EDFL U16 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Forum a little quiet as Aberfeldie and Keilor been beaten by less qualified coached teams. Big effort by Craigieburn to kick 7 in the last to storm home, can anyone enlighten us how they played and what happened to Aberfeldie. Hillside just made it happen as Keilor were too predicable going down their wing. Strathmore will be looking for a repeat win this weekend.
Info from an Abers insider - too many changes in personnel (9 he said), at 3/4 time Abers coach demanded a 10 goal win and no tactical change when Craigieburn got on a roll. Apparently, Browning was well marshalled all day and finished last qtr on half back line. Hall, Chircop, Noonan & Firebrace were the players picked out.

I think it's great that there are 5-6 teams in the mix. To earlier point re coaching - good coaching makes a big difference but player confidence and team roles make the biggest difference at this age.

Seemed Abers set their game plan up to stop Browning and it worked for 3 qtrs. However, when moved down back in the last qtr, set up a lot of Craigieburns drive fwd. Led to believe he is a backman anyway but currently leads the goalkicking as swinging onballer/fwd!

Seemed Abers set their game plan up to stop Browning and it worked for 3 qtrs. However, when moved down back in the last qtr, set up a lot of Craigieburns drive fwd. Led to believe he is a backman anyway but currently leads the goalkicking as swinging onballer/fwd!
Not sure any team at this level would set up to stop one player - pretty sure Abers wouldn't be betting that was a winning strategy.
Craigeburn have a few handy players who got them over the line - an earlier poster got it pretty spot on.
Goes to show it isn't a 3 horse race - on their day any of Keilor hillside Abers strathmore or craigeburn can get the win.
Some sides however do seem to have it over others for whatever reason - Abers go well against hillside but Keilor have their measure - hillside get Keilor most times etc etc

Very, very quiet in here!!

Watched Keilor v Strathmore at weekend and thought Mores were deserved winners. Jury and Callendar were standouts for me. Interesting to see how Keilor will go as not only have they lost Curtis and Steff to Vic Metro but have lost the coach too. Looked bery ordinary without key players and coach.

Also looks like it could be a shootout between Constantinou and Evans with Browning on Vic Metro duties.

Any news on how EDFL boys went at Vic Metro game?

Watched Keilor v Strathmore at weekend and thought Mores were deserved winners. Jury and Callendar were standouts for me. Interesting to see how Keilor will go as not only have they lost Curtis and Steff to Vic Metro but have lost the coach too. Looked bery ordinary without key players and coach.

Keilor coach gone??

Also looks like it could be a shootout between Constantinou and Evans with Browning on Vic Metro duties.

Any news on how EDFL boys went at Vic Metro game?
Know of West, Bytel, Browning and Taylor from Cannons that have made it to group of 33 for Vic metro.

Yes Fastandloose you are spot on, I also went and had a look at Keilor v Strathmore on the weekend and I agree, Strathmore were very good and keilor were very ordinary, in fact that was as bad as i have seen from a Keilor side over the years but bear in mind i dont see them regularly
I last saw them in round 3 when they played Abers and i thought they were terrific, really well drilled and well coached, however they looked clueless on Sunday
At the end of the game i asked a couple of Keilor parents if their was an issue and apparently 4 of their top 5 players were out, so that wouldnt help, Vic metro, Injury and 1 reported I think, they also mentioned they had lost their Coach! but apparently it was only for the day?
All that aside Strathmore were terrific Cavallaro, Johnson and Callander were standouts Constantinou was good with 5 goals
Will be interesting to see how far Strathmore can go and whether or not Keilor can recover?

I wasn't at Vic metro game, so don't know how it went. When are next metro games played?

Results as expected yesterday which makes Keilor v Abers interesting next round. Didn't see any games yesterday but will be going to Keilor v Abers game. Any reports from yesterdays games?

Heard today that Abers assistant coach (16s player last year) has had major brain surgery last week. Best wishes to him and his family as he recovers.

I wasn't at Vic metro game, so don't know how it went. When are next metro games played?

Results as expected yesterday which makes Keilor v Abers interesting next round. Didn't see any games yesterday but will be going to Keilor v Abers game. Any reports from yesterdays games?

Heard today that Abers assistant coach (16s player last year) has had major brain surgery last week. Best wishes to him and his family as he recovers.
This week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LoL

The kid is an absolute jet.
A bit harsh in an earlier thread calling Tye the Coaches pet, The Coach is his father, and Tye is the best player in the side by a street and then some!
Id be surprised if Browning was to play this week, he wont need to as they will account for Greenvale without him, will probably save himself for Vic Metro

Interesting round this week
Hillside v Strathmore, The Mores think they are a real chance to knock off the Sharks? should be a good contest up at Sharks park
Abers V Keilor should also be a good match, Abers will fancy their chances as they should be at full strength whereas Keilor will be without their 2 Vic Metro boys Taylor and Radanovic

So what was the wrap from the Keilor V Abers games Fast?
I hear Abers looked home but the usual comfort zone set in. Hearn allowed to do as he liked I'm told.

Strathmore definitely the biggest improvers and could almost be flag favourites. Full marks to Maysey for his coaching style

Any chance Abers are stuffing up there chances by trying to get kids to play 7 games in both Div 1 & 2.

Looking at the fixture they are likely to finish 4th.

If that's the case, they will play Craigieburn last round then the following week in a knock out final.
Having looked at the list though. They have played more players in div1 than anyone else. Which supports your statement Grover.

If that's the case, they will play Craigieburn last round then the following week in a knock out final.
Having looked at the list though. They have played more players in div1 than anyone else. Which supports your statement Grover.
Terrific win today by Strathmore, surely they are the flag favourites, anyone got an update on this game, also interested to hear about the Keilo v Abers game looks ok it was a good one as well
Why don't Abers ever list the Best players on the website, what are they trying to hide?

So what was the wrap from the Keilor V Abers games Fast?
I hear Abers looked home but the usual comfort zone set in. Hearn allowed to do as he liked I'm told.

Strathmore definitely the biggest improvers and could almost be flag favourites. Full marks to Maysey for his coaching style
Abers were poor first 2 qtrs and 2nd to every contest, then turned up for 3rd qtr and pretty even last qtr. Don't think Abers were in front until last qtr? End to end stuff and probably 3-4 quality players in each team made this a better game than it would have been otherwise. Keilor much better marshalled and prepared than Abers today. Heard club people from both sides say they had players missing. Interesting for me was a Keilor u18 player umpiring this game. He was pretty annonymous in first 2 qtrs, then became very prominent in last 2 qtrs with some very dubious calls. Surely there had to be a conflict of interest here and the edfl should have taken away any possibility of conspiracy theories by allocating umpire another game?

Said it a couple of weeks ago that Strathmore were building. Not a pretty game plan but obviously effective. Bottom age players really playing well. I saw that West was named today. Did he play?

Any chance Abers are stuffing up there chances by trying to get kids to play 7 games in both Div 1 & 2.

Looking at the fixture they are likely to finish 4th.
That's the mail i have that players are confused by positional changes and nervous they'll be dropped for any mistakes. We have to remember, they play for sheep stations at this age!!!

Abers were poor first 2 qtrs and 2nd to every contest, then turned up for 3rd qtr and pretty even last qtr. Don't think Abers were in front until last qtr? End to end stuff and probably 3-4 quality players in each team made this a better game than it would have been otherwise. Keilor much better marshalled and prepared than Abers today. Heard club people from both sides say they had players missing. Interesting for me was a Keilor u18 player umpiring this game. He was pretty annonymous in first 2 qtrs, then became very prominent in last 2 qtrs with some very dubious calls. Surely there had to be a conflict of interest here and the edfl should have taken away any possibility of conspiracy theories by allocating umpire another game?

Said it a couple of weeks ago that Strathmore were building. Not a pretty game plan but obviously effective. Bottom age players really playing well. I saw that West was named today. Did he play?
At the game today and young West did not get stripped to play. Stayed on sidelines in hoodie and shorts. Hope Strathmore do the right thing and take his name off the team sheet as clearly did take no part in the game. Hillside looked very flat and couldn't play any worse yet still only go down by 7pts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back