Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All you people talking about selling. Stop it already.

We still have bitcoin halving, ETH ETF and then retail to come foming in.

Either sit, wait and do nothing or accumulate some more (but time is running out).

Bitcoin within $700 of a new ATH and still a few weeks out from the halving... yeah, this year about to get CRAZY

Cos it tells you what has happened and nothing about what will happen. Yet your original post was trying to claim it would tell you something about what will happen. In that regard it was false information.

Go read the post again.

Then go look at your old posts in this thread where you keep claiming things are going to happen, when the opposite ends up happening.

Does depend also on your position on tax.

Some people are ok with losing a bunch to tax.

Others want to minimise the tax hit by holding it for at least the 12 months.
It's a bit different with a dca strategy though isn't it in terms of holding it for 12 months.

I've been buying in with a dca strategy for longer than 12 months but have continued to do so, so I'm guessing the discount only applies to the amount you have purchased prior to 5/3/2023?

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are there still people who think crypto is an investment???
It's pure speculation relying on greater fool theory for something that has no intrinsic value. Investing as a term should be nowhere near it.

In saying that I say well done to anyone that's able to trade it and make cash but putting anything with more than a relatively small % of their capital there is asking for big trouble. That of course also goes for anything speculative.

What's a good platform to buy Bitcoin with low fees for transferring? Coinspot is $50 to move to a personal wallet, heck that.

I got booted from my last platform for "suspicious transactions" lol.
I use Bitcoin to buy drugs but wouldn't mind saving some for a rainy day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pure speculation relying on greater fool theory for something that has no intrinsic value. Investing as a term should be nowhere near it.

In saying that I say well done to anyone that's able to trade it and make cash but putting anything with more than a relatively small % of their capital there is asking for big trouble. That of course also goes for anything speculative.
Maybe you should be giving some advice to Larry Fink, he seems to be using the wrong terminology to describe their ETF as an investment.

Cmon Kram, time to drop the spiel, it’s clearly been proven factually wrong.

Maybe you should be giving some advice to Larry Fink, he seems to be using the wrong terminology to describe their ETF as an investment.

Cmon Kram, time to drop the spiel, it’s clearly been proven factually wrong.

Stuff like Bitcoin is not investing, a terrible misuse of the term imo. It's pure speculation. And there is nothing wrong with that, I have easily made made most of my $ in 2 speculative asx positions.

But it needs to be described for what it is.

Stuff like Bitcoin is not investing, a terrible misuse of the term imo. It's pure speculation. And there is nothing wrong with that, I have easily made made most of my $ in 2 speculative asx positions.

But it needs to be described for what it is.
Ah huh, I’m quite confident that these guys are all investment funds, but could be my eyes deceiving me…

I declared in this thread immediately post the FTX crash that I was still a believer in crypto and the technology that underpins it, but I do find it hypocritical how many of you are now rubbing high prices in the faces of the skeptics, when you paid them out for doing exactly the same thing when prices were low. No side is any better than the other in that regard.

If you want to invest, speculate, participate etc in the space then go for it, if you don’t then don’t. But why tf we have to have this stupid “see told you so!!” back and forth whenever there’s a boom or bust is beyond me.

I declared in this thread immediately post the FTX crash that I was still a believer in crypto and the technology that underpins it, but I do find it hypocritical how many of you are now rubbing high prices in the faces of the skeptics, when you paid them out for doing exactly the same thing when prices were low. No side is any better than the other in that regard.

If you want to invest, speculate, participate etc in the space then go for it, if you don’t then don’t. But why tf we have to have this stupid “see told you so!!” back and forth whenever there’s a boom or bust is beyond me.
I haven't left the market since 2021. In fact, dedicated more time to it since then. I am not rubbing higher prices in the face of sceptics, just calling people out for complete bs.

I haven't left the market since 2021. In fact, dedicated more time to it since then. I am not rubbing higher prices in the face of sceptics, just calling people out for complete bs.
You’re fine BACCS, unless I’ve missed a post somewhere I don’t recall anything obnoxious from you. But crap from others saying have fun being poor or ridiculing the more risk averse by quoting the current record highs is no better than what the skeptics and no-coiners were doing when they dropped by in late 2022 to highlight the lows.

If those that believe in crypto want to be taken seriously, then we need to start having more mature discussions than just “have fun staying poor” or “TO THE MOON” or “look at the BTC price, wonder what all the skeptics are saying now!!!”

If those that believe in crypto want to be taken seriously, then we need to start having more mature discussions than just “have fun staying poor” or “TO THE MOON” or “look at the BTC price, wonder what all the skeptics are saying now!!!”

Crypto people would rather be left alone to do their own thing than be seeking validation from the people who slag it off all the time.

Crypto people that take the piss out of traditional market people do so because the traditional market people are hypocrites.

Same and also have continued to build and refine my strategies. If the fud posters have fled then will start looking here again.

The "everything is going zero rubbish" did my head in.

Been here since late 2017 oh crypto Jesus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back