EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bash be happy with the victory. Every week you criticise the umpires and it’s getting boring. It would appear your side is undisciplined if they don’t shut up and learn from mistakes. Why isn’t the leaders pulling the players up would be my question?

Why would APW players talk to you about umpiring? What role are you doing you told us you don’t get to every game so why would players talk to opposing supporters about umpiring..

Watch the footage turbo, won’t be on here much longer to debate it once you have.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Setting aside some of the carry on, the run into finals will be interesting, arguably moreso than the finals themselves as on exposed form it appears that Keilor has one hand on the cup.
Did anyone get out to Raeburn or Canning Reserve today?

Surley East Keilors committee would look at sacking the new coach after today’s performances, last time they played Airport West they had a 100 point win

Yeah, guess having 10 starters out from todays line up plus 2 more down at half time won’t make a difference.

You know the “sacked coach” you mention.
Just got them over the line against Douttas and Marby right. Both are lower then APW.

Setting aside some of the carry on, the run into finals will be interesting, arguably moreso than the finals themselves as on exposed form it appears that Keilor has one hand on the cup.
Yep went down for the second half of canning reserve because marby were being smashed. Heard from some others there they were 5 goals up and then avondale had a cracker of a second half. Douttas couldn’t get a sniff of it. Massive win , they fought hard for till the end

Will be the worst finals in a long time.

Keilor by 15 goals in the prelim and 10 goals in the granny. Almost irrelevant who finishes 2nd-4th in my opinion Lol

Yeah, guess having 10 starters out from todays line up plus 2 more down at half time won’t make a difference.

Just got them over the line against Douttas and Marby right. Both are lower then APW.

And here comes the apologist.... thought you weren't coming back here. Ever thought most teams have injuries and they just deal with them instead of making excuses every week

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watch the footage turbo, won’t be on here much longer to debate it once you have.

I don’t need to watch it as you said 4 x 50mt penalties. Surely you pull up after the first 50. That undisciplined in any way you look at it. Did you get the players off the ground to set an example? That’s what I would look for if any club wants to improve. Or you are just encouraging it.
Look forward to your response!

Keilor by 15 goals in the prelim and 10 goals in the granny. Almost irrelevant who finishes 2nd-4th in my opinion Lol

Yeah not sure you really get it. Finals at Windy Hill in better conditions. Yes they are red hot favourites but if you can get a good start against keilor it’s a different ball game.
Looks like it might be
Keilor
Pacco
EK
Greenvale

EK timed it well to get rid of Rocky after clearances close. Rocky apparently already received a few calls about next year from 2 premier clubs and a couple from div1. Could he pop up at Marby??

Yeah not sure you really get it. Finals at Windy Hill in better conditions. Yes they are red hot favourites but if you can get a good start against keilor it’s a different ball game.
Looks like it might be
Keilor
Pacco
EK
Greenvale

EK timed it well to get rid of Rocky after clearances close. Rocky apparently already received a few calls about next year from 2 premier clubs and a couple from div1. Could he pop up at Marby??

Nah mate, I’ve seen keilor play live 3 times this year, they are a different beast this year. Something has to drastically go wrong for them to lose.

Genuine question, what do you mean ? coaches are affected by clearances closing ?

And here comes the apologist.... thought you weren't coming back here. Ever thought most teams have injuries and they just deal with them instead of making excuses every week

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When I get perma banned from Aucklander tonight it’s the last u will hear from me don’t worry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah mate, I’ve seen keilor play live 3 times this year, they are a different beast this year. Something has to drastically go wrong for them to lose.

Genuine question, what do you mean ? coaches are affected by clearances closing ?

If Coaches get flicked prior to clearances then some players move. History & statistics will tell you that some players won’t be happy the coach goes.
Also some clubs might vigorously chase that coach to make a move knowing players will move with him.

I know you will deny it and say every player would stay on with the incoming coach but it’s fact players move. And I’m not referring to just EK.
When EK recruited Bongo some recruits came purely because he was at EK. Once again I expect you will deny but it’s true. Bash it’s not all about “you know who”

You always have an excuse for something, just goes to show that the club has no depth, look at the ressies and 18’s results today

If Coaches get flicked prior to clearances then some players move. History & statistics will tell you that some players won’t be happy the coach goes.
Also some clubs might vigorously chase that coach to make a move knowing players will move with him.

I know you will deny it and say every player would stay on with the incoming coach but it’s fact players move. And I’m not referring to just EK.
When EK recruited Bongo some recruits came purely because he was at EK. Once again I expect you will deny but it’s true. Bash it’s not all about “you know who”

Ahh thought your comment was referring to coaches.

Funny you say that, bongo only brought one player with him, was a reserves player. Guess what none left to join him when he left either lol. So no… players didn’t come because he was there, he was playing at the club the year before mate lol. Recruitment wasn’t his strong point I guess.

Bad example You used there I would say lol

Strong sample size now, here is my list of the ranking of teams, thoughts?
Keilor
Pv
Strathmore
Greenvale
Abets
Ek
Apw
Avondale
DS
Mp

Ahh thought your comment was referring to coaches.

Funny you say that, bongo only brought one player with him, was a reserves player. Guess what none left to join him when he left either lol. So no… players didn’t come because he was there, he was playing at the club the year before mate lol. Recruitment wasn’t his strong point I guess.

Bad example You used there I would say lol

I disagree. Was he involved in interviewing new players? Did some stay on because he was coach? I believe Scanlon originally came through his connections with Bongo. I know he moved on but he wasn’t recruited as a reserves player.
Anyway I know you were going to defend your bestie. I was telling it how it is.

Was Rocky involved in any interviews? Well I would hope so. Players sign on once they meet the coach otherwise if they are only meeting the pres then they are coming purely for the offer. That’s not great nor the players you can build around.

Anyway this is a dead conversation.

Can this poster iansmith expect someone to go to lengths to find his identity? 😜

I disagree. Was he involved in interviewing new players? Did some stay on because he was coach? I believe Scanlon originally came through his connections with Bongo. I know he moved on but he wasn’t recruited as a reserves player.
Anyway I know you were going to defend your bestie. I was telling it how it is.

Was Rocky involved in any interviews? Well I would hope so. Players sign on once they meet the coach otherwise if they are only meeting the pres then they are coming purely for the offer. That’s not great nor the players you can build around.

Anyway this is a dead conversation.

Can this poster iansmith expect someone to go to lengths to find his identity?

Turbo…. Scanlon left to play supers after 6 games the year before bongo even became coach. Stop talking like you have any idea about EK.

Goodnight mate

Keilor played with only 36 points on the weekend as well. Impressive, shows stability!!

Admittedly it’s a bad look at EK right now but I think the reaction is a bit extreme.

Clearly they have a trend of upsetting opposition clubs recently but only ppl inside the club know the facts, they will be judged on results in the next 18 months.

The reaction is disproportionate to the decision IMO even with a strong amount of empathy for the outgoing coach.

Looks like it might be
Keilor
Pacco
EK
Greenvale

Keilor have a fantastic list and one built from within. I agree with Turbo that anything can happen come finals… that’s the nature of finals. I also think that Keilor are miles ahead of the pack currently and have built their list off a strong junior program.

Great to see Lucca Grego play seniors this weekend for Keilor - Vic Metro U/18s and only a bottom ager.

Some other youngsters that will return or might play seniors for them -

Keighton Matofai-Forbes - coming off a hammy.
Darcy Weeks - ongoing concussion issues. Could return late.
Massimo Raso - been playing as a mid at Jets, got BOG for Keilor 18s on the weekend - would predict at some point he gets a look.

Is it just me but does it seem a bit cringe to sing the song with the team every win if your the president then yesterday as the co coach/president/under 16 coach. Can understand a big win or against the odds but not every win, don’t see other presidents singing the song every win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back