Preview Changes & Preview - Yartapuulti vs Hawks Round 10 Sunday May 19th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too where I struggle with the team selections; last year Evans was dropped after kicking three goals, came back, kicked four and yep, he was dropped again.
Bevoman and Evans were in the closet making babies and the baby looked at me.

In: Sweet + Burgoyne
Out: Visentini + Sinn

We all know McEntee’s not getting dropped even though he conceded 2 key goals to the opposition and made some crucial errors and fumbles at key times in the game.
Assuming Sweet has Covid, leave him out till 100%. Look after your players.

Would like Visentini to have one more game, then Sweet a couple before Soldo takes over again.

It's great having three rucks that are at least competitive. And even better if one was very mobile and could mark.

Assuming Sweet has Covid, leave him out till 100%. Look after your players.

Would like Visentini to have one more game, then Sweet a couple before Soldo takes over again.

It's great having three rucks that are at least competitive. And even better if one was very mobile and could mark.
I think Dante should play to reward playing a good game. If he continues to play well, he should continue to play.

I wouldn't be dropping big Vis.

They say Butters will be fit.
Butters in Evans out.

Port want Sinn in the side think he stays.

Jordan Sweet is as good as he is going to to get. I'm worried that Port promised him the world to get him over here.

It would be completely irresponsible to put him back in over Dante.

Dante looked better than Sweet preseason and looked better again against Geelong and there's an upside.

Dante should get a little block here while Soldo is out along with a few games here and there to manage Soldo.

Next year with that one more Preseason he's a gun ruck.

Playing Sweet over Dante is just sabotaging Dantes development.

Well Soldo and Sweet ain't going anywhere but Dante will have decent trade value as we are overstocked.

We really do need draft picks as we've heavily traded those away the last few years. The list constantly needs freshing with youth otherwise our playing will age quickly leaving gaps to fill via more expensive trades.

I hate trading good young players but also don't want to limit his opportunities either as he is 3rd in the queue.

Hawthorn won so Meek gets the last laugh. It doesn't matter whether he got individually beaten or not, after the event.

Of course.

My point is only taps aren't be and end all.
Meek is ok Marshall is the ruck you want playing for your life in that game.

St Kilda didn't lose it in the ruck.

It can't really be an F grade offensive game when he had a direct goal assist, E grade at worst.
This is like someone insulting your two inch penis and you responding by saying it's actually two and a half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak Sinn Burgoyne Mead
Connor has to move to a wing imo

It's a conundrum I can't answer...is it time to move past Boak or do we need his experience?

It shouldn't be this hard if we have Maccheese in the side but yet here we are?

He was poor offensively.
He was good defensively.
There are two sides to the game.
I like the fact he got physical with Stewart. It actually stirred the cockles of my fists seeing Jed almost act like Butters. They moved him to the wing so well done.
I said in the review thread that if Drew went down and we needed a run with tag, Jed could, could, could do it.

You're not beating anyone with 6 possessions and 0 goals in the forward line.

Well Soldo and Sweet ain't going anywhere but Dante will have decent trade value as we are overstocked.

We really do need draft picks as we've heavily traded those away the last few years. The list constantly needs freshing with youth otherwise our playing will age quickly leaving gaps to fill via more expensive trades.

I hate trading good young players but also don't want to limit his opportunities either as he is 3rd in the queue.

Anyone who thinks Dante is getting traded is out of their mind.

Dante is a preseason away from being our obvious 1st choice ruck.

There's as much chance of JHF getting traded.

We picked up 2 B Grade Rucks off season that were an upgrade on what we had. Sweet doesn't get a game elsewhere. Soldo is good for half of the year and that's not going to improve.

Last edited:
One of the bizarre things is Sweet having a random fan base on this board.

Visentini played a better game than any of Sweet's AFL career.
You've gotta consider the opposition though rather than getting over excited.

Visentini was great and his few tackle efforts in particular were outstanding, but Sweet and Soldo possibly also would have had a field day against Stanley.

You're not beating anyone with 6 possessions and 0 goals in the forward line.

Yeah, that's why I said he was poor offensively.

IIRC, he had two or three good opportunities in the first quarter for goals or set ups alone but didn't capitalise.

Later, he was also the last player at the end of a chain from the backline and he messed that up as well.

And pretty much unsighted for the rest of the game.

It’s more the over the top celebrations by the Jedheads when Jed does the basics

Admitting you got something wrong is a sign of intelligence. Well done to the people exhibiting great football intelligence by admitting that Jed played a good game.

FB: 27] Esava Ratugolea, [25] Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, [6] Kane Farrell
HB: 5] Dan Houston, [8] Aliir Aliir, [3] Ryan Burton
C: [14] Miles Bergman, [16] Ollie Wines, [36] Will Lorenz
HF: [1] Connor Rozzee, [4] Todd Marshall-Jones, [33] Darcy Byrne-Jones
FF: [19] Mitch Georgiades, [22] Charlie Dixon, [15] Willie Rioli
FOL: [38] Dante Visentini, [9] Zak Butters, [18] Jason Horne-Francis

INT: [8] Josh Sinn, [44] Jackson Mead, [28] Willem Drew, [11] Jeremy Finlayson
SUB: [10] Travis Boak

OUT: McEntee, Evans
IN: Rozzee, Lorenz

Status
Not open for further replies.