Review Dees v Brad's Bombers: the Good, Bad & Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Lever been keeping that defence together and boy it fell apart without him in it.

I don't think there's a more vocal player on the team than Lever. It's no surprise our defense looks disorganised without him back there marshaling the troops and making sure everyone is positionally set. His importance to the team goes way beyond his intercept marking and reading of the play.

What worries me the most after today is our structure, it seems to have been completely picked apart by Brisbane and Essendon. I feel like our gameplan and structure has been worked out and Goody had no idea how to counter this either in game or on the track. Expect more teams to use similar tactics.

Why? He had been awful as the sub and was gifted a game coz of Goody's ulterior motive of helping his best buddy Jake to 100 games for the club.

2 goals doesnt mean s**t, thats like saying TMac should get a block coz he kicked 4 last week against West Coast. *em both off. Both of them are too slow and are terrible defensively. Its bloody pointless. Tell me Howes and Laurie couldn't play Melksham's role just as well if not better right now.
Tmac had the exact game last week to keep his spot nd do nothing a week later. So ******* annoying that conman is still being named.

I don't think there's a more vocal player on the team than Lever. It's no surprise our defense looks disorganised without him back there marshaling the troops and making sure everyone is positionally set. His importance to the team goes way beyond his intercept marking and reading of the play.
Should be captain in Gawns absence. We really lacked leaders tonight.

And stop being so ******* stubborn with your structure, its ******* amazing, we score the most goals we had in ages against the Swans, Goody says "that was fun" in his presser, then proceeds to put an end to that fun the next week by loyally standing by has-been's and his ideal forward structure.

What a dickhead.
Yeah. It’s almost time to bump the Sack Goodwin threads again tbh.

Playing guys like TMac, Brown, Tomo and Melksham wont get us anywhere. I dont get it, McVee and JVR have come into the side and are contributing more than a lot of senior players... Bring in Turner, bring in Howes, bring in Laurie. Thats how we get better.

Yep. Goody is so loyal to his older blokes but they consistently get shown up in our losses.

edit - can add Brayshaw to this too. heck me that contract is bad.

Can you imagine how much opposing team would score on rebounds from D50 if we have TMac, Brown, Melk and Gawn/Grundy down there at the same time. Its ******* ridiculous how slow the forward line is already.

Tmac wasn't terrible because he wasn't playing, but seriously I had forgotten he was out there until I saw him get tackled in the second quarter I think. The club were known as the invincible whites back in the early years, McDonald was the invisible white today.

Can you imagine how much opposing team would score on rebounds from D50 if we have TMac, Brown, Melk and Gawn down there at the same time. Its ******* ridiculous how slow the forward line is already.
Well I don’t think TMac and brown will play together anymore. JVR will stay. Brown in. Need a lot more from ANB and Fritsch defensively.

What worries me the most after today is our structure, it seems to have been completely picked apart by Brisbane and Essendon. I feel like our gameplan and structure has been worked out and Goody had no idea how to counter this either in game or on the track. Expect more teams to use similar tactics.
Honestly our defence is ****ed without interceptors. Petty has been crap all year and Tomlinson is cooked. May had a mare and no Lever or Gawn to float back. That's a recipe for disaster.

Lever and Gawn back in instantly makes our backline look ten times better.

People wanna say we were out coached without articulating why. The fact is the Bombers worked harder and ran harder all day so they outnumbered us and even their hack entries looked elite.

Biggest coaching issues are at selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I don’t think TMac and brown will play together anymore. JVR will stay. Brown in. Need a lot more from ANB and Fritsch defensively.

Goody was literally asked at his press conference if Brown, TMac and JVR could coexist in our F50 and he said "absolutely", all three were named this week

I think it’s time to move on from Melksham. He was ok today. And can play a role. But I think I’d put more games into JJ or give Laurie a run of games. Or Howes a game. I don’t mind Harmes up forward either.
Melksham will get those two more games to hit 100 with injuries or form lapses here and there.

I agree that Laurie needs to be given an extended opportunity now. He’s possibly the future. Melk definitely isn’t. With Spargo out for next week Laurie will almost certainly be in regardless of Melksham’s status anyway.

I reckon if Harmes played today he would’ve been in that group of disappointing players. It will be interesting to see what they do with Harmes tomorrow at Casey. Not much point playing he and Laurie as primary onballers if their next possible shot at AFL level will be as a forward.

Howes isn’t a forward. Wing or half back only and I’m not convinced he can actually defend yet.

Melksham will get those two more games to hit 100 with injuries or form lapses here and there.

I agree that Laurie needs to be given an extended opportunity now. He’s possibly the future. Melk definitely isn’t. With Spargo out for next week Laurie will almost certainly be in regardless of Melksham’s status anyway.

I reckon if Harmes played today he would’ve been in that group of disappointing players. It will be interesting to see what they do with Harmes tomorrow at Casey. Not much point playing he and Laurie as primary onballers if their next possible shot at AFL level will be as a forward.

Howes isn’t a forward. Wing or half back only and I’m not convinced he can actually defend yet.
Harmes is best tagging

I’d like to think they won’t play Brown and McDonald in the same forward line, but I think they will continue with it.

Playing guys like TMac, Brown, Tomo and Melksham wont get us anywhere. I dont get it, McVee and JVR have come into the side and are contributing more than a lot of senior players... Bring in Turner, bring in Howes, bring in Laurie. Thats how we get better.
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Melksham as the late in.

Bailey Laurie was BOG by a fair length last week with 35 disposals.

Melksham didn't even play VFL and was the carry over emergency in Perth.

Good to see form was rewarded in this one.

We haven’t been playing Howes forward. But he was recruited playing U18s as a forward. We absolutely won’t play him as a forward at this point you wouldn’t think. He won’t get a spot on a wing either. So I guess we probably not picking him just yet.

Unfortunately, I absolutely could believe my eyes when Melk was the late in.

To be fair he started quite wel…

Goody doesn't give a s**t about form. He picks his mates, and Melky is at the top of that list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back