Remove this Banner Ad

Re: FFC Welcomes Pick 20

From the AFL Draft Day site:

• Former club:Eastern Ranges/Rowville
  • DOB:24/12/1993
  • Height:185cm
  • Weight:68kg
  • Position:Forward
A stand out at the NAB AFL Draft Combine, recording the second best result in the running vertical jump test at 91cm. He also managed fine results in the 20m sprint (2.89 seconds), and in the agility run (8.08 seconds – top six). He represented Vic Metro at the NAB AFL U18 Championships, playing in all five games. He can take a great mark, which was highlighted at Patterson

Hayden Crozier Position: Medium Forward Height: 185cm Weight: 68kg DOB: 24/12/93 Club: Rowville FC/Eastern Ranges AFL Profile: Hayden Crozier was a standout at the NAB AFL Draft Combine, recording the second best result in the running vertical jump test at 91 centimetres. He also received top results in the 20 metre sprint (2.89 seconds), and in the agility run (8.08 seconds – top six). He represented Vic Metro at the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships playing in all five games. He can take a great mark, which was highlighted at Patterson Stadium when he took a spectacular mark against Western Australia. Crozier kicked a total of eight goals during the five games that he played in the championships. He is very well balanced and a beautiful kick of the footy on his preferred left side. He averaged 18.7 disposals for the Ranges this year at 67.4 efficiency. X-factor: “Has outstanding speed, vertical leap and goal sense.” Q&A with Hayden Crozier: How would your coaches and teammates describe you? My coaches would say I’m very coachable. I respect them and am willing to learn. My teammates would say I’m respectful towards them and I’m a hard worker on and off the field. What parts of your game would you like to improve? My body size needs some work on as I’m not the biggest guy going around. Why do you want to be a professional AFL footballer? It’s a career that sets you up for life with all the friends that you make. Plus winning a Premiership looks like the best feeling in the world. Who influenced you growing up? Certainly my parents have been the biggest influence. They were in the street every night kicking the footy with me.

Hayden Crozier Position: Medium Forward
Height: 185cm
Weight: 68kg
DOB: 24/12/93
Club: Rowville FC/Eastern Ranges
AFL Profile: Hayden Crozier was a standout at the NAB AFL Draft Combine, recording the second best result in the running vertical jump test at 91 centimetres. He also received top results in the 20 metre sprint (2.89 seconds), and in the agility run (8.08 seconds – top six). He represented Vic Metro at the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships playing in all five games. He can take a great mark, which was highlighted at Patterson Stadium when he took a spectacular mark against Western Australia. Crozier kicked a total of eight goals during the five games that he played in the championships. He is very well balanced and a beautiful kick of the footy on his preferred left side. He averaged 18.7 disposals for the Ranges this year at 67.4 efficiency.
X-factor: “Has outstanding speed, vertical leap and goal sense.”
Q&A with Hayden Crozier: How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
My coaches would say I’m very coachable. I respect them and am willing to learn. My teammates would say I’m respectful towards them and I’m a hard worker on and off the field.
What parts of your game would you like to improve?
My body size needs some work on as I’m not the biggest guy going around.
Why do you want to be a professional AFL footballer?
It’s a career that sets you up for life with all the friends that you make. Plus winning a Premiership looks like the best feeling in the world.
Who influenced you growing up? Certainly my parents have been the biggest influence. They were in the street every night kicking the footy with me.
Edited that one for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks very impressive based on that highlight reel. We needed some more speed and he certainly delivers (first clip is reminiscent of Mora, Hill).

Be interested in what the experts think on his chances of playing next year.

Name: Hayden Crozier
Position: Forward/Midfielder
Age (by draft day): 17
Height: 184cm
Weight: 68kg

Quick Notes on Hayden Crozier
Good long kick
Agile
Can take a mark
Can also take mark of the year
Likely top 10 draft pick
Smart footballer
Left footer
Consistency, size and endurance an issue at the moment.

Hayden Crozier in detail
Hayden Crozier is a long kicking utility who has already made a mark on the general football public with one of the best marks of 2011.

Crozier is rated as a top 10 draft pick, largely because he is one of the most creative forwards in this years draft. Crozier has a knack for finding the goals or creating play most wouldn’t even see unfolding and when all else fails he pulls of the exceptional like his now notorious mark. (See below)

Despite all the hype for Crozier there are a couple areas of his game that can be improved. He tends to float into and out of games, needs to put on a bit of weight and I, like many others would like to see him improve his motor so he can spend more time on the ball. The fact he has some obvious areas to work on and is still rated as a top 10 pick is a bonus in my mind, as we know he can improve all those areas and take his game to another level.

from the Knightmare mock draft...

#14 GWS - Hayden Crozier (VIC – Fwd/Mid)
Height: 184cm, Weight: 68kg, DOB: 24/12/1993
Recruited from: Eastern Ranges
Style: Dale Thomas
Player comparison:
Range: 5-35
Profile: Still inconsistent and doesn’t impact games as consistently as you would want, but none the less a special talent who can do the team lifting things whether it be taking a specie or kicking a team lifting goal. Already famous for his sensational specie he took during the champs. Absolute highlight machine who can do the special and make it look easy. Still light but has standout speed and really has that young Dale Thomas feel to his play with that tremendous upside. Skill level very high and has a nice long left foot kick. Has great goal sense. Needs to work on endurance, but with work that should come and with it should come consistency. Will also need to add weight, but still very young so that also should come. Really vocal player. Will be one of the youngest players drafted this year and will likely has a fair bit of growth left.
Why:

Can't wait to watch this guy play. Gonna be like watching Kenny Hunter all over again. And this kid is a great kick as well. Oh joy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back