Man Utd
Brisbane (H)
North (A)
Crows (H)
Carlton (N)
Port (A)
West Coast (H)
Bulldogs (H)

Brisbane at home and Port away are more than likely losses.
Eagles at home is likely a win.
North away must be a win if we play finals.
That leaves Bulldogs Home, Carlton Neutral, Crows home to setup up our season. I think we need to win 2 to play finals of the 3. (We can't get behind on the ledger and try to play catch up) 2 wins, will leave us 4 wins, 3 losses and playing Richmond and Sydney the next 2 weeks.

Looking at the next group of games, St Kilda to Bulldogs is a very tough run. We could easily drop all 4, so this is why we need to get a few wins earlier.

Richmond (A)
Sydney (H)
St Kilda (A)
Collingwood (H)
Melbourne (A)
Bulldogs (A)

Suns (H)
Sydney (A)

4-3 is doable and would be very decent. 3-4 not good but not a disaster. Anything less = shithouse
I'm make my wild prediction for how it will turn out:

0-1
1-1
2-1
2-2
2-3
3-3
4-3

It does look challenging after that

The other night I was walking on a path by the ocean and a bandicoot crossed the path ahead of me, going in the direction of the the sea.

I consulted a seer and she told me that Fremantle will have a successful year after a slow start. The bandicoot heading towards the sea means that we are heading in the right direction. The fact that it has not reached it and jumped in for a swim means that we will attain the premiership this season.

Hope this makes you all feel better.

The other night I was walking on a path by the ocean and a bandicoot crossed the path ahead of me, going in the direction of the the sea.

I consulted a seer and she told me that Fremantle will have a successful year after a slow start. The bandicoot heading towards the sea means that we are heading in the right direction. The fact that it has not reached it and jumped in for a swim means that we will attain the premiership this season.

can I have some of what you and/or the seer are smoking?

Need to get off to a good start if were any chance of playing finals. could possibly go 6-1! or could go 2-5.. either way we should get a good bearing on how were tracking by round 7

Brisbane - Think the boys will come out fired up after what they dished up against port. all the talk in the media about us finishing bottom four hopefully creates a siege mentality. Brisbane might be a little flat too and we seem to match up well against them.

North - Wont be easy beats. hopefully we don't go into the game complacent like we did last year.

Crows - Will be tough, should have a full strength team by then. i think we need to dominate the midfield and nullify Tex (which Moose is the perfect man to do) we should win this at home.

Carlton - Tough to call, which versions of both teams turn up? Without looking at stats i think Carlton have struggled at Adelaide Oval recently. 50/50 game

Port - Honestly, we will need to play out of skins to get a result. if we have somehow gone 4-0 up to this point i think this could be a great game but more likely we lose by a couple. Port have a good record at home.

WC - The buggies will come out fired up but we should definitely be winning this one.

WB - Another hard game to call, i would back us at home but it depends how both teams are tracking. Darcy always has a chip on his shoulder wen he comes up against the AA ruck so expect him to potentially have a big game.

Brisbane (H) very like;y LOSS
North (A) based on last year and no Darcy a LOSS as it an away game
Crows (H) sadly another LOSS
Carlton (N) should be close, but i think another LOSS
Port (A) An away game similar to preseason game so potential for BIG LOSS
West Coast (H), Yes finally a win.
Bulldogs (H) Depends on how we can control Bontepeli.. But likely a LOSS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just need Walker to have another career best season at thirty four....

View attachment 1921446
None of the media ever seem to bring this up either. I think they just assume Fogarty or Thilthorpe are guaranteed to get to these levels as soon as Tex stops. As if 70+ goalkickers are a formality.

Tex is one of my favourite players to watch too, even if he seems like a campaigner off the field.

None of the media ever seem to bring this up either. I think they just assume Fogarty or Thilthorpe are guaranteed to get to these levels as soon as Tex stops. As if 70+ goalkickers are a formality.

Tex is one of my favourite players to watch too, even if he seems like a campaigner off the field.
He's an old school footballer, fun to watch.

Interesting that he's never improved his goal kicking tally 2 seasons in a row before, albeit his last 3 have been very good.

We are not losing to North.

It simply wont happen 2 years in a row.

And if it does then Longmuir and some players may as well not even bother coming back to Cockburn.

The first 2 games are massive. We need to win at least 1 of them. Win both and we're in for a good year. Lose both and we're probably looking for a new coach later in the year.
Someone itk said he’s got the new contract. Just waiting for a big win to announce it.

Pathetic if true.

I agree that Fremantle will have a successful year after a slow start. Though mine wasn't a bandicoot. It was a giant orb spider whose web I walked into under my balcony and it garbled something like that in between my high pitched screaming

As an attacking team, they're good for that. Just also leak a lot of goals the other way.

They were still better at defending than we were. They were 9th for points against, we were 11th. And when you consider they were 1st for scoring and we were 14th, they are a long way ahead and would be clear favourites for Rd 3 (which can quickly change after we see the first 2 rounds).

If Adelaide can sacrifice a bit of a scoring (but stay top 4 on attack) in order to improve their defence from 9th to say 6th, then that is a lock for finals, and a definite top 4 contender.

You said they are overrated on this board in another post ... I think it is more jealousy watching a team kick big scores while having the exact type of players in Rachele and Rankine that we desire the most.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back