Roast Dwayne-Pipe Russell

Remove this Banner Ad

5 years yesterday in fact (no card, no cake). :(

Go on then, whinge and moan, you seem to forget we are hated most when we are successful. It's just a sign that our resurgence is almost complete.

fat+woamn+eating+cake.jpg

Still want a cake.

Personally, can't see a resemblance between resurgence and exasperation at Dwayne-Pipe Russell, but each to their own

I noticed that. When Garlett was fighting for a ball that would've normally been a ball up he kept it alive, spun out of the pack and had a shot he missed but Dwayne said he's selfish and that was stupid play what a ********.

Yep, we really shouldn't be truly happy until every caller spoofs all over the mic anytime a Carlton player touches the ball. Make it happen someone.

We should be truly happy when we premiership
We should be very happy when we win a final
We shall be happy when we beat a very good side
We should expect to smash Port Adelaide!

However, whilst all these things are occurring, it would be nice for it to be done with a guy calling it in an unbiased, exciting manner (for the record, the guy who spoofs over Carlton players (not literally i hope) is Robert Walls ... who i can't stand as a commentator)

Run along now, old man :p I would underestimate you, but you people caught the cat burglar

We should be truly happy when we premiership
We should be very happy when we win a final
We shall be happy when we beat a very good side
We should expect to smash Port Adelaide!

However, whilst all these things are occurring, it would be nice for it to be done with a guy calling it in an unbiased, exciting manner (for the record, the guy who spoofs over Carlton players (not literally i hope) is Robert Walls ... who i can't stand as a commentator)

Run along now, old man :p I would underestimate you, but you people caught the cat burglar

Anyone you actually approve of? Just so I can alert the media.

What about the deliberate out of bounds when a few of our players put their hands up for it and he was telling them off for not running hard enough for it.

Gerard Healys "Johnno are you sensing something" statement was also very annoying...

What about the deliberate out of bounds when a few of our players put their hands up for it and he was telling them off for not running hard enough for it.

Gerard Healys "Johnno are you sensing something" statement was also very annoying...

Think you'll be okay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True.

BUT - the commentary was atrocious, first time I've noticed it quite that bad.

I was watching with a mate over a few jugs of beer and noticed how they didn't seem to be saying anything slightly related to the game bar '[Insert team who is in front] are looking good at the moment.'

Easily the worst moment came when they referred to a fortunate. unflashy Port goal as 'poetry.'

Never complain about commentary - expect for Dwayne. If there's a more smug commentator, I've yet to see one. Condescending to anyone who's not one of his favourites.

Would be understandable if he had been a half decent player himself.

Case in point: Setanta has footy, kicks it straight to Hampson who picks it up on the half volley. Good pass.

Dwayne Russell's interpretation: Setanta kicks the ball, I'm not sure who he's kicking it do (despite it travelling straight to Hampson), Hampson will do.

Really? How about some credit for a well executed pass instead of making it appear fortuitous that Hampson was there to mop it up? :confused:

Good commentators give you an accurate account of what's happening, Dwayne Russell warps the truth to how he wants you to see it.

I did notice Russel's biased commentary, it was quite obvious. One thing you'll come to expect though is no matter how good you are, you'll always have some commentators drool over your opposition, i distinctly remember against melbourne last year on Ch 7 it was unbearable, i ended up muting it and putting on the radio.

Nevertheless you had a good win, well done

Ugh...

Watching the replay now and was reminded of this thread.

Edit : Yarran sells a dummy to Robbie Gray, burns him off over 20 metres and nails a 40 metre pass - I'm happy again.

I did notice Russel's biased commentary, it was quite obvious. One thing you'll come to expect though is no matter how good you are, you'll always have some commentators drool over your opposition, i distinctly remember against melbourne last year on Ch 7 it was unbearable, i ended up muting it and putting on the radio.

Nevertheless you had a good win, well done

Cheers.
Hopefully there won't be much bias when we beat you in the grand final this year :p.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back