Draft Pick 20: Hayden Crozier

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: FFC Welcomes Pick 20

but you could get players like goodes, j brown, bartel, ablett jr and who ever else who plays well and isn't a d*ckhead. having the policy might preclude you from some talent, but thankfully talent isn't limited to dipshits.

Well, if you were going on character, you wouldn't get players like Steve Johnson or Dane Swan.

True but you may equally get yourself a Judd or Selwood.

The fact we appear to weight character is a good thing.

Look at Newcastle United, threw out their main knobhead player and the team is in the top 4 after being amongst the favourites to be bottom 4.

I'd take a chance on a meataxe but his skill level would have to exceed his bad points on a ratio of 2 to 1.

All things being equal skills and mindset are good core strengths to look for in a recruit.

For top 10 picks, sure. But at some point talent matters, and good clubs can back themselves in to turn troublesome young men into passably decent adults.

Don't disagree.

For top 10 picks, sure. But at some point talent matters, and good clubs can back themselves in to turn troublesome young men into passably decent adults.

Don't disagree.

I'll go further than that and say that I agree 100%.

Although I'm happy to back the club in ATM on matters like this, I am disappointed that we didn't feel we could have taken an 'errant' teenage Darling or Kersten under our wing and develop them into oustanding young men as well as just outstanding footballers.

Oh well, maybe the simple fact is that we just didn't rate them as 'best available' at our pick. And we'll only find that out in the distant future.

The problem with the errant home grown teenagers, is that you are keeping them where they caused the trouble in the first place, therefore much harder. If you take them away from them bad circles of people they hang out with, then you've got a better chance.

Oh and we definitely didn't rate them as best available, otherwise we would have picked them. We've picked knobs before like Palmer and Hinkley, as well as Walters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seppo, was that you that has already gone ahead and created a Hayden Crozier fan club page on facebook. I assume the Fyfe page is yours..

Nah that ain't me. I tend to avoid Facebook these days unless it's to view the Freo page for Photos and articles, can't stand the 12 year olds.

Haven't you heard?
Bigfooty is the new Facebook
Purple is the new black
And the Bird is the Word

Nah that ain't me. I tend to avoid Facebook these days unless it's to view the Freo page for Photos and articles, can't stand the 12 year olds.

Haven't you heard?
Bigfooty is the new Facebook
Purple is the new black
And the Bird is the Word

The bird is the what?

I hadn't heard that?

Not sure if anyone is watching Cricket Superstar on fox, but seems Haydens brother Mason is on it, and in the final 15. Good genetics in the family. Very similar looking. Good for a watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back