Review Dees v Lions: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

The Barbary lions of North Africa were exterminated by the Romans who fed them into the amphitheatres of the Empire. Tonight, the Red and Blue Empire will be fed to the latter-day lions of the Gabba. We are not what we once were. BL by 8 points,

Yeah, we're still in this up to our eyeballs.

As for Zorko, enjoy never playing in a grand final you absolute flog. Imagine being so bereft of leadership options that that monumental deadshit is your pick for captain.

Yeah, we're still in this up to our eyeballs.

As for Zorko, enjoy never playing in a grand final you absolute flog. Imagine being so bereft of leadership options that that monumental deadshit is your pick for captain.
Pleb of a human. Embarrassing for any footy club to have him as captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Winning particularly on a Friday night and now not worrying about other results, don't give a **** about Sydney.
Locking in top 4.
After starting 10-0 going 6-6 not ideal but we found a way to win the last 2. 17-1-4 last year compared to 16-6 this year. Not too different and this win gives me some really great confidence going into finals. The main thing is finishing in the 4 which we did.

Just on the zorko thing, Birchall who must be Brisbane’s runner went straight to zorko after the game and had a conversation with him. Not hard to figure out that’s probably telling him to pull his head in and try and mend it.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF
jack nicholson GIF
im horny jack nicholson GIF
jack mental hospital GIF

I love Trent Rivers.

Three huge things for me from tonight which has me thinking we can win it:

1. Our aggression. All across the park. Physical and mental pressure was immense.

2. Our dare. We played with more dare and aggression with our ball movement all game. Nothing over the top, just 10-15% more than we have most of our season.

3. Our defence was bask to its best. Every member of the back 6/7 was super. It'll be so interesting to see what happens at selection when Salem is passed fit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Zorko stuff kinda overshadowing this win, what a campaigner, reflects their club, Bereft of leaders.

What a massive win, we were on from the bounce, some of our best ball movement of the season, defence choked them, and we took our chances.

Huge win, we’re genuinely back on, am confident against the Swans wherever we play them, bring it on.

Ugly: Dayne Zorko, Joe Daniher, Eric Hipwood.

Bowey was really good I feel. Very hard for Salem to slot back in when Bowey was more dangerous.

Attack and pressure was fantastic. But the change in ball movement was incredible. So much space in the F50, looked unreal.

Not tons of difference out of D50 but a few more great kicks to our wingers in space instead of automatic contests down the line. The balance was really good.

Brisbane are our bunnies so who knows but the signs are good. Couldn't put us in a better position for the weekend even if we land at 3rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back