Opinion Climate change

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean what right do we have to have a go at them when ours are way worse per capita? Ditto the states.

And that'd be a fair point from china.

The whole world needs to work together, but humans are campaignery.
We have the right, because Climate change is about actual CO2 emissions, not per capita. To get the maximum effect, obviously every country needs to do their part, but the reality is, it's up to the worlds biggest emitters (by amount, not per capita), to do the most or we're stuffed, regardless of what everyone else does. So that means the rest of the world holding them to account. As noted humans are campaigners, so that needs to be by hitting their wallets. Or even helping them shift to less dependance on fossil fuels.

Taking Australia, we could do more for Climate change, by massively upping mining of Uranium, then anything we do to reduce emissions here, so China and other countries deciding between Coal and Nuclear chose the latter, but good luck getting environmentalists arguing for that. Seeking 'perfect' solutions / ideology, is ******* things up from both the Left and Right.

We have the right, because Climate change is about actual CO2 emissions, not per capita. To get the maximum effect, obviously every country needs to do their part, but the reality is, it's up to the worlds biggest emitters (by amount, not per capita), to do the most or we're stuffed, regardless of what everyone else does. So that means the rest of the world holding them to account. As noted humans are campaigners, so that needs to be by hitting their wallets. Or even helping them shift to less dependance on fossil fuels.

Taking Australia, we could do more for Climate change, by massively upping mining of Uranium, then anything we do to reduce emissions here, so China and other countries deciding between Coal and Nuclear chose the latter, but good luck getting environmentalists arguing for that. Seeking 'perfect' solutions / ideology, is ******* things up from both the Left and Right.

The CO2 map of Europe highlights your opinion on Nuclear.

Other models, such as Scandinavia ( Hydro ), or South Australia ( Low population/very sunny Climate ) are not so easy to emulate.

How come China is far exceeding India, despite populations being similar?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

They are a lot more spread out.

That's part of the issue Australia has.

We have populations like Singapore, 5 million on an island, its pretty easy to be efficient , transport emissions are minimal, and agriculture and mining doesn't exist.
Per capita is worth looking at , but its not the be all and end all.

Well gentlemen, its been an honour and a privilege. I wonder what the next dominant species on this planet will be.

fly plotting GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe this was the plot to I, Robot

Isaac Asimov wrote the "Robot" books. His goal was to avoid the "Frankenstein" cliche. His Robots were hard wired with "must not harm a human or through inaction cause a human to be harmed ". Often the books were about human prejudices and preconceptions.
I Robot the movie would have had him rolling over in his grave. The actual story was garbage , the effects not so bad.
Millennial Man was a far better representation.

I was thinking bombs, but you're saying we should build more nuclear power stations?

I find that agreeable.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The atomic bomb is a weapon with unparalleled levels of destruction, so it’s no wonder that potential tourists to Hiroshima are worried about residual radiation. After all, we all learned in school that nuclear particles take years, if not centuries, to decay.

However, the particles used in the atomic bomb were different. As the city of Hiroshima’s website explains, the type of residual radiation from the bomb has a very quick half-life.

Most of it was emitted in the 24 hours after the blast and then dissipated. Today, the radiation levels in Hiroshima are the same as anywhere else on Earth. It’s comforting to know that you won’t need to worry about nuclear waste, but what about other potential dangers, such as crime or natural disasters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back