Prediction Changes: Round 18 Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Im pretty sure Willo was hurting pretty bad towards the end there. Likely reason for any skirting of duties. He had gone in real hard prior to that. They should sign him up for another year, how likely is it next year we will be in a position this far into it that we only have two best 22 injured? He will likely be needed.

He may likely be needed this final series. Injuries happen all the time. The good thing is he has the experience to slot in. I thought he added pace off half back.

I was ready to write Wilson off, but he's shown enough to earn another year imo. You need quality depth when you're contending.

That doesn't mean I think it's the wrong call to drop him this week though. Being quality depth in a quality side means you're going to be unlucky a lot of the time.

I suspect Walker partly got the nod for being better at locking down and partly because playing him is an investment in the future. Wilson is a 'break glass' player now, he's not going to be getting a game when we have everyone available.

I was ready to write Wilson off, but he's shown enough to earn another year imo. You need quality depth when you're contending.

That doesn't mean I think it's the wrong call to drop him this week though. Being quality depth in a quality side means you're going to be unlucky a lot of the time.

I suspect Walker partly got the nod for being better at locking down and partly because playing him is an investment in the future. Wilson is a 'break glass' player now, he's not going to be getting a game when we have everyone available.

Walker is a great investment fir the future however at the moment he gets holding the ball a fair bit.

Walker is a great investment fir the future however at the moment he gets holding the ball a fair bit.

Yeah and I've brought up his tendency to fumble in the past too, but at the same time I don't want us to be a Geelong who won't play youngsters until they're the finished product.

Why is there so much hate for Walker here?
Not sure either, Wilson (who is actually on the brink of being delisted) being dropped over Walker seems pretty obvious to me.

Don't get this idea that Walker isn't a good kick of the footy either, he's a pretty good kick imo.

Not sure either, Wilson (who is actually on the brink of being delisted) being dropped over Walker seems pretty obvious to me.

Don't get this idea that Walker isn't a good kick of the footy either, he's a pretty good kick imo.
The guy is 19 people need to realise!! 19 and built like a brick and has speed!!! He is gonna be a weapon for the next 12 years for us. All the hate so early hay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd written him off after that game against the Bulldogs last year.
I didn't even realise that Wilson was even on our list until he made the AFL team a few weeks ago... I thought he was just a Peel player now.

I guess I mentally delisted the guy after the Dogs/Brisbane games last year.

There’s a lot of very dangerous small forwards out there at the moment, Walker makes a few errors as he is only 19, but I can’t recall him having his pants pulled down.

Papley this week, another big job for him.

Except we do because Chappy or whoever else is in does just as well. It’s hard luck but he would be playing if he was 21 & Walker was 30 and closer to retirement.
That’s the point though isn’t it, that Chappy was injured, and Willo was the backup, and quality backup.

I hope you aren't suggesting that I hate Walker because I stated he occasionally gets caught holding the ball
Ohhhh no no. A few people have called for him to be dropped in recent weeks. I reckon for a 19 year old he has been awesome. He definetly has been caught holding the ball a few times. Give him a few years and he will have the strength to break tackles easier and use that leg speed more :)

Ohhhh no no. A few people have called for him to be dropped in recent weeks. I reckon for a 19 year old he has been awesome. He definetly has been caught holding the ball a few times. Give him a few years and he will have the strength to break tackles easier and use that leg speed more :)

Yeah agreed

There's something very special with him. I'm a massive fan.

Bit of ducks and drapes by JLo I reckon.
He knows Chap and Acres are best 22 but just making it public that it’s a tough call.

Expecting both to be named with Hughes and probably Wilson to come out.
Doesn’t look like Pearce will get up, they’ll play it careful

Going to be paying more attention to your posts from now on!

Walker over Wilson shows me that Longmuir and the selection committee are being courageous in backing in Youth while simultaneously tilting at a flag. It's ballsy. It's not what I'd have done, but I like it.

Imagine if they re did the draft for that year

Walker wouldn't be playing for Freo, neither Chapman nor NOD.

JLo is definitely making the most of these special talent the moment. He has some good selection headaches and must get credit in development too.

Im pretty sure Willo was hurting pretty bad towards the end there. Likely reason for any skirting of duties. He had gone in real hard prior to that. They should sign him up for another year, how likely is it next year we will be in a position this far into it that we only have two best 22 injured? He will likely be needed.
He still needs to get on and keep playing or sub himself off. Henry was waiting on the sidelines.

I noticed the reduced efforts and agree with you that it came after a heavy hit that I thought was in the last where he doubled over in pain for a bit. Once he recovered he has to go again. I think Taylor was right there were a few efforts late that he should have gone harder. He shouldn’t be crucified and he has played solidly but given the ins it was likely him or Walker. Walker is a good one on one defender. I was a little critical of him earlier in the year but I’m sold on him. Just needs to keep working at choosing the right option with his kicks. Made the poor disposal error that led to the last goal kicked by Max King.

The final piece of the puzzle for mine is
Alex Pearce and Switta replacing Banfield and Colyer. In that scenario Logue goes forward.

Reasonable changes for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back