Teams Cincinnati Bengals - Who Dey

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe it, work expects me to work Monday whilst the game is on. assholes

Unless the company is yours you call in sick. *em mate, no company can fire you if you get a doctors cert on Sunday or Monday morning.

I couldn't, no one can cover for me.
I'm a machine.
I don't care about spoilers....movies or sport.

Well they obviously weren't paying you enough if youre irreplaceable. You guys listen far too much to that annoying little s**t called your conscience. No job is getting in the way of me watching my team play in a superbowl or grand final.

After getting a playoff win I was satisfied and felt like we were playing with house money after that we got a playoff W on the road and every game gets big quickly and the stakes become enormous. It’s been a fantastic ride and and enjoyable 2 weeks but with the game so close now I’m as nervous as hell.

Lombardi or bust imo. Not satisfying enough to get here and lose. You don't know when you might ever be back again.
Read the story today about Cris Collinsworth when he said no one remembers who lost the game and he’s worn his AFC Championship ring once.
Great to make but legendary to win it.

Read the story today about Cris Collinsworth when he said no one remembers who lost the game and he’s worn his AFC Championship ring once.
Great to make but legendary to win it.
Especially early in someone's career who is likely to turn out a top player and hypothetically should get more opportunities. Aaron Rodgers only went to 1, good he won it. Or better, Dan Marino, epic talent, first full season as starter lost the SB but thought he'd surely make it back again multiple times, at least one more time, a chance to get that ring, and never did. Burrow missed most of his rookie season, and his first full season made it, is epic too. He might think if he doesnt win it this time, no biggie, next time....he wants to go to 7 himself....but that is a rare outlier (brady). I dont think he takes it lightly at all, just saying he may not so he better win it. Same with Stafford....years never even made playoffs, fortunate to go to one with the Rams, but it may be his first and only chance too. You never know, after Mahomes quickly made two in a row, and couldve so easily been four in a row, he may never get a chance again tho it seems likely today he will surely see another SB.

Zac Taylor credits personal relationships that can’t be coached within the Bengals’ roster

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 11, 2022, 3:23 PM EST

Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow and wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase have a close friendship that has been much discussed, stemming from their time together at LSU. But coach Zac Taylor says the close relationships on the team go well beyond that.

Taylor was asked today about Burrow and Chase and said that what he has seen is the entire offense building a bond that he as a coach couldn’t build if he tried.
“That’s important,” Taylor said. “Great teams have that, not just on the field. It’s guys really enjoying spending time with each other. Not just those two, but really the whole core on offense, they like being together, going to dinner together, spending time in the hotel on the road together. That’s something as a coach you can’t push, you can’t manage, it’s just got to happen naturally, and fortunately we’ve got it.”

Taylor has to feel very good about the situation of his team, not just this year but for many years to come, with a core of young players who play well together.

Absolutely gutted. Oh well. Hopefully this is just the start of something.
Hopefully, I’m still a little worried about Burrows Knee after that hit.

I could see next year being a bit of a let down as well 8-10 win season wild card one and done type deal.

Hopefully Brown isn’t cheap and realizes he has struck gold and just needs an o-line.

He needs to realize winning makes teams money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully, I’m still a little worried about Burrows Knee after that hit.

I could see next year being a bit of a let down as well 8-10 win season wild card one and done type deal.

Hopefully Brown isn’t cheap and realizes he has struck gold and just needs an o-line.

He needs to realize winning makes teams money.

It’s his first playoff run as an owner and all that needs investment is the OL. Also he has invested in other areas over the last couple of years. Signs are good.

But I do agree that there will be a letdown next season, a tougher schedule and high expectations will be tough to overcome.

Any word on Burrow’s knee?

Interesting that the Bengals are 4th favorite to win next years Super bowl considering this was a Cinderella run.

Also interesting that 3 of the top 4 are AFC teams considering they will all have to beat each other and an NFC team just won this year.

Odds to win Super Bowl LVII:
Chiefs 13-2
Bills 7-1
Rams 10-1
Bengals 12-1
49ers 14-1
Packers 15-1
Cowboys 16-1
Buccaneers 18-1
Titans 20-1
Ravens 20-1
Broncos 22-1
Patriots 25-1
Cardinals 25-1
Colts 25-1
Chargers 25-1
Vikings 30-1
Saints 35-1
Seahawks 40-1
Browns 40-1
Eagles 40-1
Dolphins 40-1
Raiders 50-1
Falcons 60-1
Commanders 60-1
Steelers 60-1
Bears 80-1
Panthers 80-1
Giants 100-1
Jaguars 125-1
Lions 150-1
Texans 200-1
Jets 200-1

Not that it means a lot considering the Bengals odds coming into this season but still interesting.

Damn, I just watched it here O line cost the Superbowl, and the play calling in the 2nd half.

Bengals lost that more then Rams won it.

Plus the officiating. I'm still feeling like murdering someone about that flag on 3rd.

Thought the o-line did well overall. Came down to which QB could do… something (anything)... and Stafford had the goods at the end. Damn shame it ended like that. We should've won.. was an amazing postseason. unfortunately ended up just short again

Shattered. After the bomb to Tee and then the Stafford int it hurt just to take a field goal. Crappy call on Wilson on Kupp and it got a bit whistle happy at the end.
Just have to do the little things better. Int in the end zone and some idiot runs on the field and backs us up with a stupid penalty!

Need to beef up the oline in FA with at least 2 quality interior linemen. RG badly. We were mm’s away from another disaster with Joey B. Protect him.

Whilst it was gutting it was a hell of a ride from a franchise that looked dead in the water for years. Sadly my Collingwood, South Sydney GF results have now shown their faces to another of my sporting teams ☹️

Need a couple of plug and play vets. Can’t afford to have developing players protecting Joe again next year. There is some youth on the line that’s looks to be okay but an instant upgrade is required.

Zac Taylor defends Bengals’ offensive line, says he can call better plays to improve protection

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 16, 2022, 6:41 PM EST

Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was sacked a whopping 70 times between the regular season and postseason, but coach Zac Taylor says the offensive line doesn’t deserve as much blame as it’s getting.

Taylor said the whole offense has to improve in 2022, and that starts with Taylor’s own play calling.

“We just have to be better as a unit,” Taylor said, via Bengals.com. “I think that we’ll just look to improve the team any way that we can and not specific to one necessary group. The offensive line helped us get to the Super Bowl. They gave us opportunities to go win the Super Bowl. Everything always falls on them statistically, but that’s not always the case. There are play calls that could be better to help put them in a better position. There is a lot that plays into all that. They were an offensive line that helped us get to the Super Bowl and gave us opportunities to win and I think they should be commended for that.”

It’s to Taylor’s credit that he’s willing to take some of the blame onto his own shoulders, and he’s right that Burrow’s sacks aren’t just on the offensive line. But there’s little doubt that improving the offensive line will be a priority for the Bengals this offseason. Cincinnati has plenty of cap space and a full complement of draft picks in 2022, and it will be a surprise if the Bengals don’t bring in multiple new starters.

Yep he’s growing on me. Always ready to shoulder the blame but let’s be honest he’s not going to smash his players and call them below par and credit to him.
Im sure he and the front office know what needs to be done this off season. Imagine Joe with a second or 2 more time to throw 😍

Yep he’s growing on me. Always ready to shoulder the blame but let’s be honest he’s not going to smash his players and call them below par and credit to him.
Im sure he and the front office know what needs to be done this off season. Imagine Joe with a second or 2 more time to throw 😍
He also needs to draft OL as priority #1 tho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back