MRP / Trib. Charlie Cameron gets a week for dumping tackle on Lever - Tribunal = down to a fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Charlie now get to claim exceptional and compelling circumstances the next time he slams someone head into the ground in a tackle?

He will still not have been been suspended for one week despite being guilty 6 times at the tribunal 4 of them now for rough conduct.

He is practically a Saint on the field.

Charlie didn't "claim" anything of the sort.

The Lions tried to get the impact downgraded from medium to low and failed

It was the Tribunal that came up with the "exceptional and compelling circumstances" rationale to let hm off with a fine

You are directing your anger and vitriol in the wrong direction.

The AFL denies there's a "Toby Tax" because everyone gets treated equally.

Welcome to the "Charlie Concession".
Since we’re coming up with clever alliterative names for AFL bullshittery… what would we file these under?

Cattery Concessions? Kardinia Conspiracies? Geelong Gee-Whizzers?

Then you should be assured that I said it made me sick to think that we might end up with booing Cameron.

It wasn’t reassuring. There is no positive way to spin what you said.

It was the Tribunal that came up with the "exceptional and compelling circumstances" rationale to let hm off with a fine

You are directing your anger and vitriol in the wrong direction.

Submitting character references to the tribunal about your off field work is used for what then if not to try and use it to decrease your penalty?

It has absolutely nothing to do with what happened on the feild. Did the tribunal need to take it into consideration? No they didn’t. But you can’t deny it was used to try and sway the verdict. How many players are even allowed to submit character references as a defence?

This, and to a lesser extent the Butters non citing decision, flies in the face of #VICBIAS.

It's almost as though Melbourne and Carlton losing to two struggling teams on the weekend has brought a realisation that the AvFL's only hope in season 2024 is Geelong, that they're a little over that recurring nightmare and have decided that the time and effort invested in other markets is well overdue for harvesting.

Its 2001 onwards all over again.

What is this ludicrous rationale. You could find 5+ incidents last year where the same action got suspended.

The issue with the consistency of the MRP is that you can also find incidents this year (e.g. Greene on Andrew) that didn't even get cited as well as the three low impact incidence raised by Adrian Anderson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why we're adding good bloke references to tribunal cases.

Judge the cases as that and that alone.

Literally. This is something I never understood. I thought we all learnt our lesson after the Bachar Houli incident.

That is one of the points that resulted in them ignoring the Medium rating and letting him off. The fact it's part of their justification means it's part of the reason he got off.
"And is Aboriginal" being the shittest part of the shit post. You know that.

So the Tribunal just went out of their way to get Eddie Betts to be involved, and also mounted the argument all off their own bat about how Cameron helps others? Most generous of them.

Preseason all we heard was that the head was sacrosanct and that penalties were going to be much harsher this year. If the head was involved then watch out. Well that is the way it started with penalties being handed at about double last year's rate.

Now if you are a "good bloke" it gets downgraded so you do not miss a game.

If you are Brownlow Medal chance like another player you get off as well. No material difference between his incident and Windhagers.

It was meant to all be about the harm caused, or potential to cause harm, including longterm harm. Now it it is also who is involved.

Nope, it was found to indeed be medium.

He got off because he worked with aboriginal youth, and is aboriginal. The tribunal confirmed this.

Absolute disgrace.
Yeh I seen that it stayed medium just before I went to bed last night after I posted my comment.

Crazy times.

So despite his indigenous community work being one of the key points cited by the tribunal as to why he wasn't suspended, why would The Age report every other of those points, but make no mention of that one?

Bizarre

So despite his indigenous community work being one of the key points cited by the tribunal as to why he wasn't suspended, why would The Age report every other of those points, but make no mention of that one?

Bizarre

You need to look deep within your psyche as to why this has upset you so.

You gotta love the low intelligence level of some footy fans on here who mindlessly think that Cameron getting off is a good thing? They all need to go and look in the mirror and say three times to themselves " I know nothing about Modern Australian Rules Football". The AFL make these things up as they go along knowing the masses will lap it all up regardless. Incredibly poor decision considering the current circumstances.

You gotta love the low intelligence level of some footy fans on here who mindlessly think that Cameron getting off is a good thing? They all need to go and look in the mirror and say three times to themselves " I know nothing about Modern Australian Rules Football". The AFL make these things up as they go along knowing the masses will lap it all up regardless. Incredibly poor decision considering the current circumstances.

The Phantom Menace Fear GIF by Star Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back