Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Sorry if in the wrong section.

For decades we've heard stories of a 7-8 foot creature called 'bigfoot'.
Does 'it' really exist?
Thousands of people have claimed to see 'it', but we are still yet to see any solid photographic or video evidence. I still believe that it's highly probable that Bigfoot exists, since new species are discovered everyday!

Thoughts??

Of all the new species discovered every day, I wonder when the last one that was over 6 foot tall was found

Of all the new species discovered every day, I wonder when the last one that was over 6 foot tall was found

Yeah good point, if bigfoot really exists, it wouldn't be that hard to find, right? There is more 'solid' evidence that UFO's exist than bigfoot.

Maybe once upon a time. Although we still do find new discoveries.

Sorry if in the wrong section.

For decades we've heard stories of a 7-8 foot creature called 'bigfoot'.
Does 'it' really exist?
Thousands of people have claimed to see 'it', but we are still yet to see any solid photographic or video evidence. I still believe that it's highly probable that Bigfoot exists, since new species are discovered everyday!

Thoughts??

No chance. At all. Completely a cultural phenomenon, entirely made up and fraudulent.

We have an excellent fossil record in North America dating back at least 40 million years. In all of the lower 48 states, plus Canada and Mexico. There are no primate fossils after about 30 million years ago. None.

The biggest reason is population genetics. There can't be just one; there has to be at least hundreds or more likely thousands. If there were thousands of 6-7 foot tall hairy bipedal primates wandering around they would leave EVIDENCE. As in bones, hair, skulls. There has never been anything found. Nothing.

If you feel the need to see how it was created, look up the famous "Patteron/Gimlin" film from 1967, then read the William Roe sighting from ten years or so earlier. Basically Roger Patterson made his film specifically to copy a story he personally knew about. It all grew from there.

Sounds cool, but unfortunately is just made up.

On a related note;

http://news.nationalgeographic.com....ble-snowman-bigfoot-polar-bear-cryptozoology/

Bryan Sykes, a respected geneticist at Oxford University in the U.K., this week reported the findings of a yearlong project that aimed to rigorously test hair and tissue samples that were claimed to have belonged to the elusive creature.

"I put out a call for Yeti, Bigfoot, and Sasquatch hairs in 2012, and I received a good response from all over the world," Sykes told NBC News.

One of the most promising samples that Sykes received included hairs attributed to a Yeti mummy in the northern Indian region of Ladakh; the hairs were purportedly collected by a French mountaineer who was shown the corpse 40 years ago. Another sample was a single hair that was found about a decade ago in Bhutan, some 800 miles (1,290 kilometers) away from Ladakh.

According to Sykes, the DNA from these two samples matched the genetic signature of a polar bear jawbone that was found in the Norwegian Arctic in 2004. Scientists say the jawbone could be up to 120,000 years old...

Still Alive?

Sykes said the fact that the hair samples were found so far apart, and relatively recently, suggests the species that the hairs came from may still be alive.

"I can't imagine we managed to get samples from the only two 'snow bears' in the Himalayas," he told the Associated Press.

Sykes speculated that the creature could be a new bear species, or perhaps a hybrid of polar bears and brown bears.

"The next thing is go there and find one..."

With the Yeti, bigfoot and the Aussie Yowie anything's possible, I reckon. It would be cool if previously-thought-extinct creatures were found out there, even if as in this case they turned out to be bears rather than primates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More the point is that persons have removed themselves from society and crafted a living in the wilds, growing hair and beards long, bigfoot is less an animal more a disaffected human, hence why there are no fossilised remains, they're one of us.

I see the magic in fairy tales.

lots of kiddies would get lost exploring the forrest, quite a dangerous place actually, with wolves and bears and s**t. We know that telling kids not to do s**t, achieves nothing so we have to approach their saftey from other directions. Best direction is having them scared shitless.

I think this flick captures that psychology perfectly.

I will never forgive that tv show which co-oped the term yowie.

It was our own strange myth, it had a duck bill, backwards feet, talon like extremities instead of hands, long as * arms and it's face was covered by a long matt of hair. They also lived in and around billabongs. And stood taller than a man.

I truly bemoan their association with bigfoot.

Original.jpg

Back