Review Ex Giants player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron Fleeton joins SANFL club Woodville-West Torrens. Thought he might get into an AFL list, but good luck to him. Also thus club is led by an ex-Giant, Sam Jacobs

Set to be led by former GWS, Adelaide and Carlton ruckman Sam Jacobs next year, Woodville-West Torrens will be looking to improve on their 2023 eighth-placed finish under their new coach

Aiden Bonar, our pick 11 from the 2017 draft and who was later traded to North Melbourne, has joined VFL Williamstown after being delisted by Norths.

Aiden Bonar, our pick 11 from the 2017 draft and who was later traded to North Melbourne, has joined VFL Williamstown after being delisted by Norths.

There was glimpses of the talent that looked like he might explode into the great player he was touted to be as a kid.

I remember of draft night that year them saying he was the best player in the country as a 15 yo about 50 times and every time they showed the ratings they mentioned how he excluded due to not playing etc

It is a real case of what could have been. I was really hoping he would come good.

GWS GIANTS

Phil Davis (retired) —
TBC, but has slotted straight into radio roles in recent months.

Cameron Fleeton (delisted) — Woodville-West Torrens (SANFL)

Jason Gillbee (delisted) — West Coast Eagles (WAFL)

Daniel Lloyd (retired) — Development coach with Brisbane Lions (AFL)

Jackson Hately (delisted) — Essendon (VFL)
Lachie Plowman (retired) — Maribyrnong Park (EDFL)
Andrew Phillips (retired) — Lauderdale (TSL)
Nathan Wilson (delisted) — Peel Thunder (WAFL)
Jake Stein (delisted) — TBC, but is keen to stay in sport after studying sports management, leadership and sports business.
Aiden Bonar (delisted) — Williamstown (VFL)
Josh Bruce (retired) — Assistant playing coach at Eastlake (AFL Canberra)

Hopper looking to have a better 2024 under Richmond’s new coach Yze

Billed as a key recruit alongside Tim Taranto – who claimed Richmond’s best and fairest in his first season as a Tiger – Hopper is hopeful he’ll be able to put his best foot forward in 2024.

“It was an interesting year. Obviously interrupted with some issues with my body which was disappointing, but I loved my first year at the Tigers,” Hopper told SEN Top Endon his 2023 season.

Phil Davis has moved to Melbourne. See him around South Yarra a fair bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he goes on SEN a bit and said as much.

Was hoping he would stay up here and be part of a push for Sydney based media.
If he is wanting a media career, there is more opportunity in Melbourne, also more competition I guess.

Who called it ...

WEST Coast ruckman Matt Flynn faces a significant stint on the sidelines after undergoing surgery to repair a detached tendon where his hamstring meets the knee, delivering a blow to the club's ruck and forward plans to start 2024.

The 26-year-old, who has impressed since joining the club from Greater Western Sydney as a free agent, suffered the injury during a routine ruck drill at the club's captain's run on Friday. Flynn jumped into a ruck bag towards the end of a light session and complained of pain around his knee and upper shin. Scans revealed the extent of the injury and he was scheduled for surgery to expedite his rehabilitation and recovery.

"This is a really unique injury that experienced medical staff have rarely seen," football boss Gavin Bell said. "There have only been a couple of other cases similar to Matt's injury in recent AFL history. "Post surgery he will be on crutches for a short while before starting his recovery. The expected time before his return to play is between 10 and 12 weeks. Because of the unusual nature of the injury, unfortunately, we cannot be any more specific but look forward to a fit and healthy Matt returning to the field."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back