MRP / Trib. Charlie Cameron gets a week for dumping tackle on Lever - Tribunal = down to a fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

A moment I'll never forget. Got to share it with my son who is a massive Charlie fan.

I'd encourage everyone to post their favourite Charlie Cameron moments in this thread, thank you.

Will you mute the TV at home on Saturday night every time King Charles kicks a goal and Country Roads rolls?

Vroom vroom

Reckon Adrian Anderson secretly threatened to sue the AFL for the two last minute screw jobs we have copped at Kardinia unless they got Chaz off?

Reckon Adrian Anderson secretly threatened to sue the AFL for the two last minute screw jobs we have copped at Kardinia unless they got Chaz off?

Don't remind me - having to play at small country grounds like Norwood and Kardinia are bad enough.

I presumed we just paid off the Tribunal.

My original argument was actually a pretty obvious shitpostusing the “prove me wrong” meme that you decided to respond to with a complete lack of humour, so I’m just playing along at this point.
Now ol mate has had to retreat to the '****post' excuse. This has gone downhill.

Now ol mate has had to retreat to the '****post' excuse. This has gone downhill.

Lol dude I’ve been shitposting from the second the decision came out. I thought he was going to get suspended for all money and am now revelling.

Read the room. Or read this.

Lol dude I’ve been shitposting from the second the decision came out. I thought he was going to get suspended for all money and am now revelling.

Read the room. Or read this.
I read your posts. You couldn't stick to your original point after even one post. Unfortunate.

I read your posts. You couldn't stick to your original point after even one post. Unfortunate.

Geez all that lead in the soil from the Ford factory has a really tragic legacy.

Prove me wrong.

Right outcome, appalling reasoning. They've literally said he's "unusual" because he is more "than half" of the players in his category.

I would like at this time to acknowledge the hypocrisy of the AFL leaders - past, present and emerging.

Yep. The AFL once again proving how much of a joke they are.

Just rate it Low and then give the fine. Why the **** would you uphold Medium and then give a fine instead of the week it is meant to be?

Obvious answer is so when its a Brownlow favourite they can do the same thing.

If the AFL had any integrity it would appeal and force the week.

Right outcome, appalling reasoning. They've literally said he's "unusual" because there is more "than half" of the players in his category.

I would like at this time to acknowledge the hypocrisy of the AFL leaders - past, present and emerging.

I think you make a good point.

Why the hell did they have to come out with all that convoluted and cringeworthy shizen as a "reason" to let Charlie off ??

All they had to do was to express the opinion that based on similar recent cases the tackle was low rather than medium impact.

Surely then, most pundits could accept that and just move on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, it was found to indeed be medium.

He got off because he worked with aboriginal youth, and is aboriginal. The tribunal confirmed this.

Absolute disgrace.
Oh come off it.

Oh come off it.

"The references from Eddie Betts and Gregory Egert provide impressive details of the work Cameron does in the Indigenous community.

He is a role model with an impressive AFL career, it is something for those he connects with aspire to."

That is one of the points that resulted in them ignoring the Medium rating and letting him off. The fact it's part of their justification means it's part of the reason he got off.

Wtf else does any of the above have to do with a guy slinging a guy into the turf??

Can the AFL not appeal this based on the utterly absurd reasoning given by the tribunal, in leaving it at medium grade but letting him off anyway?

Regardless of the player involved, it sets a ridiculous precedent in a system that is already widely questioned for its inconsistencies. Either past record should be accounted for or not in every MRP decision (right now it's never accounted for except this one), and character references are either allowed or they aren't (see above).

In my mind past record should absolutely be relevant for repeat offenders - there should be no such thing as a 'good record' but there should be a 'bad record' to add extra loading for repeat offenders, and character references should never be allowed for on field indiscretions since they are totally irrelevant. Instead the tribunal have gone half in on both, but only sometimes.

Does Charlie now get to claim exceptional and compelling circumstances the next time he slams someone head into the ground in a tackle?

He will still not have been been suspended for one week despite being guilty 6 times at the tribunal 4 of them now for rough conduct.

He is practically a Saint on the field.

The AFL denies there's a "Toby Tax" because everyone gets treated equally.

Welcome to the "Charlie Concession".

Jeez I wish this Charlie Concession worked during matches because no player is consistently allowed by umpires to be unfairly held, tripped or held than Charles Cameron.

90% of this thread is now Geelong posters self-reporting that they're worried about their prospects on Saturday night. I'm off to bed after what has been an excellent evening at the Tribunal for Charlie Cameron fans. Here's to you Charlie!

Cheers Drinking GIF by BBC

Plus I got a sick feeling we're about to enter Goodes territory again. I soo want to boo Cameron next time we play the Lions down here.

I refer the court to my earlier post about lead soil contamination.

Exhibit B your honour…

Plus I got a sick feeling we're about to enter Goodes territory again. I soo want to boo Cameron next time we play the Lions down here.

Please don’t boo Charlie. He’s an exemplary player. Did you know that he’s never been suspended before?

Nope, it was found to indeed be medium.

He got off because he worked with aboriginal youth, and is aboriginal. The tribunal confirmed this.

Absolute disgrace.

Absolute crock of .... Maybe go and ask Port fans how their Aboriginal players have fared at the tribunal. Keep the fact he is Aboriginal out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back