List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t matter whether or not Cox is the least of it. If losing him is a loss then bringing in a player like Lobb isn’t.
Going back to my point I think we're in for some pain because replacing Sidebottom, Pendles, Mitchell, Cox and Mihocek over a short timeframe will be incredibly challenging. Adding to that point the experience, leadership, talent, nature of the playing positions and those players importance to the team will be hard to replace. I think it's realistic to expect a drop in performance from the side. Cherry picking and strawman arguments don't really address the point I was making.

An SA reporter called Michaelangelo, thinks he could end up at Collingwood..
It's standard SEN, conflating rumours into fact.
Rucci has been reporting footy for years.
It's still a possibility.
Maybe we can take him as a salary dump and get Bailey Smith for a second round pick as part of the package. ;)

If you look at how far he ran to take that mark in the last quarter, I think you could make a case for him becoming far more than a flanker.
He's still only 20.

Look I hope I'm wrong but I struggle to see it because of his stature. You have to be Neale good to do it on-ball at that size. Harrison has clear talent but not at that level imo. Maybe a wing.

I don't read everything on these boards, are people really thinking Sidey is done?

Geez it will make his redemption arc that much sweeter. He has gone through form trail off's before and hit back. He will be at his best towards the end of the year. Or he won't...

Complaining about the guy that kicked a 60 metre goal to give us the greatest win of our lifetime seems a little foolish.

I think Sidebottoms form has been okay. It's dropped off but he's still earning his spot and making an important contribution.

It's standard SEN, conflating rumours into fact.
Rucci has been reporting footy for years.
It's still a possibility.
Maybe we can take him as a salary dump and get Bailey Smith for a second round pick as part of the package. ;)
Hopefully we don't touch Lobb with a ten foot barge pole. Last thing we need is a soft, lazy, ball watching 32 year old.

As for Michaelangelo, he also works/writes for the Port Adelaide FC, so pfft to whatever he says about rumours regarding our club..😉

Hopefully we don't touch Lobb with a ten foot barge pole. Last thing we need is a soft, lazy, ball watching 32 year old.
I get where you're coming from.
Plus I couldn't figure out why the Doggies would want him given that they already have Naughton, JUH and Sam Darcy
He has kicked 60 goals in the last two seasons and he's 207cm tall.

I get where you're coming from.
Plus I couldn't figure out why the Doggies would want him given that they already have Naughton, JUH and Sam Darcy
He has kicked 60 goals in the last two seasons and he's 207cm tall.
Hopefully they keep their own mistake & not pass him onto us.

Now I like that little birdies tune. Really like Mitchell and he’d be a huge KPF addition for us. Pack crasher.
This bird told me all about the Fisher to North trade halfway through last year. He even got the contract details exactly right.
So, I’m hoping he’s singing the right tune again.

Hopefully they keep their own mistake & not pass him onto us.
Dolph Lobb looks good on paper:
207cm
105kgs
But he will be 32 early next year.
His goal tally has been all over the place, lots of years between 10-20, with a high of 36. I’m not really sold on anything about him.

I think Collingwood would do better going for a combo of younger rucks already showing something (eg Moyle and Teakle).

Callaghan playing himself into costing 2 first rounders 😮‍💨
if taking Lobb with Smith means we hold onto our F1, then you’ll do it every day of the week- especially given we have the cap space.

We’ll have 2025 and 2026 first rounders. And if plans of being able to trade multiple futures gets ticked off then we might be able to top up quickly on the run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bird told me all about the Fisher to North trade halfway through last year. He even got the contract details exactly right.
So, I’m hoping he’s singing the right tune again.
I would love Mitch Lewis but why would Hawthorn give up one of their best talents to us?

Outside of Lewis they have Chol (not great), Ramsden (midseason draft), DGB (probably get delisted), Gunston (at end of career), Calsher Dear (looked good on weekend but 18) as their key forwards.

IMO, Bailey smith is probably worth a top 10 pick. People underestimate how good he can be.

Smith >>>> schultz

Teams will be expecting us to be a top 4 side in 2025. That first round pick will probably be pick 15-20 after F/S & academy picks.
Coming off a down year and then an ACL he is absolutely not worth a top 10 pick. That’s bonkers.

Going back to my point I think we're in for some pain because replacing Sidebottom, Pendles, Mitchell, Cox and Mihocek over a short timeframe will be incredibly challenging. Adding to that point the experience, leadership, talent, nature of the playing positions and those players importance to the team will be hard to replace. I think it's realistic to expect a drop in performance from the side. Cherry picking and strawman arguments don't really address the point I was making.
I wasn’t addressing your point about our potential short term drop off I was addressing your point on Lobb.

I would love Mitch Lewis but why would Hawthorn give up one of their best talents to us?

Outside of Lewis they have Chol (not great), Ramsden (midseason draft), DGB (probably get delisted), Gunston (at end of career), Calsher Dear (looked good on weekend but 18) as their key forwards.

Lewis is injury prone. Pass.

Perhaps we could just merge with the Dogs . Call ourselves the Collingwood Magpies. Wear black and white and add half their team.
Very funny
We should have drafted Bernie quinlan from dogs in 1978 also .. we win 1979 80 81 flags with super boot and this year we would be going for sweet 20

As for Michaelangelo, he also works/writes for the Port Adelaide FC, so pfft to whatever he says about rumours regarding our club..😉
Agree about lobb
Flys occasionally
Gets his hands to a few
And hardly clunks any
And the hairstyle

Next year.

MID-SEASON PICK TRADES

TRADING mid-season draft picks appears on its way for next year even if the AFL doesn't introduce a mid-year player movement window in 2025.

Clubs have been surveyed recently on their appetite for being able to trade selections at the mid-season draft for future national draft picks.
Whilst time has run out for it to be added as a layer to the mid-season rookie draft later this month – although some clubs were open to it being a late addition – many list bosses see it as the simple next step in trading rules.

The rule would allow clubs to use their mid-season picks and end of year selections, as well as future draft picks, to make moves at the mid-season intake. Currently clubs are not allowed to trade rookie picks – either at the mid-season draft or end of year rookie draft.

For example, last year a club could have offered a 2023 or 2024 draft selection to West Coast in exchange for pick No.1 in the mid-season draft and taken Ryan Maric. Mid-season pick trading would also add another element to the mid-season draft if there are shallower pools of players available.

Clubs are unsure how the mid-season rookie draft would fit into a mid-season trade window and if there is a need for both.

The AFL is investigating whether to introduce a mid-season trade period for next year after having AFL Players' Association agreement to explore it, although non-Victorian clubs have long opposed the move with fears it would be advantageous to get players to move between Victorian clubs.

Because replacing Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe, Mihocek with Sullivan, Harrison, Eyre/Dean and McInnes won't get close to replacing the output. It's more than experience and leadership, there's a massive talent gap there too.
Like I said we are not replacing them at their athletic peak.
Are you really suggesting that HH can’t physically match it with Sidey?
Matching the output of the veterans will not be an issue.

If Hawks give Lewis up after 8 years of perseverance I’d be concerned that they’d finally decided his injury problems were unlikely to improve.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back