List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

New episode of Gettable they talked about the Academy/NGA review thats going on, and one ideal that has been floated is staggered approach.

Like if you sign kids up to your NGA at earlier ages, you can get access to them earlier.

Age 12 - From pick 1
From age 14 - pick 16
Age 16 - pick 20

One of the reasons they changed to after 40 for the NGA academies is that most of them aren't really academies - they're just names on a list with the club doing * all to develop the player or even encourage greater participation in the communities that are NGA relevant- that was and still is often left to underage pathways in the football states - with anyone who looks likely having their name put on a list and the occasional day at a club. This wouldn't really change that - it'd just mean that the name is put on the list earlier.

They basically need to get the matching right for the Northern Academies, but then the issue will become the northern academies hiding how good their brightest talents are. Those acadmies are going to be a boon for many years to come for the Northern clubs.

One of the reasons they changed to after 40 for the NGA academies is that most of them aren't really academies - they're just names on a list with the club doing * all to develop the player or even encourage greater participation in the communities that are NGA relevant- that was and still is often left to underage pathways in the football states - with anyone who looks likely having their name put on a list and the occasional day at a club. This wouldn't really change that - it'd just mean that the name is put on the list earlier.

They basically need to get the matching right for the Northern Academies, but then the issue will become the northern academies hiding how good their brightest talents are.
I think what Ive noticed for us, since they re-opened this program we have been putting a lot of time and resources into this academy.
They get about 20 sessions a year. The U15 NGA kids just completed in a championship weekend
They have a session a week during pre-season. We have U12's, U15's and then the 17 and 18 year olds.

Covid costs made putting resources into their academies tougher if they werent gonna get access to them.

Our program is a combined element with the Yarra Magpies via the YJFL, which then supply these kids to oakleigh.

1268488ff3016656966cd55d6de0ace3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It truly is a pox jersey.

Head out to a game. They’re … a cultural experience.

Every single time something happened the crowd reacted. Constant drums, trombones, etc. Flags were waving, chants going. Honestly, Hawthorn v North Melbourne would do well to invite them out for a game. Lots of booing, though and it’s not a great look for a school to jeer a kid lining up for goal, regardless of what colours he’s wearing.

Parents had many opinions about the game.

Reminds me of the US schools.

They were suggesting that, but it’s clear still being thrashed out.

With bidding being a thing now, I reckon the threshold for father/son should revert from 100 games back to 50.
Would actually help the newer clubs enter that area sooner and diminish the need for their academies.

I also think Father son should be available to any player who has won a flag at a club with no limit on how many games played.

For example.
Luke Ball has bemoaned the fact he is stuck on 99 games for pies and wanted his kids to be FS available to pies as he is pies premiership player.

I also think Father son should be available to any player who has won a flag at a club with no limit on how many games played.

For example.
Luke Ball has bemoaned the fact he is stuck on 99 games for pies and wanted his kids to be FS available to pies as he is pies premiership player.
99 games? ooft, how unlucky.

Probably the same said for Ed Allan, and how his dad played like 98 for hawks before going to freo

Probably the same said for Ed Allan, and how his dad played like 98 for hawks before going to freo

Pick him up in MSD, play him as a sub for the last five minutes against Richmond in round 20.

Was going to say round 24, then 23… etc. FMD our last month home and away is brutal.

For example.

Pick him up in MSD, play him as a sub for the last five minutes against Richmond in round 20.

Was going to say round 24, then 23… etc. FMD our last month home and away is brutal.
Luke Ball played 81 games for Collingwood, so I'm not sure where that one has come from!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These stats are prob skewed given the opposition and jets won by over 100 points.

3625c493daee5eda09dc81008be02688.jpg

Either way, it looks to be a close to, if not best on ground performance which is impressive for a bottom age regardless of the circumstances

Either way, it looks to be a close to, if not best on ground performance which is impressive for a bottom age regardless of the circumstances
Yeah, he was named 2nd BOG on playHQ after one of jets smalls kicked 6 goals.
But best bottom ager still only 16

His best game yet, his previous game he had 20 touches v Calder

These stats are prob skewed given the opposition and jets won by over 100 points.

3625c493daee5eda09dc81008be02688.jpg

Still Great Stats but need to see his Highlights on how he went

They dont do highlights, they do have the replay on the coates league app. No commentary though

I caught a couple of minutes just to see what he's like. Small, but not the kind of small that makes it too difficult to make AFL, and maybe has some growth still in him. Super hard runner and quick, good skills. I skipped around the video to different points in the game and saw him do a lot of clever things, although there wasn't much opposition pressure. Definitely worth keeping on eye on 👍

I caught a couple of minutes just to see what he's like. Small, but not the kind of small that makes it too difficult to make AFL, and maybe has some growth still in him. Super hard runner and quick, good skills. I skipped around the video to different points in the game and saw him do a lot of clever things, although there wasn't much opposition pressure. Definitely worth keeping on eye on 👍
Yeah, his coaches use the term a very clever player to describe him. High footy IQ
Still has to develop physically, and still only 16 so lots iof growth left in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back