Strategy Changes against the Swans Rnd4 - Preuss and Stretch for ANB and KK

Remove this Banner Ad

Stretch and preuss in, anb and kk out.
Join the club and welcome to the world of Goodwin at the selection table.

Everyone screaming out for more pace to be added to the side, so we add Stretch and 206cm, 114kg Preuss. In addition to making an injured TMac hobble around in airports and on planes and training..

EDIT: Is Preuss the biggest ever player to wear Red and Blue? Must be close..

Just reported that we are making our way out onto the ground now to ensure we get to your starting positions before the bounce.

Not really sure you can say we we're getting "burnt" on the KK trade... there's a reason the bloke was the set of steak knives in the May deal. Kind of surprised how some people were labeling him the answer to our wing and/or half-back flank problems when his last good season was 5 years ago. He might come good but there's obviously a lot of uncertainty around him.

Sorry over reaction (early reaction) and probably didn’t mean ‘burnt’, more ‘lost’.

I think a new approach is required highlighting the variety of strengths our defenders possess.
Put OMac on the left goalpost, it is only slightly more agile than he. Let Frost run after the ball all day, a la primary school, purely for the entertainment value and in the true MFC tradition of strange matchups put Jetta on Buddy.

That will change, mate.

You'll end up watching replays of our wins (because of how rare they are) so much that you know each upcoming play and are able to commentate the game with your eyes closed..

Well I have watched the first West Coast game and both finals wins from last year multiple times, so you’re probably not wrong. .

TMac absolutely has some form of an injury, couldn't get out of a jog last week.
Correct. I don't see how others fail to see this.

He is so clearly injured then when you hear reports of him 'hobbling around at training and absolutely no chance of playing' it makes it pretty obvious he shouldn't be playing/travelling/doing anything that isn't off-legs.

We might as well go complete mosquito fleet and try something different. At least we have some fit smaller types like Spargo/Garlett etc. Playing an injured player is not going to end well. We only need to look at Viney, Smith, TMac himself...

I didn't see the Casey game, but apparently Garlett did bugger all. Given he lost his spot in the team last year as a result of too many games where he did nothing, he needs a couple of weeks of consistent performances to earn his spot back, otherwise you're just bringing in another player who has missed time with injury with zero proven form. He probably gets an out as it was his first game back from injury, but if he's not dominating in the VFL, I don't see him playing another game for us. Picking a bloke based on what he might do, rather than what he is doing will get us nowhere right now, the team is already well over it's quota of players not delivering.

As for TMac ... plenty of players roll an ankle and play the next week, the suggestion was he was looking hobbled during a training run, not that he was taken up there in a wheel chair with the plan of making him hop around the SCG.
Yeah I said I see the hesitation with Garlett, but I kinda think it would have been difficult for anyone to shine in an 80 point thumping. I think he'd be better than playing an obviously injured TMac.

You couldn't see how hampered he was? You think he'd be right to go 6 days later by looking at him last week, given his injury history and that he had knee surgery 8 weeks ago? I wish I shared the same faith in our injury management staff as you

Yeah I said I see the hesitation with Garlett, but I kinda think it would have been difficult for anyone to shine in an 80 point thumping. I think he'd be better than playing an obviously injured TMac.

You couldn't see how hampered he was? You think he'd be right to go 6 days later by looking at him last week, given his injury history and that he had knee surgery 8 weeks ago? I wish I shared the same faith in our injury management staff as you
I've done plenty of injuries that have been right to go the next week, and I've done some that haven't. If it's a minor injury, no structural damage, just inflammation/bruising, you don't know how it's going to be until you try it out, which is obviously what they've done, but you seem to be screaming indignation at what would be a pretty standard process league wide that has merely been exacerbated by a short turn around to an interstate game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** i hope TMac is nearly 100% fit and isnt playing cause of the other late injuries. Knowing us he'll be hobbling around and then be out for 12 weeks

Sorry over reaction (early reaction) and probably didn’t mean ‘burnt’, more ‘lost’.

You're probably still going to be right. I'm assuming it was a fairly speculative trade hoping he'd somehow return to form, but its hard to gauge what the club figured he was worth given we packaged him and May up together. Muddied the waters a bit.

I've done plenty of injuries that have been right to go the next week, and I've done some that haven't. If it's a minor injury, no structural damage, just inflammation/bruising, you don't know how it's going to be until you try it out, which is obviously what they've done, but you seem to be screaming indignation at what would be a pretty standard process league wide that has merely been exacerbated by a short turn around to an interstate game.
Meh whatevs. It clearly looks like he is hampered to me.

**** i hope TMac is nearly 100% fit and isnt playing cause of the other late injuries. Knowing us he'll be hobbling around and then be out for 12 weeks
Still doesn't look like he's moving properly to me. Some of his follow up efforts just aren't there like they usually are

Remove this Banner Ad

Back