Review Dees v the Aints - the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Was funny watching the replay of the Zak Jones incident, clear dive by Oliver. Ump said to Jones youre reported then you see Jones say something along the lines of "good one you got me reported you dog" to Oliver.

Never in a million years did I think anything would come of it, Jones would be absolutely filthy about the fine I reckon. :tearsofjoy:

Was funny watching the replay of the Zak Jones incident, clear dive by Oliver. Ump said to Jones youre reported then you see Jones say something along the lines of "good one you got me reported you dog" to Oliver.

Never in a million years did I think anything would come of it, Jones would be absolutely filthy about the fine I reckon. :tearsofjoy:
The funnier part was May clipped Jones way harder but because it didn't 'look' as bad the AFL didn't feel the need to fine it.

The funnier part was May clipped Jones way harder but because it didn't 'look' as bad the AFL didn't feel the need to fine it.

Twas a lovely intentional air swing with the punch and follow thru with the elbow to the back of the head.

Last edited:
I've heard this a few times but Ross Lyon repeated it last night that the Saints won the second half against us by two goals.

Because apparently the second half starts halfway through the second quarter.

Media seems desperate for us to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It also seems to be missed that we are happy to lose the last quarter one goal to nil as long as we win.
We try to limit teams to under 60. For all of Stkildas comeback they still struggled to score against us.
I've never seen so much made of teams having short bursts of acendency in games they were never really looking like winning. Every week it's like the team we played missed an opportunity to beat us just because we didn't play four quarters of unchecked dominance, even though that almost never happens except against bottom 2 sides.

It's really bizarre isn't it?

I think the media is just clamouring for any other narrative than the one that is staring them in the face: we're just too good.

We're a small supporter base that had our breakthrough flag last year, story after story about us being too good just doesn't sell.

I think the media is just clamouring for any other narrative than the one that is staring them in the face: we're just too good.

We're a small supporter base that had our breakthrough flag last year, story after story about us being too good just doesn't sell.
I do enjoy the segments where analysts try to come up with strategies to beat us. But when it doesn't work just admit it. Even the Hawks game we got a 6 goal lead before putting the cue in the rack and ran out the game with tempo footy.

One of the clear patterns from our footy in 2022 is how happy we are to shut the game down in the last after building a buffer.

Note to all of the paid footy analysts out there - it doesn't mean the other team is 'brave' or 'on the right track' if they win the last quarter by a goal or two

Bingo. Sell hope to opposition teams supporters and the rest of the comp that their season is still alive after another side is brushed aside. Hawthorn was the funny one. 3 last qtr goals when the game was done, 10 points was flattering.

Surprised there hasn’t been more talk about the Lions and the Dees, but maybe that’ll come closer to our match up. The gap has closed between the two sides I reckon.

$2.30 to win the flag currently, reckon that would be one of the shortest prices a team has been at this stage of the year in a while.

Hear other teams supporters say "if Trac, Oliver or Gawn went down things will change quick" ... dont think it will make much of a difference at all unless we lost all three, even then id still give us a chance, individual brilliance and scoring power isn't what makes us so good, its our ability to defend as a team.

Imagine how mad everyone would be if we won a flag with starting centre square as: Majak Daw, Jack Viney, James Harmes and Tom Sparrow

I've heard this a few times but Ross Lyon repeated it last night that the Saints won the second half against us by two goals.

Because apparently the second half starts halfway through the second quarter.

Media seems desperate for us to lose.

Lyon genuinely hates us. Didn’t tip us at all last year, this year he’s tipped the dogs/port/saints against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back