Debt reduction scheme to be launched today

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Debt Demolition

I can't find the opt out button, so I suppose I'm opting in.
$25 a year, pffft.
I'll happily forego a dozen beers to support the club.

I can't find the opt out button, so I suppose I'm opting in.
$25 a year, pffft.
I'll happily forego a dozen beers to support the club.
Gee don't put it like that! :eek:

I ain't foregoing a dozen beers for anyone! I will forego a month of green vegetables instead :thumbsu:

Im sure all us BFers will chip in, most of us more than the $25, and so will most members.

But i think the problem will lie with the outer group of supporters, the guys who maybe buy a membership, come to a few games, watch a bit on telly, but are not diehard fans.
The challenge will be getting donations from this group, because lets be honest, we dont have 30 000 members who will pay the $25. At a guess id say at least 23 000 would, with maybe a grand or two putting in more, but thats it. A lot of our memberships come from people buying more than one as well.

The club should work out a strategy for targetting this group, or really try and win over some big businesses who could make up the deficit.

I re-joined today and tried to pay $50. I was told as a single all I could contribute was $25. The work around is that the club is going to call me back in a month's time to see if I want to donate extra. I cannot believe that we have a debt reduction project and we are rejecting donations! I have emailed the club but this must be fixed soon, we should not be knocking back money when people are armed and ready with their credit cards.

I re-joined today and tried to pay $50. I was told as a single all I could contribute was $25. The work around is that the club is going to call me back in a month's time to see if I want to donate extra. I cannot believe that we have a debt reduction project and we are rejecting donations! I have emailed the club but this must be fixed soon, we should not be knocking back money when people are armed and ready with their credit cards.

I agree. I jumped on your site just now to tip in $50 and I can't find any donate page.

BTW, why is the address still the kangaroos?

I was told the website is still a couple if weeks. I never bag my club on the field as I reckon we have the most committed squad going around. I also think or board is one of the hardest working around and seeing our publicity over the last couple of weeks I have felt really proud as a north member. But to not have a vehicle to collect extra donations or a specific website set up to coincide with launch of the 2012 membership drive/debt reduction is pretty poor IMO. If caro gets a hold of this you can only imagine what will go down. I have rung the club and emailed my concerns, hopefully Euge is also an IT whiz and he can get something together. I should also add the membership consultant and admin girl were both great, this is obv just an oversight.

I was told the website is still a couple if weeks. I never bag my club on the field as I reckon we have the most committed squad going around. I also think or board is one of the hardest working around and seeing our publicity over the last couple of weeks I have felt really proud as a north member. But to not have a vehicle to collect extra donations or a specific website set up to coincide with launch of the 2012 membership drive/debt reduction is pretty poor IMO. If caro gets a hold of this you can only imagine what will go down. I have rung the club and emailed my concerns, hopefully Euge is also an IT whiz and he can get something together. I should also add the membership consultant and admin girl were both great, this is obv just an oversight.

This.

I know of North supporters who will pay the one off $300 5 year GF entitlement plus the yearly $25, and would also like to make an additional one off debt reduction payment but your clubs website doesn't allow it!!!

This.

I know of North supporters who will pay the one off $300 5 year GF entitlement plus the yearly $25, and would also like to make an additional one off debt reduction payment but your clubs website doesn't allow it!!!

Came from the Club this morning 7 memberships in my houshold 4 in a Family so only needed to pay $50 but I have chosen to pay 25 on each member Baby Joey and all 7x25 29,993 to go:D . I want to pay so my kids can be as proud as I am to have North Melbourne bloodlines.

My call is to the club let us help more if we can we want the club let us keep it.

This.

Yeah, it is a bit annoying but you can cut a cheque to the North Melbourne Football Club and say its a donation for debt reduction and mail it to Euge, it will get to the right place.

Having a donation option on the website would be a nice option though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where the hell is the big " $$" to donate here for debt reduction on NMFC website.

This is a joke that you don't go to website and see this. I have had friends asking how they can donate ( who are members of other clubs) as they can't see anything....

People wanting to throw money at the club and can't after about to announce a 200k loss is mind boggling...

Someone at the club stop organising your christmas function and get this organised !!!!

Fwiw if the website don't have the feature then link it to an outside one that does. It took two minutes for me to donate to supergavs shave-a-thon last summer.

Wellsfan would do well to remember things like the thread his avatar came from and numerous YouTube clips that magically appear on the Internet to help promote our brand to wider audiences.

I haven't been to the dogs site, but it dawned on me to make a comparison with the thought being if they have one, why the he'll don't we, if they don't have one, maybe it's not possible with the shite features offered by the website.

They don't have anything on the main page (as far as I could see). YOu have to go through Events > Bulldoze The Debt (top menu) before you get anything.

This.

Fair call but JB made it clear the yearly $25 from the members was the initial stage of 12 month campaign and there will be dedicated website for donations later.

JB 08/11/2011:

"This is the first stage of our debt reduction strategy, as there will be a range of initiatives unveiled in the coming months including:
- A unique ‘Premiership Pledge’- giving members access to Grand Final tickets over a 5-year period should North Melbourne compete
- Marquee functions focussed on debt-reduction
- A debt-reduction themed game versus Fremantle in Round 22 to conclude our year long campaign."

"We will also unveil an extensive donation program with a dedicated website to ensure every member or supporter who contributes is thanked and recognised"

Fair call but JB made it clear the yearly $25 from the members was the initial stage of 12 month campaign and there will be dedicated website for donations later.

JB 08/11/2011:

"This is the first stage of our debt reduction strategy, as there will be a range of initiatives unveiled in the coming months including:
- A unique ‘Premiership Pledge’- giving members access to Grand Final tickets over a 5-year period should North Melbourne compete
- Marquee functions focussed on debt-reduction
- A debt-reduction themed game versus Fremantle in Round 22 to conclude our year long campaign."

"We will also unveil an extensive donation program with a dedicated website to ensure every member or supporter who contributes is thanked and recognised"
But I wanna rage at the lack of activity happening NOW FFS!!!!

Forget Caro, we have a certain bunch of supporters who are far more irrational and whiney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back