Chris Judd - is he remembered as an Eagle or Blue?

How is Chris Judd remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton for me.

Never watched him closely as an Eagle, and he spent the majority of his career a blue anyway.
Worked with the baggers post-playing career too.
Remember him being a flog (chicken wing!), the ridiculous Visy deal, getting a bunch of other suspensions at the blues, and being the face of Carlton’s silly marketing campaigns, bit of viccy bias I guess.

Barely registers as an Eagle for me personally.

I guess also that Eagles side when I did watch them was wild. Cousins, Kerr, Cox in the middle.

For years Blues was basically Chris Judd, Fev and some failed number 1 draft picks.

First time I saw him play I though f*** you Hawthorn why didn't you pick this absolute jet... Who knows how that would have planned out though cos his early years would have been wasted at the Hawks.

St Kilda though....

First time I saw him play I though f*** you Hawthorn why didn't you pick this absolute jet... Who knows how that would have planned out though cos his early years would have been wasted at the Hawks.

St Kilda though....
And I doubt Hawks would regret Hodgey...

Based on how people talk about him as a footballer and his career seems to be more associated with Carlton.

This isn't about which club he played the better football at.
I'm the opposite on Judd (definitely West Coast for me, and most voters in this thread by the look of it), but fair play.

Judd at the Eagles was a raw and explosive animal. Not hampered at all by injuries, had phenomenal pace and acceleration, amazing goal sense for a midfielder and was virtually the complete package.

At Carlton he had to lift the team around him. He had to play a different way because of the lesser Carlton outfits he played with. He was still exceptional, but much more attention was put on him and injuries stacked up.

Eagles for me was peak Judd but his efforts to put Carlton on the map were commendable and can’t be understated for different reasons.

At West Coast, he will be remembered as an Eagle.
At Carlton, he will be remembered as a Judd.

I felt sorry for him when he went to Carlton. He deserved better than to be playing for that rabble. Money isn't everything. Ditto Marc Murphy.

I remember him as a gambling shill who tried to keep his poker machine investments on the hush hush.
And as a mercenary who shopped himself around like a Hollywood screenplay. Thank God he never won a flag at the Baggers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Full Hawthorn bias engaged).

Physically, I see the late-era Blues version - banged up, bandaged, slow and poor skills.

What immediately comes to mind? the Visy Contract, Chicken Wing, Eye-Gouge. "Un-Judd like" commentary, unearned awards. I think a
lmost all of that is from his Carlton career.

On field memories, are as if he was two completely different players:

Eagles: The sheer
arrogance in his play (mostly backed by performance) as the
explosive attacking midfielder. Over-rated by the media, and terrible footskills, but damn he looked good getting the ball and running forward kicking goals.

Blues: Slowish inside mid, terribly over-rated for performance, tough inside mid with dodgy disposal and thuggish disposition. He was a warrior.

Looking back, he probably contributed more to the Blues than he did the Eagles, but I never saw him as a standout at Carlton, the way his Eagles career he did things others simply couldn't.

Neither

These days Mr twigley is more remembered for his missus wearing a red dress to the Brownlow or what themed party she’s throwing for all her shallow Insta mates at their(sorry her) house.

When you think of Judd doing distinctly Judd things, you think of the Eagles version (when his career was at legend pacing). He was still magnificent at Carlton, but much more mortal. The Eagles side he played in will be remembered a bit longer than the Ratten/Malthouse Blues as well. A Carlton worth remembering, as a genuine top tier flag threat that deserves a prelim, hasn’t really been seen since that last Parkin year.

Judd is West Coast - Judd Cousins Kerr Cox unstoppable and had a 3-4 year period where no one was close to him.

Every draft from about 05-10 they were looking for the next Judd, he was the new midfielder. Was untouchable some games speed strength through the hips and clean hands so good to watch!

Carlton showed his character came to the club won 3 b and f in a row 4 all Australians in a row and a Brownlow medal. Would come out with sticky tape holding his body together and still put in a blinders.

Back