomato is to toasties what Ken Hinkley is to Port Adelaide.

I actually lift the bread up for a few seconds and let the hot steam out and to help reduce tomato from being so soggy you can just lay the pieces of tomato on some paper towel before putting in toasty. A cafe worker told me about that and then i use baking paper in the toasty press to make the clean up super quick.
This post made me throw up in my mouth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back