Multiplat Dead Island 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United

The Dead Island franchise, which promises so much but delivers so little, has announced it's third game in the series. Let's hope they've learnt from their mistakes and can expand on the promise shown by the first two games.

EDIT: It's being made by Yager, taking over from Techland.

Release in 2015 for XB1, PS4 and PC.

I actually liked the first one. Terribly flawed, but still fun with the borderlands colour-coded weapon rank style, and decent albeit repetitive melee combat. I might be swayed or biased because I do like the zombie genre but am looking forward to what this one has in store definitely :thumbsu:

media_large_1920x1080_SCRNSHT_04.jpg

media_large_1920x1080_SCRNSHT_02.jpg

No longer being made by Yager.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/dead-island-2-no-longer-being-developed-by-yager/1100-5240/

Guess this puts the project on hiatus now. Kinda wonder what was going wrong to stop Yager from making the game, budget or quality would be the first two things to think of.

Bit disappointing, but with how excellent Dying Light was, I'm not sure if I would've been up for something that could've gone backwards on the mechanics introduced by that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the preorders would need to be refunded yeah?
The game hasn't been cancelled, just that the developer is going to change. The game will still release.

Yep, Dying Light kinda crowded out the melee zombie game market. There will be a sequel for that and no need for any more Dead Islands.

Nothing like drop kicking a zombie off of a building.

But how did the zombie get on the roof? How!!!!

Don't have much hope this will be anywhere near what Dying Light 1 or 2 were.

Bit of a shame as the first Dead Island was amazing fun despite being a clunky, cringe inducing mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back