Review Ex Giants player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I prefer Bedford, but great to see him playing well …. He likes the bright lights
Think the way Collingwood has played has suited his strengths. The 2023 Giants style would also suit him better.

I think Bobby is a better player than Bedford, but Bedford is doing exactly what we need at the moment.

Think the way Collingwood has played has suited his strengths. The 2023 Giants style would also suit him better.

I think Bobby is a better player than Bedford, but Bedford is doing exactly what we need at the moment.
I think Bedford is a more rounded pressure player and better for our style. Bobby is pretty much all-out attack, which suits the Pies.
1694147456296.png

Jackson Hately axed by Adelaide.

Yet another "go home" story that didn't work out so good

Jackson Hately axed by Adelaide.

Yet another "go home" story that didn't work out so good

Brilliant, another mummy’s boy who was a 1st round draft pick wants to go home. The Crows screwed us over electing not to give us anything in exchange so he could walk to them via the draft.
Inside sources tell me the Giants were absolutely furious with the Crows about this .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brilliant, another mummy’s boy who was a 1st round draft pick wants to go home. The Crows screwed us over electing not to give us anything in exchange so he could walk to them via the draft.
Inside sources tell me the Giants were absolutely furious with the Crows about this.
Karma's a bitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCarthy was the real obvious one, but with all the wariness about recruiting kids with a "go home" risk, there's a growing list of case studies to suggest that perhaps living away from the distractions of home might be a better move for a footy career.

All sliding doors stuff, but would Toby have reached the heights that he has if he spent the earlier days of his career surrounded by his non footy mates and the bright lights of parties and Melbourne nightclubs? Maybe, maybe not, but it is becoming a potential sell to young players who want to prioritise reaching footy heights over the distractions of being "home"

It’s interesting.

Over the years a lot of fans have complained about how we have so many stars, except for the last 12 or so months when everyone thought we were s**t, then we have been star studded again for the last two months.

They say we are also a factory for stars leaving to other clubs.

But how many have actually smashed it elsewhere?
Cameron? Steel? Adams?

The rest all ended up being delisted or moved around or quit or blamed for their clubs lack of success.

Shows it’s just media outrage of our start up to a Vic fishbowl fan base. Get those clicks.

Last edited:
It’s interesting.

Over the years a lot of fans have complained about how we have so many stars, except for the last 12 or so months when everyone thought we were s**t, then we have been star studded again for the last two months.

Steel? Treloar? Adams?.

The rest all ended up being delisted or moved around or quit or blamed for their clubs lack of success.

Shows it’s just media outrage of our start up to a Vic fishbowl fan base. Get those clicks.
We've done a very good job of spreading the age demographic by trading out good players for draft picks and getting full freight.
Taylor Adams was a great trade for both teams.
Treloar we got full value for
Steele I think we wish we could do over. But at the time I had no issues and hoped it become a top 22 player and do well. Hand on heart, did anyone realise how good he was. Maybe he doesn't get to be that player as he stays.
I think the only one we really wanted was Jezza. That hurt. The rest I think we were comfortable to move on.
I heard Leon say that Marchbank hurt most of all the departures which shocked me. Given his wretched run. Wonder if he wishes he stayed.

We've done a very good job of spreading the age demographic by trading out good players for draft picks and getting full freight.
Taylor Adams was a great trade for both teams.
Treloar we got full value for
Steele I think we wish we could do over. But at the time I had no issues and hoped it become a top 22 player and do well. Hand on heart, did anyone realise how good he was. Maybe he doesn't get to be that player as he stays.
I think the only one we really wanted was Jezza. That hurt. The rest I think we were comfortable to move on.
I heard Leon say that Marchbank hurt most of all the departures which shocked me. Given his wretched run. Wonder if he wishes he stayed.
Stack of typos in that, but you get the gist :)

It’s interesting.

Cameron? Steel? Adams?

To be honest Steele and Adams were also very young when they left due to lack of playing time.

Jezza is the only mature player who has shown consistent form since leaving the club and even he has had patchy form due to injury.

Look at Treloar, Shiel, Wilson, Williams, Lobb, Corr, Hoskin-Elliot, Tomlinson, McCarthy (lol(

I’m the last person to have a shot at typos 🤣
It's pretty common for me too!
I swear I m actually quite literate despite a fair bit of evidence to the contrary

To be honest Steele and Adams were also very young when they left due to lack of playing time.
Steele was also just about delisted rather than wanting out. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back