EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depth, or lack thereof could prove to be a real achilles heel for Pacco. Reserves beaten by 33 goals today and 22 goals last week. Once the seniors start getting a few injuries they may find it hard to maintain their promising start to the season.

On that basis I think I’ll reserve my opinion on their GF prospects for now.
They still have 5-6 senior players out including Ahern.
Keilor reserves always strong along with Abers. Having said this reserves footy is probably the worse standard it’s been for a long time. It’s absolutely horrible footy. Covid, $$ offered in lower division footy, thirds footy and to a point the increase in supers has attributed to the decline. Just saying..

Don’t count your chickens before they’ve hatched. Big mistake to pencil sides out. There’s a lot of kids there eager to prove a point and to also improve their game under a very experienced coach.

Welcome back, mate. Great result.

Keilor reserves always strong along with Abers. Having said this reserves footy is probably the worse standard it’s been for a long time. It’s absolutely horrible footy. Covid, $$ offered in lower division footy, thirds footy and to a point the increase in supers has attributed to the decline. Just saying..
Ok, I accept that Pascoe Vale have got players to come back. But 2 thumpings in the 2’s by that magnitude would be a huge concern. Seconds have got a percentage of 9.

A real shining light for Pacco is the performance of the 18.5’s. They’ve beaten both Abers and Keilor. That’s a great effort, and augurs well for the future of the club.

Last edited:
Ok, I accept that they’ve got players to come back. But 2 thumpings in the 2’s by that magnitude would be a huge concern. Seconds have got a percentage of 9!

A real shining light for Pacco is the performance of the 18.5’s. They’ve beaten both Abers and Keilor. That’s a great effort, and augurs well for the future of the club.
Hey Stax, I wouldn’t spend 5min watching reserves footy unless a family member or friend is playing. It’s absolutely atrocious standard.

Coming from QLD can’t believe that the Keilor vs Pacco wasn’t match of round on live stream?

Understand you need to share games around but giving Div 1 air time over Premier Division seems a backwards step for promoting standard of League I would have thought.

I would say watching The game both sides would beat best QAFL side in Brisbane easily by 8-10 goals in my modest opinion.

Is there anywhere in the revamped results section of the EDFL website which shows player points? Looked everywhere, but not obvious.

Nah, it has been removed on every single football league website, no way of viewing it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah, it has been removed on every single football league website, no way of viewing it

As previously mentioned by Gremlin, they no longer show outcome of Tribunal hearings on EDFL website. What’s next to be left off, clearances? Already in many country leagues Clearances are not publicised on their websites or on Play HQ. Bloody ridiculous!

As previously mentioned by Gremlin, they no longer show outcome of Tribunal hearings on EDFL website. What’s next to be left off, clearances? Already in many country leagues Clearances are not publicised on their websites or on Play HQ. Bloody ridiculous!
It's on PlayHQ for the country comps.
Seems to be a pick your poison scenario, we can see points but not clearances & vice versa.
I understand teething issues with new platforms but jeez, this has been poorly done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t rate strathmore reserves?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh yeah I do. It’s the 3 clubs in premier that have had huge junior numbers over the years that have good reserves numbers. Otherwise clubs struggling and standard is dismal at best. It’s a shame but reality.
Turbo, it’s “reserves” football what do you expect the standard to be like? Easy for you to come online potting blokes for having a crack, give it a rest.

Turbo, it’s “reserves” football what do you expect the standard to be like? Easy for you to come online potting blokes for having a crack, give it a rest.
Where did I pot blokes for playing reserves as you so pointed out. Just said the competition has dropped away and the standard is very ordinary. Some sides struggling to get a full side up each week.

I love the EDFL but this season is going to be a snore-fest for both Premier and Div 1.
Keilor, PV, Strathmore, Abers clear top 4 then about a 5-6 goal gap to Greenvale, Marby, AH & EK and another 5 goal gap to AW and Douttas.

In D1, Deer Park will win the flag but at least the relegation battle will be exciting.

Huge error not putting DP straight into Peemier. Would have made Premier a talking point and made D1 very open.

I love the EDFL but this season is going to be a snore-fest for both Premier and Div 1.
Keilor, PV, Strathmore, Abers clear top 4 then about a 5-6 goal gap to Greenvale, Marby, AH & EK and another 5 goal gap to AW and Douttas.

In D1, Deer Park will win the flag but at least the relegation battle will be exciting.

Huge error not putting DP straight into Peemier. Would have made Premier a talking point and made D1 very open.

Wouldn’t ride off west coburg in div 1 to early.

Think a top 5 in premier is a easy solution to making the season last longer for some teams. Why the league hasn’t changed to this already is beyond me. Nuffies running the comp.

Can’t just let a team come straight into top division. Should have made them play with less points or added points to players named in team of the year best and fairest winners etc to ensure they weren’t able to field an a grade list in b grade or just left them and stalbans in the WRFL where they belong

Can’t just let a team come straight into top division. Should have made them play with less points or added points to players named in team of the year best and fairest winners etc to ensure they weren’t able to field an a grade list in b grade or just left them and stalbans in the WRFL where they belong
Quinton narkle will probably debut for east keilor next week as Essendon vfl side has a bye . They also will get Austin Harris back from Essendon vfl duties aswell

Quinton narkle will probably debut for east keilor next week as Essendon vfl side has a bye . They also will get Austin Harris back from Essendon vfl duties aswell
It will be interesting to see if Narkle plays though. His being talked about as a mid season pick up and that being the case I doubt he would risk playing local footy. Only reason he would play for he if he needed the $$. Also EK play APW away so do they really need him? Why would you upset team harmony and pay the extra $$ when you will probably win anyway.

It will be interesting to see if Narkle plays though. His being talked about as a mid season pick up and that being the case I doubt he would risk playing local footy. Only reason he would play for he if he needed the $$. Also EK play APW away so do they really need him? Why would you upset team harmony and pay the extra $$ when you will probably win anyway.

Will be interesting to see if he gets picked up mid season, I hope he does. Definitely good enough to be on an AFL list, I’m shocked Geelong dropped him to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back