Opinion Climate change

Remove this Banner Ad

Sitting on a bus yesterday and saw a poster urging people to take public transport to Coldplay's concerts at Optus Stadium - "Download the app and join the Coldplay Carbon Neutral Pledge - free travel included in the price of tickets!" I suspect there's more to the band's sustainability push than getting people to use public transport, but choosing Perth for their only Australian shows is only likely to get more people jumping on planes.

lol. Let's get an entire stadium concert set up and entourage to the most isolated city on the planet but get the punters to catch trains to the gig to maintain our eco cred.

What a ******* joke.

The Coldplay bloke is married to Gweneth Paltrow isn't he? She talks enough s**t to rip the ozone up in minutes. Not great for the environment.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The Coldplay bloke is married to Gweneth Paltrow isn't he? She talks enough s**t to rip the ozone up in minutes. Not great for the environment.

She gave him the arse or vice versa.

Ah, that clears it up then - it's 200 miles further to Sydney than Perth, and all 120,000 tickets to their shows have been sold to Perth locals...

Last edited:
A million trees to be tremoved, thanks to climate change :drunk:

At the same time i wonder how well they researched the project.
I've spoken to long term farmers in NSW, and was told that it's always pretty hit or miss for crops. 1 good crop in 4 or 5 years is often normal. Trees could be more problematic, when we had the real hot dry spell in Melbourne , probably a decade or more ago, we had 100 year old roadside oak trees dying.

Paris Hilton Thats Hot GIF

Its only climate change if you suffer a heatwave in the eastern states. Meanwhile in Adelaide, 3 days of constant rain, showers & thunderstorms and we already went sailing past our December rainfall average. Its supposed to be an El Nino FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Random storm starts bucketing down, thunder and lightning, very very frightening, etc.

I check the weather forecasts, all zero percent chance of rain, 0.0ml.

I feel weather forecasting, which has been a bit of educated guesswork and sorcery at the best of times, has never been more inaccurate.

Last edited:
Random storm starts bucketing down, thunder and lightning, very very frightening, etc.

I feel weather forecasting, which has been a bit of educated guesswork and sorcery at the best of times, has never been more inaccurate.

I checked the melbourne forcast last night and it was hot ( tick ) possible storms in the afternoon ( tick ).
Didn't say that the storm would be like something you'd see in Malaysia. ( Monsoon rain etc ).
In fact the first storm came, it bucketed down, but the ground was dry 20 minutes later.

We can all take action. At least sell your beach front property

My parents inherited a shack in a fishing hamlet in gippsland. When they renovated , the council made them build the new section a meter higher than the existing section.
Its had water under the house before, but the old section has never been inundated. YET.

Can't blame them really. Yesterday the town im in recorded 24mm of rain in 12 minutes. Big arse thunderstorm. The ground was dry at my place, only a few km from the weather station. Thunderstorms are unpredictable.

I'm almost as far south as Canberra and the amount of days this summer we're getting almost like wet tropics hot days then 3-4pm thunderstorms.

Shits all ****ed up

Geez we’re our own worst enemies. The world has seemingly little hope.
Bloody bitcoin.
One has to wonder how much Fossil Fuel has to do with its promulgation.

Lol, why does this nonsense exist. Shitcoin "mining" uses more power than most countries. And it's completely ******* useless other than making a few campaigners in the pyramid scheme rich.

It should be utterly worthless. It provides no utility except for criminals to launder money, and exists purely as an investment in nothing, while chewing up more power than the entire country of Argentina.

Humans are ******* dumb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back