Oppo Camp Chloe Molloy

Remove this Banner Ad

Devo! Hard to be a one club player if other clubs can throw more at you than your club can even consider of offering.

All the best to her , feel she hasnt even hit her straps yet. Will only get better

If we lose Lambert and Chiochi, im going to lose interest very fast , reconsider the membership

I don't think there is any compensation. We can lose 4 players for nothing I believe to the bottom teams.
The Pies may also be eligible to receive compensation as a result of losing Molloy to the Swans, with the League to determine whether clubs will have access to draft picks ahead of Season Nine (in 2024) depending on who they lose.

The Pies may also be eligible to receive compensation as a result of losing Molloy to the Swans, with the League to determine whether clubs will have access to draft picks ahead of Season Nine (in 2024) depending on who they lose.
We may get Pick 1.
Hawthorn got pick 19 for Buddy.
We got 1 draft pick for loosing Hope (Marque), King (Marque), Garner (future MVP) and Duffin to North.

Does anyone actually trust the AFL/AFLW to give us fair compo?

PS: Molloy deel is rumoured to be 4 years @ $300K or $1.2M
The best we could do was 2 years at band 1 ($71K) or $0.14M

Whatever the figures might be, we can be confident that the choice Molloy has made was almost no choice at all.

That's not quite true.
there is extra money that can be paid for marketing etc.
So she would be on more than this.
but even if you double the number.....the difference would still be ridiculous.

Its an opportunity that no one would pass up.
I hold absolutely no ill will towards her at all for making this choice.

I'm sure it was still difficult given her love for the pies.
Given it really wasn't a choice in the end!

Blame the game.
Blame the administrators.
But don't blame the player or the swans for this decision.
The swans are simply doing what they have been allowed to do.

Moy can f**k off!!

I don't usually have an issue with "required" players moving on if there's good reason. e.g. Ollie moved because he is from Geelong and to play with his brother ... and players like Treloar and Grundy that had long term contracts, well that's just totally wrong on our club's part to screw them over but it wasn't their fault.

If Moy was offered big coin, a new opp, a sea change, re-connect with Gowans, ... and let's be real, Sydney love a flasy fwd.... well then good luck. But she's a total hyprocite and I wish her zero success. If she publically apologies to the those she publically tee'd off on for leaving and called them out for not being loyal, then I'll change my mind.

I'll miss her craft but we move on.

I hope each time she plays us she has the curse of always hitting the goal posts. And also maybe the first time when she plays us and she grabs the ball the entire team sits on her head.

Moy can f**k off!!

I don't usually have an issue with "required" players moving on if there's good reason. e.g. Ollie moved because he is from Geelong and to play with his brother ... and players like Treloar and Grundy that had long term contracts, well that's just totally wrong on our club's part to screw them over but it wasn't their fault.

If Moy was offered big coin, a new opp, a sea change, re-connect with Gowans, ... and let's be real, Sydney love a flasy fwd.... well then good luck. But she's a total hyprocite and I wish her zero success. If she publically apologies to the those she publically tee'd off on for leaving and called them out for not being loyal, then I'll change my mind.

I'll miss her craft but we move on.

I hope each time she plays us she has the curse of always hitting the goal posts. And also maybe the first time when she plays us and she grabs the ball the entire team sits on her head.

Lets be honest. The only loyalty in the AFl or any sport are the fans.

If those figures being floated around are true , she would be foolish to not accept.

This is the AFLW's Admin fault , not the players. The scenery of the AFLW is very soccer like , but without the big bucks.

I would say Butler, Bonnici, Davey and potentially James and Allen, would be pushing for that status ...
Schleicher is better than most, if not all of them.

I agree , players will come and go, others will step up, she played

Who do we play on her to make sure she has a night to forget when she plays us?
Schleicher for sure.
I hope James continues her upward trajectory, then we won't care where Molloy went.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree , players will come and go, others will step up, she played

Who do we play on her to make sure she has a night to forget when she plays us?
Schleicher for sure.
I hope James continues her upward trajectory, then we won't care where Molloy went.

Butler even wouldn’t be a bad match up. With Schleicher helping out.

James can be the focal point of the forward line. Try build around her. Had a good finals game.

Not all doom and gloom. Just the no compensation for invested time into a player stings the most. If they want to bring in this stupid rule of longer contracts and more money that can’t be matched by 14 other clubs. Then they need to compensate the clubs losing the player.

How they think this balances the league is ridiculous. I understand why all Nicole Livingston had to control in her sports career was when you hit the wall , turn and swim to the other wall.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the money being mentioned is true, I have softened my view on Molloy. Good luck to her, will set her up financially and don't blame her for not taking the offer.

It is the AFL with its constant rule meddling and allowances that P's me off.

The best we could do was 2 years at band 1 ($71K) or $0.0.14M
1.2M?? Surely not? How is money like that sustainable in a competition where a good crowd is >4000?? There were games last year with crowds less than 1000! Molloy could be the highest paid sportsperson on the planet in percentage of revenue terms.

I was gutted to see her leave, she was one of my favourite players for the Pies I can get why she would move on the offer on the table would have been hard to knock back and all. Still sad that it's happened just hope the Collingwood team can recruit well.

Watching the Molloy interview on Fox Sports, you can see the emotion in her about leaving the Pies.
This must have been a heart wretching decision, but the security she gets from this deal makes it understandable, why she opted to move up to Sydney.
Molloy still very much loves Collingwood, that's easy to see in the interview, and Collingwood will always be in her heart. I have no doubt once she's finished playing out her contract in Sydney, she will return home to the Pies in some capacity.
Wish her all the best in Sydney....

Watching the Molloy interview on Fox Sports, you can see the emotion in her about leaving the Pies.
This must have been a heart wretching decision, but the security she gets from this deal makes it understandable, why she opted to move up to Sydney.
Molloy still very much loves Collingwood, that's easy to see in the interview, and Collingwood will always be in her heart. I have no doubt once she's finished playing out her contract in Sydney, she will return home to the Pies in some capacity.

I’m really pleased for her. It kills me that she’s left the Pies. But she’s the first AFLW player to be signed up for a massive (by AFLW standards) pay day.

I do not begrudge her one bit, and who amongst us would say no to a salary jump from $70k to $300k?

And still doing what you love and what you are good at. Just not where you’d rather be.

Go for it Chloe.

Sydney must of Offered her a Long and on a Ton of Money

I’m really pleased for her. It kills me that she’s left the Pies. But she’s the first AFLW player to be signed up for a massive (by AFLW standards) pay day.

I do not begrudge her one bit, and who amongst us would say no to a salary jump from $70k to $300k?

And still doing what you love and what you are good at. Just not where you’d rather be.

Go for it Chloe.

Shows the New Teams have a Huge Advantage and Teams in the AFLW get Shitted on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back