List Mgmt. Daniel McPherson - has departed NM. Thanks Dan.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if it's true Dan conducted most of the review we are now using to restructure the footy department we owe him a good reference.

It's not like he can step in to recruiting like Rawlings can, he was the best one to make way for Viney who is far more suited as Clarko's right hand man in the role of footy GM than as an assistant coach.

artworks-000216279670-myu1tz-t500x500.jpg

That didn’t take long to go pear-shaped… 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, that's probably my worst take ever. I still think the sentiment is right and that we're being run a lot more professionally, but we had the wrong people in almost every single role.

Honestly how do you know that? You're just speculating.

Didn't he actually conduct most of the review that we are now using to make all these changes?

Maybe the bloke was fine in really difficult circumstances but was the most suitable bloke to make way for the new structure with Clarko + Viney?

I wish him all the best.

I'm not blaming Dan, as the support system around him never gave him a chance to succeed. Given the inexperience of Amarfio, Rawlings, and Hood, we needed somebody more seasoned who could lead the way. In that sense, Dan was the wrong hire. I'm sure he'll be picked up quickly and have success at another club.

Also if I'm remembering right, the club announced that he would lead a review at the end of the year. I don't believe he ever conducted his own review or assisted Geoff Walsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we had too many inexperienced people in roles, Clarkson and now Viney, two quality operators. We just need to replace the remaining people with more quality operators who are experienced at the role they are performing.

Wonder if the recent staff departures are linked to Geoff Walsh's report ?

Definitely. Nothing other than restructuring as recommended by Walsh. The Other DMac’s found himself superfluous now given Viney’s taken over as GM of Football. Brady remaining to oversee the list development.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thought having Rocca as our midfield coach was a bit odd?

You maybe the only one who thought he was the midfield coach.... Russell is the mid coach I thought and rocca was the key position coach think he was only part time too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Correction to the title

Daniel McPherson - has departed NM. Thanks? Dan?
You're a club legend are you 'justroyal'?

Dan McPh left a good club to try and help you Shinboners. And this is how you repay him, by sniping at him on the way out?

Fortunately you have some sensible members like 'Mixed Results', who are prepared to take a balanced view.

Clarkson was always going to bring along Todd Viney as Football Manager. Dan McPh would have been in no doubt about this, but he chose to put the club first.

There's a way to go yet for your club.. but there is hope

Dan McPh left a good club to try and help you Shinboners. And this is how you repay him, by sniping at him on the way out?

Fortunately you have some sensible members like 'Mixed Results', who are prepared to take a balanced view.

Clarkson was always going to bring along Todd Viney as Football Manager. Dan McPh would have been in no doubt about this, but he chose to put the club first.

Respect that you look out for an old Swans boy.

I felt for McPherson, he features in the Clarkson welcome video and was hoping he would be part of the new landscape. Came across a calm, measured guy with a good football resume.

Unfortunately probably wrong place, wrong time but good luck to him in the future.

To be fair, I sniped at a lot of the Noble appointings. Paul Roos especially (I eagerly await for your comment about how Paul is working tirelessly hard trying to improve us and all the sacrifices he also made). This was more so positioned towards his short tenor. However, he was a Noble appointment which was also part of a decline in performance when compared to 2021 and 2022. So I don’t feel too bad about that comment.
Don’t worry, it equally goes for Heath Younie too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back