Teams Cincinnati Bengals - Who Dey

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure who I'd rather meet here. I think I want the Rams to win though. I couldn't handle losing to the 49ers again.
Sort of has a bit of romance to a Bengals vs 49ers though.

But always had a soft spot for the Rams when they were in St Louis, but hey that is dead now.

So happy right now. I was shaking in that last quarter. Thought we had blown it in the last quarter when the Chiefs got down our end. Then again when the Chiefs won the coin toss. When we got within FG range tears just started flowing, although I was nervous we'd still find some way to stuff it up.

WHO DEY!!

I’m still numb. In shock. Shed a tear at games end I admit. This team has no fear. Who Dey!!!!

Been following the bengals since the late 80’s when Boomer Esiason and Ickey Woods were running around

Not a rusted on diehard fan like others here but it’s so good to see these guys come from nowhere to make another Super Bowl.

Been following the bengals since the late 80’s when Boomer Esiason and Ickey Woods were running around

Not a rusted on diehard fan like others here but it’s so good to see these guys come from nowhere to make another Super Bowl.
For me it was 2005 (The first year i watched NFL) a young up and coming Bengals team with Palmer throwing to Johnson and Houshmandzadeh.

For me it was 2005 (The first year i watched NFL) a young up and coming Bengals team with Palmer throwing to Johnson and Houshmandzadeh.

And between those it was Jeff Blake to Carl Pickens and Darnay Scott.

Bengals have always had a little potential, just never gone on with it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bengals wide receivers coach Troy Walters says Ja’Marr Chase will never become a diva

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 9, 2022, 7:23 AM EST

Bengals wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase has already established himself as one of the NFL’s best playmakers, and he’s only 21 years old. But no matter how big a star he is, the people who know him best say he’s not going to let it go to his head.

Cincinnati wide receivers coach Troy Walters says Chase has shown maturity and a great work ethic in his first year in the league.

“He’s a rare type of guy where success really doesn’t change him. He’s been the same person, even in the preseason when he had all those drops. He hadn’t changed,” Walters said. “So he doesn’t change whether things are going well or things aren’t going well. . . . Very humble. Very even keel. Tremendous worker. . . . He doesn’t get too high, doesn’t get too low. If he messes up, he’s hard on himself. . . . He wants to correct it. I don’t ever see him getting that big head, becoming a diva. I’m going to stay on him. I let those guys know, even after his 200-yard performance, I let them know the next day that was the past. It’s all about what have you done for me lately. He gets it and he puts the work in.”

That’s a good sign that Chase has many more good years ahead in the NFL.

Carson Palmer: It’s demoralizing to get sacked as much as Joe Burrow, but he stays cool

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 10, 2022, 11:00 AM EST

The Bengals have drafted a quarterback first overall twice: In 2003, when they took Carson Palmer, and in 2020, when they took Joe Burrow. Palmer eventually became disgruntled in Cincinnati and forced his way out, and some would say Burrow has good reason to be disgruntled about the offensive line he’s playing behind. But Burrow has never shown any frustration.

With Burrow now in the Super Bowl, Palmer says he’s impressed with how easily Burrow seems to shake it off when he gets hit.

“Love everything about him,” Palmer said, via Bengals.com. “Very level-headed. It’s demoralizing to get sacked that many times . . . that takes an emotional toll on everybody . . . but you never felt that way watching him play. He was cool. He was calm. The offensive line believed in him. They knew the defense would get a stop. There’s a great belief and great energy in that magic. Just enough to get this team past all those All-Pros and All-Stars I hope.”

Burrow was sacked an NFL-high 51 times during the regular season, and he’s been sacked 12 more times in three playoff games. But he’s still standing, and leading his team to the Super Bowl.

Joe Burrow wins comeback player of the year over Dak Prescott

Posted by Charean Williams on February 10, 2022, 9:50 PM EST

Joe Burrow and Dak Prescott both had remarkable comeback seasons.

In the end, voters for the Associated Press’ comeback player of the year decided Burrow’s was more remarkable. Burrow was the winner of the award announced Thursday night at NFL Honors.

He received 28 votes to 21 for Prescott. Chargers defensive back Derwin James received the other vote.

Burrow tore the ACL and MCL in his left knee in Week 10 of his rookie season but was back for the opening weekend.

Burrow led the league with a 70.4 passer rating, passing for 4,611 yards with 34 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. The Bengals won the AFC North and went 10-6 in the 16 games Burrow started.

Prescott had a dislocated and compound fracture of his right ankle in Week 5 of the 2020 season, requiring immediate surgery. He required a second surgery in December to strengthen his ankle but returned to break Tony Romo’s team record for touchdown passes and led the Cowboys to the NFC East title.

Ja’Marr Chase wins offensive rookie of the year

Posted by Charean Williams on February 10, 2022, 9:28 PM EST

Odell Beckham was the last receiver to win the Associated Press’ offensive rookie of the year award in 2014. After six years of quarterbacks and running backs winning the award, Ja'Marr Chase broke the streak by winning 2021 offensive rookie of the year.

Chase was honored at NFL Honors on Thursday night. He received 42 of the 50 votes, with Patriots quarterback Mac Jones getting five, Chiefs center Creed Humphrey two and Chargers tackle Rashawn Slater one.

The Bengals took some heat for drafting Chase fifth overall rather than tackle Penei Sewell, and the voices grew louder when Chase had problems holding onto the football during the preseason.

Once the regular season began, though, Chase played at a Pro Bowl level with 81 catches for 1,455 yards and 13 touchdowns. He caught 11 passes for 266 yards and three touchdowns in a 34-31 win over the Chiefs in Week 17 that clinched the AFC North for the Bengals.

That performance gave Chase the record for rookie receiving yards in a single game, and he also set a new mark for rookie receiving yards in a season in the Super Bowl era. With two catches for 26 yards in the final game of the regular season, Chase also set the franchise record for single-season receiving yards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back