Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

If the bottom is in then the only way is up mate.

Consider seeing a counselor or therapist along the way.
I’ve felt way worse but an issue arose the other week the opened my eyes that I needed extra help and that hoping things would get better wasn’t working. Organising a different psychologist now to right my wrongs

On my end, still struggling, both physically and mentally.

I have spent the last couple of afternoons curled up in a ball in bed. It’s not sustainable. Getting more bad news just then just broke me but I’m trying to pick myself up.

Fortunately my WA longtime GP had a cancellation so have an appointment tonight.

i hear you mate, hope the doc goes well

be kind to yourself if there's nobody else that can

you are not alone in fact all the best ppl are depressed

I have spent the last couple of afternoons curled up in a ball in bed. It’s not sustainable. Getting more bad news just then just broke me but I’m trying to pick myself up.

Fortunately my WA longtime GP had a cancellation so have an appointment tonight.

It's a tough time of year, and hits many to various extents.

I've been having extreme anxiety over the past month or so. Typically, I deal with OCD that leads to depressive episodes. From my experience, anxiety is a different beast. Had to cancel an overseas trip so I could see a psychiatrist and seek a comfortable balance of medication. Never have I felt so weak and hopeless.

Best of luck tonight, don't hesitate to let us know how it goes. And please be kind to yourself in the meantime :)

My anxiety, which ive been able to control for the last 3-4 years, has gone through the roof lately as well. Slowly bringing it back under control but once it gets off the leash it's hard work.

It's a tough time of year, and hits many to various extents.

I've been having extreme anxiety over the past month or so. Typically, I deal with OCD that leads to depressive episodes. From my experience, anxiety is a different beast. Had to cancel an overseas trip so I could see a psychiatrist and seek a comfortable balance of medication. Never have I felt so weak and hopeless.

Best of luck tonight, don't hesitate to let us know how it goes. And please be kind to yourself in the meantime :)
I'm sorry to hear about your extreme anxiety, and the cancelled trip for the sake of your health
I hope you feel better soon and can find that elusive balance

It is indeed a tough time of year though undefined :(
I just haven't had the physical or mental energy to put up the tree, something I usually love
And I get this sense of loneliness and despair
Maybe this is what it feels like to be a grinch, as someone who has generally always liked Christmas

I've been fortunate to work from home the last couple of days (in an industry where that is generally not an option)
I have spent the last few afternoons curled up in a ball
I don't know how tomorrow is going to go

On a happier note though, the GP appointment actually went better than expected, thanks for asking
I didn't realise it at the time but what I wanted was a vent, some validation, and also some additional management options
I also have a referral ready for when I move so at least it feels like I have a plan B , rather than simply trying to push through until the move

I’ve felt way worse but an issue arose the other week the opened my eyes that I needed extra help and that hoping things would get better wasn’t working. Organising a different psychologist now to right my wrongs

Look after yourself.MP

Happy Dog GIF

How's everyone doing today? It's bloody hot up here in Queensland!
I really hope you can keep cool, and that you're doing better than when you last spoke

Thanks for asking. In truth, surprisingly ok. I got more bad news this morning (2 hours ago) but either it's still sinking in and I'm back in the denial stage, or I suddenly feel more equipped to handle it (due to a combination of both online and offline distractions and good old practice). The strain of having to pretend is gone too. It now comes naturally.

I do have tomorrow and the weekend off to recharge, and hopefully, stay well.

Next week will be the bigger challenge ahead I think

I really hope you can keep cool, and that you're doing better than when you last spoke

Thanks for asking. In truth, surprisingly ok. I got more bad news this morning (2 hours ago) but either it's still sinking in and I'm back in the denial stage, or I suddenly feel more equipped to handle it (due to a combination of both online and offline distractions and good old practice). The strain of having to pretend is gone too. It now comes naturally.

I do have tomorrow and the weekend off to recharge, and hopefully, stay well.

Next week will be the bigger challenge ahead I think
I'm trying my best, thanks. Living by the coast, the ocean breeze alleviates the humidity over summer, but in Brisbane today so am really feeling it. Aircon is a life saver though. Health is okay - taking it day by day.

Good to hear you're doing ok today. I really hope it continues despite any emotional whiplash. A long weekend off will help - make sure to be easy on yourself. With next week, there's probably no point worrying about it yet; just like driving a car, we can't fixate too much on the horizon, nor the rear-view. Easier said than done, of course 😅.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking week this week with anxiety at an all time high. Over the hump and things should get easier from today

Shocking week this week with anxiety at an all time high. Over the hump and things should get easier from today
So sorry to hear this, mate. I can imagine it'd be very exhausting for you. Do you have any outlets that can help keep your anxiety in check? & is the anxiety about something in particular or more generalised?

Up and down. Bipolar as hell. But the ups are great
That sucks. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. From my experience with mood swings (not quite bipolar), the ups though great become increasingly difficult to buy into over time as you realise the impending downturn. Are you seeking treatment for the instability?

Someone can hide it well .

Look after yourself.
Bigfooty is my happy place, don’t feel judged here so can act more like the real me. I’m on here to escape life.

So sorry to hear this, mate. I can imagine it'd be very exhausting for you. Do you have any outlets that can help keep your anxiety in check? & is the anxiety about something in particular or more generalised?

Yeah its all good now, just a highly stressful week at work plus a stack of kids things and having to be around my ex wife lol.

Yeah its all good now, just a highly stressful week at work plus a stack of kids things and having to be around my ex wife lol.

Great to hear. What are you getting up to this weekend?

Just another week of pretending to everyone I’m normal but inside I’m dead.

I understand. You're as strong as a ******* ox for putting on a brave face. How are you feeling today?

That sucks. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. From my experience with mood swings (not quite bipolar), the ups though great become increasingly difficult to buy into over time as you realise the impending downturn. Are you seeking treatment for the instability?
Nah i don't need treatment, much easier, cheaper and more socially acceptable to inflict it onto everyone else around me. It's not a foolproof plan but it mostly works out. Mostly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back