Draft Pick 20: Hayden Crozier

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: FFC Welcomes Pick 20

I'm pretty stoked with this pick. I don't see how you can have too many of this type. He looks pretty versatile

He'll be good to watch, but I just struggle to see the need for more players like him.
Yeah I struggle to see the need for classy midfielders too. We should only need 5 in a team, thats it. Fill the rest of the 22 with average footballers, that will win us heaps of games.

needs more crozier info, i for one am massively excited about this boy! clay, why must you always derail threads? regardless of whether you make good points or not (i agree with some of your posts, disagree with others), i didnt come in this thread to hear you critisise our drafting... thats what i opened the draft thread for

Great pick, along with Ellis to Richmond this is one of my favourite picks from the draft.

One day you'll have Hill, Fyfe, Morabito and Crozier running around in the same midfield which will be like watching the Harlem Globetrotters.
Cheers for that. I too think that Crozier is a good get.

Someone on the drafts board saying Croziers brother is 194 cm, Crozier probibly being one of the younger players drafted, perhaps could grow a bit more himself (9cm is perhaps a stretch) to a more acceptable height for this board. With his leap would make him dangerous forward with a bit of weight on him.

Is his weight considered very light even for a kid? 68kg at 185cm to me seems to be battling.

Yeah, Physically and athletically he is pretty much a Stephen Hill clone. Same height, weight and draft camp results. I did read that Crozier got sick during the year and lost a couple of Kg's because of his illness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good one, Brades. Two. We're really replacing those imminent retirements.

I guess you must be looking forward to getting Zac Dawson :)

We haven't missed too many bigs that have become effective though have we?

Aside from Darling, name me 3 other bigs we should of taken?

You know he'll do it..

I'd be genuinely interested.

I would love some tall timber as much as the next supporter, I however look through the past drafts and wonder where all these gems that we missed out on are?

Pitt Darling aside, as I think you might need to give Pitt a couple of years before making a call.

Done the usual bigfooty research on this guy and to be honest quite happy with the pick. Club's dont win premireships making safe draft picks , Hawthorn with Buddy and to a lesser extend West Coast with NickNat highlight this, flip side is you have Fiora for Richmond.

I realize these gambles sometimes don't come off, but I think Fyfe has given us some confidence with these types.

We haven't missed too many bigs that have become effective though have we?

Aside from Darling, name me 3 other bigs we should of taken?

Kersten? Oh wait, we don't like his 'attitude', something reigning premiers Geelong didn't seem to mind.

Other options:

Hurley instead of Hill
Butcher instead of Morabito.

I mean, you can argue Hill and Morabito have shown more so far, but when we have situations of putting Grover on the opposition's second tall, or bringing in a seriously unfit Faulks to play Collingwood - or having Mayne as our full forward - it says there's something seriously wrong with our key position depth.

Kersten? Oh wait, we don't like his 'attitude', something reigning premiers Geelong didn't seem to mind.

Other options:

Hurley instead of Hill
Butcher instead of Morabito.

I mean, you can argue Hill and Morabito have shown more so far, but when we have situations of putting Grover on the opposition's second tall, or bringing in a seriously unfit Faulks to play Collingwood - or having Mayne as our full forward - it says there's something seriously wrong with our key position depth.

I would be waiting to see Kersten play at a higher level than colts footy before jumping the gun

Are you honestly trying to say that we should have overlooked Hill or Morabito?

I would be waiting to see Kersten play at a higher level than colts footy before jumping the gun

Are you honestly trying to say that we should have overlooked Hill or Morabito?

I'm saying that at some point our drafting strategy should have looked at filling important positions with promising talls. Any time. We've had five goes at it. A future AA quality tall would have been great. Most good clubs can get one after five attempts.

My fav's heading into the draft were Sumner, Crozier and Buntine.

Crozier is basically a love child of Fyfe/Hill. Great speed, great leap, good goal sense and has great tricks. Lightly framed, good height and immense potential, it's basically a prerequisite for Fremantle these days. Very Astute pick.

I'm liking the fact we picked Forster who is SA's version of Buntine. Sheridan and his mate Lachie Neale will be great additions to the team. Alway's makes transition easier if your good mate comes across with you.

Overall very happy with the draft.

I'm saying that at some point our drafting strategy should have looked at filling important positions with promising talls. Any time. We've had five goes at it. A future AA quality tall would have been great. Most good clubs can get one after five attempts.

So Kersten is a future AA forward?
Glad you can see into the future claytradamus.
So along with Kersten, which other KP's in this draft are future AA's?

My fav's heading into the draft were Sumner, Crozier and Buntine.

Crozier is basically a love child of Fyfe/Hill. Great speed, great leap, good goal sense and has great tricks. Lightly framed, good height and immense potential, it's basically a prerequisite for Fremantle these days. Very Astute pick.

I'm liking the fact we picked Forster who is SA's version of Buntine. Sheridan and his mate Lachie Neale will be great additions to the team. Alway's makes transition easier if your good mate comes across with you.

Overall very happy with the draft.

It's Forster and Neale I thought

Remove this Banner Ad

Back