Umpiring Easter Monday 2024 Cats v Hawks Umpire Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is not fair on the other 3 umpires to hang them as a collective. In a willing game its been allright for the most part

It's just number 32. Mollinson. He LOVES a free against hawthorn inside oppo 50. Almost every controversial one has been that nipsy.

I watch him every time we get him in the hope that he will be a bit more balanced and every time he let's me down.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Is not fair on the other 3 umpires to hang them as a collective. In a willing game its been allright for the most part

It's just number 32. Mollinson. He LOVES a free against hawthorn inside oppo 50. Almost every controversial one has been that nipsy.

I watch him every time we get him in the hope that he will be a bit more balanced and every time he let's me down.

You’re not really asserting that an Umpire is match fixing, are you?

Better yet, strictly against Hawthorn?

Is Goldspink in the family tree.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Umps letting contact below the knees go now.
Umps don't understand the below knee contact rule and why it brought in .... the Geelong free (which ended up as adavntage) the Hawks player dove forward and tapped the ball forward... he was the only player playing the ball and the Geelong player came in from the side and slightly behind and fell and kneed into the Hawks players back ... clear free to Hawks player but given a free to Geeelong for taking the legs .... then the last one in the center where the Geelong player slid into the Hawks player front on and took out his legs was assessed as play on

You’re not really asserting that an Umpire is match fixing, are you?

Better yet, strictly against Hawthorn?
No. I'm asserting that he is a *en idiot!

I'm right. He was the umpire who paid the triple goal against Sicily against the dogs a few years ago and I've watched him closely in hawks games since

I don't scrutinise him in non Hawks games, no. I've not got that much spare time!

One way to help dissolve the allegations of ump corruption, is to open up monitoring of the ump communications again.

A few years ago, you could monitor the communications using SportsEars (or a scanner on 70.2Mhz by memory), but the AFL chose to go to a closed system.

Not the best for transparency considering there is gambling involved.

Cats got another free for taking the legs when the Hawks player was clearly playing the ball and Cats player came in from the side and completely kneed the Hawks player in the back .... umps just don't get the rule and why it was brought in to stop players sliding INTO legs

It was a clear free to the Hawks player 15m out
And the taking the legs minutes before that when Zuthrie was clearly playing the ball

No. I'm asserting that he is a *en idiot!

I'm right. He was the umpire who paid the triple goal against Sicily against the dogs a few years ago and I've watched him closely in hawks games since

I don't scrutinise him in non Hawks games, no. I've not got that much spare time!

Triple goal? Hahaha, I can’t remember that, you have a link?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umps stepped up when the game was in the balance.

Watch us get a few late cheapies to even it up.
They actually need to pay kicks to Geelong to even the count.

Who here is good enough to rise above the relentless umpire whinging?
Just test yourselves … you can do it if you try …
No. That's what these threads are for...

Venting about umpiring and an hour after the game, forgetting that the thread existed.

Watch the game champ not the umpires.

If Umps were gonna rig a result for gambling, they'd bet on something exotic like first goal scorer or something and then give that player a free when the ball goes inside 50.

Trying to rig the entire result is way too hard and obvious and doesn't payoff like a high odd exotic bet, which is easier to 10 times easier to manipulate

If Umps were gonna rig a result for gambling, they'd bet on something exotic like first goal scorer or something and then give that player a free when the ball goes inside 50.

Trying to rig the entire result is way too hard and obvious and doesn't payoff like a high odd exotic bet, which is easier to 10 times easier to manipulate

They can rig certain things to get the exotics though. Eg. People will put money on ginnivan to kick a few, so they may not pay obvious frees to help out the bookies.

By contrast, if organised crime is putting money on players to kick a bag, they can easily start paying frees that aren't there

Yet we hate Mollison just as much.

28 frees against and he gave 24 of them.
Has been on the list ever since.

The Ruck infringement that was not called that resulted in a Hawks first goal is a big miss.
Just went back and looked at it. Arguably a push in the back but if they paid that Hawkins and Walker would be giving away free kicks in nearly every ruck contest they compete. Lewis got back to the ball and got a hand to it so it can't be a blocking free

Remove this Banner Ad

Back